• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017

I don't know if driving is an option but the fema location in Miami I believe takes walk ins as well.

Another option is to show up to winn-dixie or publix, I've literally seen them asking people shopping if they want a shot because they don't want it to go bad. Winn-dixie seems to have a higher rate of no-shows at least in my area.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if driving is an option but the fema location in Miami I believe takes walk ins as well.

Another option is to show up to winn-dixie or publix, I've literally seen them asking people shopping if they want a shot because they don't want it to go bad. Winn-dixie seems to have a higher rate of no-shows at least in my area.
I appreciate the response, and would like to apologize for me being unclear in my original post. My wife was able to get her an appointment and she drove to Fort Myers last week for the first Phiser shot. My whole complaint was how it was quite a runaround to hunt it down online. Where a lot of older folks have issues.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Fort Myers area here.

Had to drive up to Arcadia to get a shot for my wife and I. Because they had an abundance.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Signed up on Friday since it opens to 40+ tomorrow, and I got a phone call yesterday to set up an appointment on Tuesday in Lake County.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I want to set up an appointment for a friend, what is the best way to do so? I've already had both shots.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately any senior that hasn't gotten it yet here in Florida just doesn't want it. I think waiting to try to coax those into getting it would be a waste of time as getting to herd immunity might help save those stubborn elderly.
While I don't think it's true that any seniors who haven't gotten it yet "just don't want it", we're not really in a place where we can limit availability just to accommodate people who can't figure out the online appointment system.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
What sort of verification are they doing to make sure only Florida residents or US citizens get a vaccine?

I have a brother in Miami and I'd like to travel to the US to get a vaccine.

Please don't get offended if you feel like I'm trying to take advantage of the situation.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What sort of verification are they doing to make sure only Florida residents or US citizens get a vaccine?
They are almost definitely going to ask for a Florida Driver's License or ID card. Local/state government has definitely tried to crack down on out-of-state people who come here trying to get a vaccine. You might have more luck at the sites that are run by FEMA or federal agencies.

If you look like your brother and he is a FL/US citizen, I suppose you can try using his photo ID.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
god im sitting here in new jersey just chomping at the bit for them to announce the all eligibility. come onnnnn.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
They are almost definitely going to ask for a Florida Driver's License or ID card. Local/state government has definitely tried to crack down on out-of-state people who come here trying to get a vaccine. You might have more luck at the sites that are run by FEMA or federal agencies.

If you look like your brother and he is a FL/US citizen, I suppose you can try using his photo ID.
Nah, don't want to risk getting caught like that. I don't want to lose my Visa.

Some teacher where I work at have gone to Amarillo, TX, but Florida is much more convenient for me because of my brother. They don't seem to care about legal status at that particular place (so undocumented people are not afraid to get their shots).

Maybe in a couple of months. I know I won't get a shot till next year here in my country.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
everything i see about him says he's a giant clown

He's not a clown. He's an authoritarian nightmare and a Republican wet dream. He probably won't make his real move this cycle, but he's young enough that he will be in the front line of the party in the future.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
While I don't think it's true that any seniors who haven't gotten it yet "just don't want it", we're not really in a place where we can limit availability just to accommodate people who can't figure out the online appointment system.
Ah, so if 30% of the elderly haven't been able to get a shot that's their own fault?

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
That is really amazing. How the hell is the US able to make this available to the whole population so quickly after an admin change? Seeing as here in Mexico they haven't even been able or willing to get all healthcare personnel vaccinated four months into the year, I'm envious for sure. It's going to be interesting seeing vaccination tourism blowing up later in the year as the US eases travel restrictions.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got on the health department site yesterday in Palm Beach and scheduled a Tuesday vaccine in the fairgrounds. Got lucky because i wasnt aware they were starting 18+ reservations early and just stumbled into getting on line. Had to wait an hour in the queue.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I was able to get an appt though Im not 40 yet, for Tuesday. I signed up with my age and they emailed saying I could go sign up, but every site required me to give a reason why or say I was 40. I just marked I was 40, which I'm one week away from, but on the 5th its open to all. I hope that isn't a problem cause by the time of my appt I will be within the allowed age range.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
I was able to grab an appointment on the 16th in Miami, Glad to finally have that off my back

EDIT: I'm 22 for those that wanted to know

OP
OP
HeartlessNobody2134
May 10, 2018
Also will add that we were given the choice between Pfizer and Moderna. By the time I got there, all the Pfizer was gone.

If you didn't want Moderna, you were put on a list to receive a call in about two weeks to get Pfizer.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Got mine today around noon here in Pinellas at Walgreens. Scheduled for round two on May 3rd.

I sent to a friend here in Orlando, its still not letting you sign up unless you're 40 and up.
The only workaround for this I found was to mark the form as if you're a frontline worker, they do it no questions asked now that the state is opened up.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I've dug through Walgreens, CVS, Publix, Walmart, and Sam's Club and still can't find anything. This really sucks. =/

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
I've dug through Walgreens, CVS, Publix, Walmart, and Sam's Club and still can't find anything. This really sucks. =/
Just get up early and book Publix on Monday/Wednesday/Friday when they have availability. I've had no trouble booking various appointments for all my family for the past couple of weeks.

Just have to be there early and have a couple of tabs/browsers refreshing.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018

I've been using this website to track vaccination locations with a zip code. Orlando had a few left the last time I checked, but I'm not sure how close these are to you.

Shutdown | Vaccine Spotter

Winding down operations of VaccineSpotter.org.

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017
Just signed up to get my shot tomorrow! Walgreens still had plenty of available slots for this week in Orlando.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I've been using this website to track vaccination locations with a zip code. Orlando had a few left the last time I checked, but I'm not sure how close these are to you.

Shutdown | Vaccine Spotter

Winding down operations of VaccineSpotter.org.
Thanks, I'll keep this in my F5 rotation.
Just signed up to get my shot tomorrow! Walgreens still had plenty of available slots for this week in Orlando.
wtf I've been refreshing the Walgreens vaccine locator for hours and only had a handful of them show up (which then get immediately snatched up).

DeepSearch

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
Got my first shot at one of the federal sites today. No appointment needed, just walked right in and they had me out of there in about 30 minutes.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
ATTN: Orlando peoples:
Mills 50 district Boutiq Medical Clinic has J&J available for walk-ins tomorrow from 12-5. My friend and my sis in law both got it there, wait was around an hour.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
FINALLY GOT ONE

It's a little farther from work than I would've liked, but at least it's not on the complete opposite side of town like 20+ miles away. I'll take it.

Based on the second dose date, it looks like it's the Moderna vaccine.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Based on the second dose date, it looks like it's the Moderna vaccine.

If it was at Walgreens, they're doing 4 weeks between the doses regardless of Pfizer or Moderna. They're changing that policy at the end of this week. I have a Pfizer one scheduled there, so I am going to see if I can get it changed to a 3-week gap instead of 4.

www.nytimes.com

Walgreens Not Following U.S. Guidance on Pfizer Vaccine Spacing (Published 2021)

After complaints from customers and the C.D.C., the pharmacy chain will start scheduling doses three weeks apart.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
If it was at Walgreens, they're doing 4 weeks between the doses regardless of Pfizer or Moderna. They're changing that policy at the end of this week. I have a Pfizer one scheduled there, so I am going to see if I can get it changed to a 3-week gap instead of 4.

www.nytimes.com

Walgreens Not Following U.S. Guidance on Pfizer Vaccine Spacing (Published 2021)

After complaints from customers and the C.D.C., the pharmacy chain will start scheduling doses three weeks apart.
Hm, yes, it is a Walgreens.

I'll try calling them about it, then.

EDIT: Ugh, their line doesn't allow me to connect with someone to change up when my second appointment should be. I don't even know which vaccine I am going to be getting. What should I do about this?