• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I never built and am more fine this season compared to the last one.

Exactly because of the bows.

I liked the marvel season though the most from the ones I played

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we have met so many insane sweats this season that I have friends who don't want to play anymore. It also makes me take more breaks and soured me on the game.

Shockwave bow and fire bow don't help at all against what we are up against. Fucking world championship competitors playing solo in squads and taking out everybody. I've played this game for 3 years now, doing OK, but never seen anything like this season.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Solo isn't much different for me, echoing the sentiment that the skill level seems to have shot up this past season. Was creeping last season but this one is something else. Type of people that can build and edit fluidly while running. Ones that will just build around you, try for a meme kill and hit you with the donkey laugh.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, solo isn't too sweaty. iirc it has sbmm, but other modes don't. Might be as simple as more people getting sweaty through the lockdowns, idk. My issue in Solo is actually a bit opposite. It's an epidemic of sneaky fucks. People hiding in bushes for three hours, crouching under stairs in random houses without making a noise etc. Then they shoot you in the back of the head with a gold pump. Is the crouch sound lowered this season? It feels like people taking advantage of that.

shadewolf

Oct 27, 2017
Solo isn't much different for me, echoing the sentiment that the skill level seems to have shot up this past season. Was creeping last season but this one is something else. Type of people that can build and edit fluidly while running. Ones that will just build around you, try for a meme kill and hit you with the donkey laugh.

This has been my experience playing on Xbox this season as well. Think I've only managed 2-3 solo wins, but the last 5-10 players have been a nightmare.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
This season has definitely had more sweats than usual at this point in the season.

I have had a lot more times where I'm trying to escape/outbuild someone and they are so quick they manage to somehow get behind me or in my box without me even realising.

Overall it's been fine I think since you aren't likely to be one shot from a sniper now but in close range fights it's been tougher overall from my perspective.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Mainly play on Switch so haven't seen this difference. Seems like they'd need to up the SBMM to segment out the good folk if it's a huge issue that impacts player retention.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Mainly play on Switch so haven't seen this difference. Seems like they'd need to up the SBMM to segment out the good folk if it's a huge issue that impacts player retention.

They had sbmm on every mode at first, but then streamers and sweats complained that it was unplayable for them (they'd be matched up with 99 other insane player and it was not fun for them...). They kept sbmm only in solo. Well, they say that, but we don't know. I just want an option to not have pc players in crossplatform squads.

FnordChan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Beautiful Chapel Hill, NC

I'm not sure about the primal rifle, but if you're able to get a bow upgraded to have either grenades/shockwaves (mechanical) or fire/stink/etc. (primal) effects associated with it that goes a long way toward getting someone turtling out of hiding.

Edit: Whoops, False Witness beat me to the comment and provided a better explanation of how you can also use shockwaves to hurl yourself thorugh buildings.

I will take the edit to note that as a non-builder who just tries to sneak my way throughout the game this season has been going about as well as usual, with the modified bows providing excellent end-game options.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
After my last comments my group decided to play tonight and had a decent session, 11 wins over 3 hours.

Didn't feel like we were playing a bunch of pro players all night like the last few weeks.

Still think this will be the last session for awhile unless something new is added

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Sorry that should have been 11 over 5 hours, which is definitely the best we've done.

We aren't bad we've been playing together since the begining pretty much, but put us up against a team of component builders and we get destroyed partly as we've got two players who basically refuse to build but other than that are very solid players.

Tonight it felt like the building was on par barring a couple of exceptions.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had to google what "sweats" meant, lol. Just started playing this season.

I don't run into super builders, or I guess "sweats", that often in PS5 Solos. Though that's because I specifically don't play on my PC, as the idea of shooting someone who then starts typing an essay and building a 10 story maze makes me sick.

Oh yeah, solo isn't too sweaty. iirc it has sbmm, but other modes don't. Might be as simple as more people getting sweaty through the lockdowns, idk. My issue in Solo is actually a bit opposite. It's an epidemic of sneaky fucks. People hiding in bushes for three hours, crouching under stairs in random houses without making a noise etc. Then they shoot you in the back of the head with a gold pump. Is the crouch sound lowered this season? It feels like people taking advantage of that.
That's me to a tee. In my defense, my only Battle Royale experience before this was PUBG, where that was the main playstyle. That and I hate building, so treating the game like a stealth game is my only defense.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
That's me to a tee. In my defense, my only Battle Royale experience before this was PUBG, where that was the main playstyle. That and I hate building, so treating the game like a stealth game is my only defense.

Haha, fair enough. It was just me having this absurd streak of cheap deaths.

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I've been put in the wrong SBMM bracket this season. Every battle (say around top 50) has the building + shotgun over the top approach due to how strong the primal shotguns are.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Shotgun over the top? Shit, that's every battle in Fortnite history since the beginning.

I'd love to see a season where they are removed completely.

Jared

Oct 27, 2017
How long is someone like Aloy normally available for? Just 24 hours?
It's variable. Sometimes they stay for a week, sometimes they hang around longer. They cycled Kratos and Master Chief in a couple times last season. I think if you miss it now there's a very good chance she'll be back by end of season.

shadewolf

Oct 27, 2017
How long is someone like Aloy normally available for? Just 24 hours?

Kratos and Master Chief were available at multiple times last season and usually stayed for a few days at a time at the least. Chief was in the shop for almost three weeks in a row around Christmas I believe.

Also the next days shop is known via API a couple of hours before it resets, so on Twitter people like @iFireMonkey or @hypex will tweet around 6PM ET with what sections will be in the shop, so you can figure out what's leaving/changing.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry that should have been 11 over 5 hours, which is definitely the best we've done.

We aren't bad we've been playing together since the begining pretty much, but put us up against a team of component builders and we get destroyed partly as we've got two players who basically refuse to build but other than that are very solid players.

Tonight it felt like the building was on par barring a couple of exceptions.

I can see how y'all could be burnt out on a game after 5 hour sessions.

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
Nope its still not fixed. You have to get lucky and get the daily version.

Not sure why epic just hasn't auto-completed it. It is on their Trello board as a known issue.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I have gone from unfairly maligning Fortnite to seriously contemplating subscribing to the monthly service in a span of about four days. I now require the following outfits to be added:

TMNT
Shredder
Isaac from Dead Space
Jill Valentine
Leon Kennedy
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Optimus Prime
Bumblebee

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Finally managed to get the daily/common quest for igniting structures so was able to get rid of the legendary quest.

What a damn pain but at least it's done now.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I logged in and got a bunch of Epic quest rewards suddenly, and then I looked and it seems that the game gave me the Ignite Structures quest as completed!

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
The Grappler Bow is like paying 500 gold for a worse version of the Shockwave bow that will likely get you killed to fall damage.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Resubscribed to DC Universe and got the code for DC Rebirth Harley Quinn. She looks great! I was sad about missing out on the previous Harley skins, but I'm okay now. Haha.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I think the grapple bow fall damage thing was just me getting really unlucky with where I landed. Kept landing on small side pieces of buildings that would immediately push me off.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The Batman armor skin looks cool

EzdpOamXIAEuig1

Status
Not open for further replies.