• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
Nomura jumping into KH4 based on the plot points he set up with the epilogue and secret movie would be really ridiculously jarring, he absolutely needs at least one game to set it up

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
Nice. Bring on the adventures of Roxas and Ventus. We need some time for all the side characters to interact more.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be shocked at a KH that comes out initially on Switch and then gets ported to other systems as a remaster ala 3D

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Nomura jumping into KH4 based on the plot points he set up with the epilogue and secret movie would be really ridiculously jarring, he absolutely needs at least one game to set it up

For him to become uninterested in the narrative he has been building up for game and drop it the second he comes up with another concept just like it happened during this saga? No thanks, Nomura can't do overarching narratives.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
as long as the title is on a smaller scale i would be fine with that, heck just re use alot of KH3 mechanics and give me more characters to play as

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
It's pretty obvious that

KH3 ending spoilers]they need a game to set up the Foretellers properly before heading into the next arc. Maybe one with Ava as the protagonist.

There are no more PSPs or 3DSs out there, though. The next Kingdom Hearts will be in the exact same format and in the exact same platforms that Kingdom Hearts IV would be in. It just won't be called IV.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Nomura considers the numbered titles those that have Sora, Donald and Goofy travelling the worlds and resolving the plot points raised in previous games. Considering the ending of KH3, there absolutely should be a set up game that does not have Sora, Donald and Goofy. Same as after Kh2 we needed BBS to flesh out the secret movie and set up MX for KH3.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So it'll be
Sora rescuing Kairi, and end with him getting lost and Riku leaving for him.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
So I'm guessing at the Switch will get a KH game considering there's been at least one KH game on every nintendo portable like system since GBA era.

They can call it KH 3.5

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Oh boy, I can't wait to see what stupid title he comes up with this time.

For real, I'm actually looking forward to it.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Yeah I'm guessing a smaller scale game on Switch. Maybe they'll find a way to get 4 on Switch too later. Obviously it would be ported to the other systems too, but I imagine they'd want to team up with Nintendo for the marketing.

The secret movie felt more like the intro to a side game than the next main game.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with this if Osaka isn't developing and are instead moving right on into KH4. Basically just a smaller scale game to wet the appetite between 3 and 4.

I'm guessing this is just another mobile game though :(

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm ok with this because the spin-off titles are the best chances to play as someone other then Sora. Birth by Sleep, 0.2, 358/2 Days, half of Chain of Memories, half of Dream Drop Distance, and I guess if you want to be really pedantic Re:coded.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm guessing a smaller scale game on Switch. Maybe they'll find a way to get 4 on Switch too later. Obviously it would be ported to the other systems too, but I imagine they'd want to team up with Nintendo for the marketing.

The secret movie felt more like the intro to a side game than the next main game.

Why would they bail on the fanbase they already KNOW buys the games on PS4 for marketing help, though?