• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
It's been over 20 years, and now the character we saw in the RG artwork is finally being realized as a true equal to Red and Green/Blue Oak.
RGB_guidebook.jpg

Of course she was playable in FRLG, but that was as far as things ever went, even though she was a prominent character in the Pokemon special manga too.
But now she's finally being realized in the same vein as her copartner red and oaks grandson. She's getting a new makeover in let's go Pikachu and Eevee that's putting her original dress seen in the above artwork as well as Pokemon special on top of her frlg outfit, and I couldn't be happier.
DCdyLuX.png

This calls for celebration, as it's something I know a lot of devoted Pokemon fans have been wanting for years

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely one of the most interesting things to come from this game. Nice one Gamefreak!

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
After being completely forgotten in Sun & Moon, it's only fair. Hopefully we can battle her.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take it as an apology for her being missing in SuMo.

Real talk, they shoul canonize Yellow(the character) to the games.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
The top rated comment on the Pokémon subreddit is saying that that's Green from Pokémon Adventures, not Leaf. Anyone know anything about this?

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
We've got higher resolution screenshots than that. Here are all three characters from the latest trailer.
vlcsnap-2018-11-07-10h21m29s632.png

vlcsnap-2018-11-07-10h19m56s306.png
vlcsnap-2018-11-07-10h19m46s373.png

OP
OP
Linde

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
The top rated comment on the Pokémon subreddit is saying that that's Green from Pokémon Adventures, not Leaf. Anyone know anything about this?
Green/Leaf, same deal. Pokemon adventures = Pokemon special
Never officially localized iirc so there's a lot of confusion around what their names should actually be.
Highly recommend reading the manga to anyone who's interested in a grittier more shonen-esque pokemon

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good, now make a teen rated pkmn adventure special game. That manga is my favorite take on pokemon.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Green from the manga is now canon. I am shook. Finally.

qq more

Oct 25, 2017
I am extremely happy about this. Also happy that Red has his OG design again along with Blue, I didn't expect this would happen despite the Gen 1 love for this game.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize they called her Leaf in FRLG. I hope they're gonna call her Blue/Green in Pokemon Let's Go because Red, Green and Blue sounds much better than Red, Leaf and Blue.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This happened in 2004 and she was actually a playable character while she'll just be an NPC that likely won't have a big role. It's still cool to see her again but thread title is false.

So timeline wise when does this take place? during Red's journey? They all look young, Team Rocket is still there with Giovanni or will it go full alternate universe where the new playable character does the things Red was meant to do?

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait what, have I missed something. Are red, blue and green in this as well as those little kids? Is this canonically happening at the same time as Red and Blue?

OP
OP
Linde

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
This is my take as well, are people out of the loop or something?? She was always canon since they added female trainers in Crystal.
They have never recognized her original RG design until now. Also they ignored get completely while making Red a NPC in GS, hgss and sun and moon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
....what

I don't want to think about Pokemon dying. Let alone them getting cut in half. Nope.
That aspect of it is definitely toned down after a while. There's still stuff that wouldn't be in any other official Pokémon media, but nothing to the extent of them getting cut in half.

It can still get pretty shounen anime at times, though.
image0.jpg

unknown.png