• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I would like some Noelle + Sucrose constellations , but since I don't want Venti , I think I will wait for a next opportunity

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
NOELLE IS BEST MAID SHUT YOUR ASS.
She also happens to be the absolute worst maid :P

that being said a c6 Noelle would likely go decently with Albedo and if I can get Zhongli I'd be tempted to run Ning and him as well to have an all earth team :P

I would like some Noelle + Sucrose constellations , but since I don't want Venti , I think I will wait for a next opportunity

Why don't you like nice things :P?

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Banner will be a complete skip for me. I already have Venti and don't care for constellations, I have Sucrose at C6 and don't care for Noelle and Razor. I'll either save up for Childe and Rosaria or if leaks confirm Varka I'll skip Childe too. Gotta catch the hunky Grand Master with guaranteed pity. :)

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
People were talking about a plunge attack nerf and I was panicking for my Xiao
I guess it's just an on the ground tech?

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
She also happens to be the absolute worst maid :P

that being said a c6 Noelle would likely go decently with Albedo and if I can get Zhongli I'd be tempted to run Ning and him as well to have an all earth team :P
Yeah until Noelle gets to C6, she doesn't exist to me and I'm not going out of my way to help her get there.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Banner will be a complete skip for me. I already have Venti and don't care for constellations, I have Sucrose at C6 and don't care for Noelle and Razor. I'll either save up for Childe and Rosaria or if leaks confirm Varka I'll skip Childe too. Gotta catch the hunky Grand Master with guaranteed pity. :)
Is varka an unknown character? Never heard anyone mention them before

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is varka an unknown character? Never heard anyone mention them before

You have never heard of him in general? Several of the Mondstadt characters talk about him in their profile lines and he is also mentioned here and there in the main story or character stories. He's the actual Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius, Jean is just his deputy.

Now datamines of the 1.5 beta mention a character named "Eula" no one has ever heard of before. The description of that character, from Mondstadt, a knight and cryo claymore user as well as their profile lines fit 100% to Varka though. Chances are good it's actually him.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
You have never heard of him in general? Several of the Mondstadt characters talk about him in their profile lines and he is also mentioned here and there in the main story or character stories. He's the actual Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius, Jean is just his deputy.

Now datamines of the 1.5 beta mention a character named "Eula" no one has ever heard of before. The description of that character, a knight and cryo claymore user as well as their profile lines fit 100% to Varka though. Chances are good it's actually him.
Thats what I get for skipping all dialog

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So Venti banner leaks were right!

Kinda meh about the four stars, though. I still need a couple more Razor dupes but he's probably the least used outta those I have built up, Sucrose is already maxed, and I don't use Noelle at all. Ah well, I don't plan to go very hard on Venti's banner anyway since his C1 is useless for support and I don't wanna whale all the way for his C2 at this time. I'll throw what I get on his banner as we go and if I pull him, I pull him -- otherwise it's Childe's C1 I'm really after this patch. ...Although I get the feeling Childe's 4*s are gonna be just as meh, if not more than, as Venti's, lol.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Mihoyo shared these pretty graphics:

EwfXl0ZUUAAUmW9

EwfXl0aVgAE6yOh

EwfXl0bVcAc89b0

EwfXl0aVIAA9ZE6

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Mihoyo shared these pretty graphics:

EwfXl0ZUUAAUmW9

EwfXl0aVgAE6yOh

EwfXl0bVcAc89b0

EwfXl0aVIAA9ZE6
why do they constantly have Rosaria added to the pictures like a terrible photoshop shoving her in at like a 40 degree angle which would cause her to just fall over backwards? Or at the very least she would need to always be balancing on one foot sideways lol.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
why do they constantly have Rosaria added to the pictures like a terrible photoshop shoving her in at like a 40 degree angle which would cause her to just fall over backwards? Or at the very least she would need to always be balancing on one foot sideways lol.

I agree it looks funny. If only for the reason that all the characters (Venti, Barbara, Noelle, Chongyun and Benny) have this cute and innocent look about them and then in the background you have that fetish nun escaped from some hentai anime, lol.
I mean...she doesn't even look like that anymore... It's kinda false advertising isn't it?

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
So my daughter (she's 8) and I play on the same account. She really likes Hu Tao. We had 4000 primo gems (25 wishes worth) and we're on wish 62. I basically had to convince her if she wanted Hu Tao she'd have to commit to spending all the primo gems. But we also randomly pulled Ganyu on her banner so Hu Tao wouldn't even be a sure thing.

Got Hu Tao on wish 77 I think! End up with over 1k primo gems left and a happy kid.

Also, the spiral abyss challenge wording was misleading. I'm not the only one on the internet that thought right it read like beating floor 8 gets you another 2400 primo. Floor 7 was insanely hard and I grinded that thinking we'd get a ton of gems after clearing floor 8. Oh well, kid got the character she wanted.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Just pulled a Jean on the standard banner. Yay! New character to build that I have absolutely no resources for.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Venti banner posted now! It confirms a three week duration.

genshin.mihoyo.com

Genshin Impact – Step Into a Vast Magical World of Adventure

Genshin Impact is an open-world action RPG. In the game, set forth on a journey across a fantasy world called Teyvat. In this vast world, you can explore seven nations, meet a diverse cast of characters with unique personalities and abilities, and fight powerful enemies together with them, all...
At least you can get budget Venti if you can't manage to get regular Venti.

So my daughter (she's 8) and I play on the same account. She really likes Hu Tao. We had 4000 primo gems (25 wishes worth) and we're on wish 62. I basically had to convince her if she wanted Hu Tao she'd have to commit to spending all the primo gems. But we also randomly pulled Ganyu on her banner so Hu Tao wouldn't even be a sure thing.

Got Hu Tao on wish 77 I think! End up with over 1k primo gems left and a happy kid.

Also, the spiral abyss challenge wording was misleading. I'm not the only one on the internet that thought right it read like beating floor 8 gets you another 2400 primo. Floor 7 was insanely hard and I grinded that thinking we'd get a ton of gems after clearing floor 8. Oh well, kid got the character she wanted.
Congratulations!

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
This is the most fascinating info I've seen in a while:

Surprised it's such an even player distribution.

Also that Mihoyo note about Dragon Strike seems to indicate that it's still in the game and for now they're just monitoring it. I hope they leave things in the game that provide skill expression. Dragon Strike is an extremely precise trick and doing it is a) really cool and b) really difficult.

Interesting that they didn't do anything about Supervape though...

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020
I've recently leveled my Amber to Lv.70 and her Artifacts to +8 and she could end up having a good stat spread. I need to level up her Talents and craft her a 4* bow (she's using the 3* one that boosts damage on weakpoints by 48%), but I've had decent luck with some Artifact substats.

I hope I get a decent Pyro Goblet soon, because the one she's using is crap. Also a Bow Prototype.

Congrats! Hope you both enjoy playing as her.

kpup

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
oSlABUc.png

And i'm back in the no mora gang. Really the only thing tempting me towards getting the bp before it ends here.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Also that Mihoyo note about Dragon Strike seems to indicate that it's still in the game and for now they're just monitoring it. I hope they leave things in the game that provide skill expression. Dragon Strike is an extremely precise trick and doing it is a) really cool and b) really difficult.
I'm not sure what a Dragon Strike is, but I miss my Albedo super jump :(

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is the most fascinating info I've seen in a while:

Surprised it's such an even player distribution.

I'm not surprised at all. I've been mentioning for some time now that a big shift in the playerbase happened when the game fully released and gained many millions of new players, many of them women. It went from a straight male dominated playerbase to something more diverse and more evenly divided. Something that I am glad happened, because before there was this boys club feel to the community. That feels very different now.
You can tell Mihoyo is fully aware of that shift as well. In game content and marketing they've already adapted. Just take a look at the banner characters. In this supposed "waifu game". On 7 out of 11 character banners you actually find "husbandos". Or look at yesterday's social media posts where they shared artwork for Jean's birthday, but also Valentines art of Zhongli and Childe. If you look at the stats of those, Zhongli and Childe pretty much run away with all the attention. Zhongli even once again broke a record on the Japanese and probably also soon on the international Genshin Twitter account by receiving the most likes on a media post there ever.
Back when the characters, that we now all know of, were first leaked, I remember talking to a few other players over on the official Genshin Discord about it. They literally laughed at me and the notion that the game could use some more attractive, male characters, seeing that like 90% of the leaked characters were attractive girls/women. They said, that's never going to happen, I should just take a look at Honkai Impact 3rd, Mihoyo's other game. It was a wonder Mihoyo didn't just put waifus in the game and wasted their time and money on male characters for the few female or gay male players.
That was one of the times when the community felt like this chauvinistic boys club.
A lot has changed in the meantime. I can even imagine that Mihoyo right now works especially on male characters or other types of female characters to have greater diversity in their future character offerings for every taste.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
old.reddit.com

Hoyolabs removed the post about a Sea of Lights winner being hacked, but we saved it in PDF form.

Posted in r/GenshinHacked by u/crimekiwi • 251 points and 25 comments

This is a... bad look. They're just trying to censor any and everything regarding this leak/hacking and pretend it doesn't exist.

Baizhu was leaked for 1.6. I still think that leak is probably the go-to atm, but we'll see when 1.5 goes up on beta.

Oof.

@_@ how do you change your email on your account..?

I don't think you can, but not 100% sure since I'm on console. What I'd advise is to beef up the security of your email, change the password and enable 2FA if the provider offers it.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Damn guys, I decided to throw 30 wishes in the weapon banner since I already have enough to get a secured Venti and... My god, sometimes this game really pisses me off and sometimes... Not.
Like, I didn't get any useful weapon but in these 30 pulls I found both Xingqiu and Diona and those two were the 4* character I was missing and I needed them a lot, so while I didn't get what I wanted I'm happy with the result.
My main team at the moment is Diluc/Tartaglia/Sucrose/Bennett: I use Tartaglia as second dps/ burst support, since I can use his burst and make like 70k when it hit an enemy infused with pyro. But maybe Xingqiu is more useful with Diluc, since he can make smaller number but damage more consistently. Is Xingqiu really this good? I have a spare sacrificial sword too.
Sucrose will immediately be swapped out with Venti in a couple of days, of course

Edit: I should also mention that one of the reasons I'm leaning toward Xingqiu is the fact that having those rain swords shields looks very handy in the last floor of the abyss, where the geovishaps are attacking constantly

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Damn guys, I decided to throw 30 wishes in the weapon banner since I already have enough to get a secured Venti and... My god, sometimes this game really pisses me off and sometimes... Not.
Like, I didn't get any useful weapon but in these 30 pulls I found both Xingqiu and Diona and those two were the 4* character I was missing and I needed them a lot, so while I didn't get what I wanted I'm happy with the result.
My main team at the moment is Diluc/Tartaglia/Sucrose/Bennett: I use Tartaglia as second dps/ burst support, since I can use his burst and make like 70k when it hit an enemy infused with pyro. But maybe Xingqiu is more useful with Diluc, since he can make smaller number but damage more consistently. Is Xingqiu really this good? I have a spare sacrificial sword too.
Sucrose will immediately be swapped out with Venti in a couple of days, of course

Edit: I should also mention that one of the reasons I'm leaning toward Xingqiu is the fact that having those rain swords shields looks very handy in the last floor of the abyss, where the geovishaps are attacking constantly

Xingqiu is fantastic but I'm not sure about C0, I didn't really start using mine until c5 (now c6) so I don't really have experience of him at lower cons, I don't have Childe either
If you're going with him absolutely invest in the sac sword

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Xingqiu is fantastic but I'm not sure about C0, I didn't really start using mine until c5 (now c6) so I don't really have experience of him at lower cons, I don't have Childe either
If you're going with him absolutely invest in the sac sword
Well, the good thing about 4* is that eventually I will get constellations for him, more importantly I could/should get his fist cons from buying him in the Paimon shop, but I'm not sure it's worth it (the first cons add another defensive rain sword, so)... I should try him first anyway. Thanks

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind any of the 4* on Venti's banner, so I'm happy. It lasting 3 weeks means I'm basically guaranteed to get him, too, unless my luck goes terribly wrong

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Abyss buffs:
Characters possess an ATK-increasing Windward Aura that can increase their ATK by a maximum of 60%. For every opponent who steps within the Aura, the Aura's effect is decreased by 25%. When 4 or more opponents are within the Aura, this effect will not provide an ATK increase.
Hitting an opponent with a Plunging Attack decreases their DEF by 40% for 10s.

Translation: Ganyu and Xiao go brrr.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Good banner. I'm glad Sucrose is there as I'm on 50/50 pity, so those who can't manage Venti can at least get her. I don't have Razor either and I want him too.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really need Razor's constellation cause he's my main dps but i already got Venti... Fuck.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
It's a trip reading through the posts on the official update notice that are demanding to revert Rosaria to the 1.2 design. One guy threatening to never give Mihoyo another penny unless they do.

They're not even trying to couch it in "false advertising". Just straight up angry that a female character has smaller breasts...

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
As I feared, Venti get all the 4* I don't care about while Childe will likely get Rosaria and Fischl. :sad:

Also no longer 2 weeks banner mean a slower 4* stars rotation meaning it will take even longer than expected to get the 4* constellation I want. 4* stars you want getting on a banner you don't want to waste your pity on is frustrating enough but those banner lasting 3 weeks and with the number of 4* characters ( very ) slowly increasing sure make that even worst.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
It's a trip reading through the posts on the official update notice that are demanding to revert Rosaria to the 1.2 design. One guy threatening to never give Mihoyo another penny unless they do.

They're not even trying to couch it in "false advertising". Just straight up angry that a female character has smaller breasts...

I can respect if somebody is honest with their reasoning, and doesn't try to veil it as anything other than give me big mommy milkers.

What gets me are the people who spin bullshit and pretend they're fighting for a cause.

Mett

Oct 29, 2017
Do we know if Rosaria will use upgrade pieces from the Cryo flower or will it be like recent new characters Xiao/Hu Tao requiring you to do the rock boss?

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017

Most people probably wouldn't have noticed until anyone told them.
I mean you only meet her once, wasn't it even in the Dragonspine event quest, so you don't even do that anymore?
Or was that still one of the non timelimited quests?

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
What gets me are the people who spin bullshit and pretend they're fighting for a cause.
Most people probably wouldn't have noticed until anyone told them.
I mean you only meet her once, wasn't it even in the Dragonspine event quest, so you don't even do that anymore?

You two just don't get it. Mihoyo LIED to us by introducing this deep layered character with such a striking and interesting design which built excitement for her. Her boobs represent a tacit promise by Mihoyo that was subsequently BROKEN when they completely butchered her design. I for one think this is morally inexcusable action from this multi billion dollar gatcha company.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
BUTCHERED I SAY!!!

The only thing that was truly butchered in recent years was Maidean Astraea's theme by Bluepoint.

Absolutely DISGUSTING.

Status
Not open for further replies.