• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
It was like "oh I know who would know someone who knows about shady symbols" and I was thinking oh who in Liyue knows about shady symbols?

Kaeya? What?

ohhhhh this is so they can name drop the Mondstadt festival name.

I think it's also that they're kinda juggling the progression of people/vs. the event narrative . Considering the event is accessible when you hit AR23, and by that point you'll be around the end of the Mondstadt arc.

Looking at it from that way Kaeya is someone that lower AR player are familiar with in the narrative. And that's probably also the reason that other Liyue characters don't really show up as quest givers in the event so far.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
This OT, as were the the prior ones, was still young, naive and innocent, yet was already banished to Hangouts. If anything the cruel treatment it suffered in its early age made it to what it has become now.

25360689.gif

We've become a product of our environment!

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It was like "oh I know who would know someone who knows about shady symbols" and I was thinking oh who in Liyue knows about shady symbols?

Kaeya? What?

ohhhhh this is so they can name drop the Mondstadt festival name.
That was a weird pull. Let's randomly go all the way back to Mondstadt to talk to Kaeya about this one thing.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I actually like all the dialogue of npcs in the Liyue event, but it only goes to further highlighte how NONE of the Liyue Playable characters are around when i get to talk with Kaeya before even SEEING Xiangling or Chongyun.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Just reestablishing Kaeya's criminality and associations with domestic terror organizations.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There recently have been several music videos on Bilibili of Chinese Genshin voice actors singing original Genshin themed songs. This is also one of those. It is sung by Venti's Chinese VA and is called "Liyue":

I have no idea how official this is (if its in collab with Mihoyo?), just that it does even use melody bits from the Liyue music.

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
There recently have been several music videos on Bilibili of Chinese Genshin voice actors singing original Genshin themed songs. This is also one of those. It is sung by Venti's Chinese VA and is called "Liyue":

I have no idea how official this is (if its in collab with Mihoyo?), just that it does even use melody bits from the Liyue music.

Uh. I see the Biden Inauguration. :ambersweats:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

You linked the wrong video but that one is probably better anyways :D

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, I think it linked to a video on each of you guys' playlist, lol. (Now we know what you guys watched...)
This is the right link:

Just reestablishing Kaeya's criminality and associations with domestic terror organizations.

We'll have no Kaeya slander here! D:
What I found interesting to know is that Nimrod of Mondstadt, the alcoholic with the shopaholic wife, is a member of the treasure hunters! O:

Last edited:

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I wonder when they're gonna raise the progression requirements for some events. Like if they do this next year, then I hope they make it so you have to finish the main Liyue quest so we can use characters from the area.

Kierric

Teyvat Traveler
May 3, 2020
Mihoyo laying the groundwork for his later story significance and five-star upgrade down the road, I just know it! And what a glorious day that will be!

It may well be wishful thinking, but I firmly believe he will be important later on. Very few characters seem to have as much mystique in their backstory as him. I BELIEVE

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Oh I've just noticed Kaeya's nasty, weird-ass dreadlock. That is rough. Uh... so skanky.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Mihoyo laying the groundwork for his later story significance and five-star upgrade down the road, I just know it! And what a glorious day that will be!

It may well be wishful thinking, but I firmly believe he will be important later on. Very few characters seem to have as much mystique in their backstory as him. I BELIEVE

NegativeSparklingAidi-size_restricted.gif

Kaeya always had this...5 star, no, 6 star energy! :)

Oh I've just noticed Kaeya's nasty, weird-ass dreadlock. That is rough.

Lol, what?

empo

Jan 27, 2018
GBTFITB.png

I think this exact thing happened with some other link a while back? always laugh at it

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like my illumiscreen quest is bugged. with the exploding barrels, I did it, I got the chest, but it won't count as a completion :(

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I just try to get by with the events and battle pass for xp and mora. So far it's been fine. Will only use leylnes when the 2x reward event starts.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
To anyone buying the Welkin Pass, are you guys saving your paid currency in the hopes that they add ways to spend them in the future (i.e., cosmetic outfits, guaranteed 5* banners, etc.), instead of converting them straight to primogems? I have been, just in-case they release some summer-themed stuff, but I'm not sure how common they are with that kind of things in their other games.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To anyone buying the Welkin Pass, are you guys saving your paid currency in the hopes that they add ways to spend them in the future (i.e., cosmetic outfits, guaranteed 5* banners, etc.), instead of converting them straight to primogems? I have been, just in-case they release some summer-themed stuff, but I'm not sure how common they are with that kind of things in their other games.

Basically yeah. I've converted a few to primo gems when I was close to pity and needed just a little more, but otherwise I'm in no rush to spend them. The current uses just seem like a waste, so I'll let them build and just see.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017

I don't convert them because I like seeing big numbers lol. Also I'm less likely to just roll for some reason with it like that.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Don't really see the point in converting them to primos manually when you can just do it while you're pulling

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Venti question. Damage wise if it better to keep going 4 Piece Viridescent for the swirl bonus when you use his ult or would 2 piece Viridescent 2 piece Noblesse/Glad be better if you're just going damage?

Decided Venti is going to be my next investment as I have a Skyward Harp to go with him and that apparently lets him do stupid damage. Does Harp's passive only work when he's on the field or will it work if he's off too?

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Venti question. Damage wise if it better to keep going 4 Piece Viridescent for the swirl bonus when you use his ult or would 2 piece Viridescent 2 piece Noblesse/Glad be better if you're just going damage?

Decided Venti is going to be my next investment as I have a Skyward Harp to go with him and that apparently lets him do stupid damage. Does Harp's passive only work when he's on the field or will it work if he's off too?
It depends on your substats. If you can get a 4 piece viridescent with great substats, then that's probably the way to go, as long as your main carry is benefiting from the resistance shred that is. If a 2 piece viridescent gives you much better substats, then it's definitely preferable to run that since his damage scales so high with enough investment.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Basically yeah. I've converted a few to primo gems when I was close to pity and needed just a little more, but otherwise I'm in no rush to spend them. The current uses just seem like a waste, so I'll let them build and just see.
Yeah, it's nice that they don't expire so you can just let em' sit there until you need them for something.

I really hope for some alternate outfits though, it'd be nice to switch things up a bit when exploring the world. Hell, give me vehicles!

I don't convert them because I like seeing big numbers lol. Also I'm less likely to just roll for some reason with it like that.
I do love seeing that number grow, haha. It's nice knowing that I have a ten-pull or two just sitting there if I get really desperate, but I'll probably be holding onto them for the extended future in-case something exclusive comes along that you can only get with the paid currency (as is typical for gacha games). Of course, if I'm close to pity on Ayaka's banner or something, well...choices will be made.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I've been saving them. Costumes and such will almost definitely not let you use primogems, so might as well save them for that.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
A good morning/afternoon/evening to the people in this thread. I just returned to this game a week or 2 ago after quitting 1-2 weeks into launch and I have a few questions for the longtime players.

1. As a F2P player, is it worth pulling weapon banners or are the 4* weapon you can obtain in-game good enough for the most part?

2. I'm trying to take down the wolf world boss but I kept getting my ass kicked. My current team is:
Xiao (Lvl60), Xinyan (Lvl40), Bennet (Lvl 40), Barbara (Lvl 50)

Apparently, the wolf is immune to anemo damage so I'm kinda shit outta luck at the moment since I hard invested in Xiao as my main DPS. My other characters are:
Ningguang, Diona, Beidou, Razor, Noelle, Chongyun, Xingqiu, Xiangling + the 3 free characters

Which one of the above should I build as a main DPS for bosses that are immune to anemo damage? Rolling for new characters is a no go at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
It depends on your substats. If you can get a 4 piece viridescent with great substats, then that's probably the way to go, as long as your main carry is benefiting from the resistance shred that is. If a 2 piece viridescent gives you much better substats, then it's definitely preferable to run that since his damage scales so high with enough investment.
I've been running Venti as a Xiao support so nah the shred has just been synergizing with other support ults. Suppose you're basically saying they're all even enough that I should just go with which set gives me the best substats so I'll take a look at that.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
A good morning/afternoon/evening to the people in this thread. I just returned to this game a week or 2 ago after quitting 1-2 weeks into launch and I have a few questions for the longtime players.

1. As a F2P player, is it worth pulling weapon banners or are the 4* weapon you can obtain in-game good enough for the most part?

2. I'm trying to take down the wolf world boss but I kept getting my ass kicked. My current team is:
Xiao (Lvl60), Xinyan (Lvl40), Bennet (Lvl 40), Barbara (Lvl 50)

Apparently, the wolf is immune to anemo damage so I'm kinda shit outta luck at the moment since I hard invested in Xiao as my main DPS. My other characters are:
Ningguang, Diona, Beidou, Razor, Noelle, Chongyun, Xingqiu, Xiangling + the 3 free characters

Which one of the above should I build as a main DPS for bosses that are immune to anemo damage? Rolling for new characters is a no go at the moment.

Thanks in advance.
1. Absolutely not worth pulling on the weapon banner as F2P. 4* weapons are good enough to clear all the content, and you'll eventually get some 5* weapons through the standard banner over time.

2. Bennett is also a great dps character if you pair him with chongyun or xingqiu for melt/vaporizes. Xiangling is also a pretty good f2p dps character since she has a great f2p weapon for it with the crescent pike

Gans

Oct 27, 2017

Razor + xinquiu with the crafted greatsword can carry you the whole game honestly, it's really really good, was my main dps all the way for abyss clear for a long long time.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017

Venti does stupid damage because he's Venti. Basically any 4* weapon allows him to do crazy damage, though his BiS 4* is Stringless and BiS 5* is Skyward Harp. As for your question, generally test to see what gives you better damage and go with that. As long as you've got at least 2 VV, you're probably fine.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure who to get for the event when the time comes. I don't really use any of them in my main party except for Chongyun.

Xianling is C0
Xinyan is C1
Beidou is C0
Ningguang is C1
Chongyun is C4
I don't have Xingqui and Barbara is my only hydro character so I was thinking about him.

Ithaca

Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting Xingqui for his crafting bonus alone. I'll hopefully snag Ningguang on the next banner.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
1. Absolutely not worth pulling on the weapon banner as F2P. 4* weapons are good enough to clear all the content, and you'll eventually get some 5* weapons through the standard banner over time.

2. Bennett is also a great dps character if you pair him with chongyun or xingqiu for melt/vaporizes. Xiangling is also a pretty good f2p dps character since she has a great f2p weapon for it with the crescent pike
1. Alright, guess I'll skip on the weapon banners.

2. I already use Bennet in my main party so it may be less resource intensive to build him up. He's currently using this ( https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Lion's_Roar ). Is it good or should I craft one the other 2 swords?

Razor + xinquiu with the crafted greatsword can carry you the whole game honestly, it's really really good, was my main dps all the way for abyss clear for a long long time.
Which greatsword exactly are you referring to? The one that increases your attack or the one with the AOE damage?

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Venti does stupid damage because he's Venti. Basically any 4* weapon allows him to do crazy damage, though his BiS 4* is Stringless and BiS 5* is Skyward Harp. As for your question, generally test to see what gives you better damage and go with that. As long as you've got at least 2 VV, you're probably fine.
Well I'm mostly just thinking for where I should farm for artifacts for him. Like right now I could just let him steal a couple of Bennet's Noblesse pieces and he jumps up to 1600 per crit tick of his ult with more room for investment but don't know if it's optimal to keep farming that set to get him more damage. Probably should just keep farming Noblesse tho because every support needs a couple of pieces of that set at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.