• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
oii4szhf95jfl0ozg.jpg

Genshin Impact is a F2P open world action RPG with co-op multiplayer by Chinese developer Mihoyo, available for PS4, PS5, PC, Android and iOS.
A Switch version has also been announced without a specific date as of yet.

5gjarc260lk2wcizg.jpg

Your main character is the Traveller from a far away world. You choose between the twins Lumine (girl) or Aether (boy). The twin you don't pick will still play a major role in the game's story.

2rj3ckp2q48o6fhzg.jpg

You are joined on your journey by a big number of unique characters. These are all the playable characters that have so far been revealed:

go59m207yhbgmzxzg.jpg
buugp6tw1uobb7ozg.jpg
l5f8kmn2dp6ko7hzg.jpg
8z3hbhlkit3cuqhzg.jpg

hhxgh8scoi88ldczg.jpg
m47zgvr8cuaf1c8zg.jpg
xiy2c4nvdhpvm6czg.jpg
a026tp3hs2merwhzg.jpg

luxyx1o1cxwamwdzg.jpg
evgy2jttiza9maxzg.jpg
zgutdezkd196wjazg.jpg
e2ikad1m0spejmxzg.jpg

mred0p8lqpkpzj1zg.jpg
tvvdger66lr98z4zg.jpg
blh4a98iditgl4bzg.jpg
ml8wuzuuf97zuh4zg.jpg

r84aj05e392twcozg.jpg
4yt7rcmefg2gv3dzg.jpg
yfbefu4qxrhhf02zg.jpg
4n82vle5iaamdi8zg.jpg

s78s3yjt60g1avczg.jpg
jptbjzq3pvuaepyzg.jpg
xtvr3sdk8i6vhn2zg.jpg
lttniwef7gj8jr3zg.jpg

a01oqvhebo4344ozg.jpg
nt18ts233n2caabzg.jpg
t1sy585ceikxoa5zg.jpg
fqtqsg3fktaum32zg.jpg

n1mnumskcwbh8qmzg.jpg
eqwwdbknhwxwrwrzg.jpg
ousq9kzoof5r2s3zg.jpg
d8mn3mitpwlej03zg.jpg

51279053352_cbda86b55f_o.jpg
51279798311_26c8856a54_o.jpg

With the main character and a team of three other party members you make use of elemental powers and their combination to defeat your enemies. Instead of all party members being present on the combat field at once, and part of them being controlled by the AI, you control all of them. With the press of a button you switch instantly from one character to the other, unleashing devastating combos.

LoSRvbL.gif

5w397gz28fuzu1czg.jpg

There are seven unique open world regions to travel to and to freely explore. These are the two regions that have been released so far:

6g77tm6tof3wrvtzg.jpg

th2lux2xh9mnmp4zg.jpg

Exploration and traversal is closely inspired by Breath of the Wild. You will run, swim, climb and glide to every nook and cranny of the game world to discover enemy camps, hidden treasures, puzzles, dungeons, bosses and more.

51142597882_275cc388b5_o.gif

2ns46mtg48chbbxzg.jpg

Genshin Impact is a story driven game. Apart from an extensive main story, many character and world quests bring the world, lore and characters to life. The story is told in many hours of high quality and fully voiced (in English, Japanese, Chinese and Korean) dialogue scenes and cutscenes.

l2jrezywfa24w3yzg.jpg

Everything is accompanied by a beautiful OST by the composer Yu-Peng Chen and by Western and Eastern producers and orchestras that also brought us the film and game OSTs of The Lord of the Rings triology, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, God of War (2018) and Final Fantasy XV.

vanyvmo8sz117cvzg.jpg

On what platforms does this release?
Genshin Impact releases on PS4, PC, Android and iOS. A Switch version has also been announced without a specific date as of yet.

Is this an MMO?
No, this is a single-player focused experience with co-op multiplayer to invite a couple of friends over to your game world.

Do I need to be online all the time?
Yes, you will need to stay in constant contact with Mihoyo's servers.

Does this feature cross play?
Yes, it does feature cross play on all platforms.

Does this feature cross save?
PC, Android and iOS saves are compatible, PS4 saves are not compatible with other platforms.

Is this really F2P? It looks too good to be true.
Yes, it is F2P. Crazy, right?

How is this monetized?
The game is monetized by a character and weapon gacha system.

Hah, I knew it! Will playing this game in the long run cost me an arm and a leg?
No, it is very F2P friendly. The gacha system can be mostly ignored, but even by just playing the game you will earn currency to get into some gacha action to with a bit of luck pull some of the additional characters.

How does the gacha exactly work?
Playing the game, or purchasing them with money, you obtain rare currencies called primogems and genesis crystals. You can exchange these currencies in the game shop for acquaint and intertwined fates. Those fates are used to pull characters and weapons, which share the same pool. Characters are a lot rarer than weapons, there is however a piti system in place in case you have very bad luck pulling characters.
It is also noteworthy that not all characters are obtained just by gacha. Some are obtained by playing the story, by completing game events and some can be obtained by purchasing them in the game shop.

Is this a cheap Breath of the Wild rip-off?
No. It's openess, world exploration and traversal are closely inspired by BotW, everything else, like its world, its lore, its story, its characters and its combat system are its very own thing. This game's production value is also anything but cheap.

What exactly are you, Paimon?
NOT EMERGENCY FOOD!!* Paimon just likes tagging along, guiding the Traveller and helping them out as good as she can while being incredibly adorable.

* Genshin Impact community inside joke. ;)

ywmutzwxi9ka5suzg.jpg

GenshinERA Discord:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Genshin Impact official: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en

Genshin Impact Twitter: https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact

Genshin Impact Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/GenshinImpact

Genshin Impact Photography Thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/genshin-impact-photo-thread.299003/

Thanks to DatManOvaDer and Dlanor A. Knox for their great gif work. :)
Thanks to MoonlitBow for coming up with the cool topic title. :)
Thanks to ArcticDonkey for coming up with the note on gacha for newcomers. :)

9mifv83xlmg21cjzg.jpg

Genshin Impact is an incredibly fun and rewarding game and is very FTP friendly. All content can be cleared with starting characters and some of the strongest characters are 4*.

It should be noted that the cost of pulling is very high and rates are incredibly low of pulling a 5* character outside of pity. If you're really enjoying the game and don't mind dropping a few bucks, it's generally advised to stick to the $5 Welkin pass or the $10 battle pass.

It can be very tempting to drop money on pulls when posters show off their shiny double off pity 5* pulls, but please be aware that these pulls are extremely rare. Spending real money to chase the hot, new banner character will lead to very real disappointment if they are not in your pity range.

There is no issue spending within your means as long as you're enjoying the game, but be responsible as even spending here and there will really add up over time. If you're considering dropping a large sum of money on pulls for a non-guaranteed 5* here are some general tips:

1) Be prepared to receive nothing for your money. Ask yourself how disappointed you would be.
2) Sleep on it and see if you still want to spend the next day.
3) Set a monthly budget and stick to it.

Now, fun police time over, go do your commissions. :)

Discussion Rules:
Story spoilers or leaked content has to be put in spoiler tags.

Anyone breaking the rules will face the Wrath of the Rock!

Last edited:

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Here we go again
really hope inazuma is coming soon
we should make new thread when inazuma comes
maybe 2.0 or 1.7?

what could be we name the OT?
inazuma 12?

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Ugh, I don't NEED Eula... I've got Hu Tao, I've got Diluc, I've got Ningguang, Razor... I'm not really hurting for the typical "carries"....

but her animations look cool and I love cryo as an element. I'm 0 pulls from Zhongli so it's a long, long shot that I would get her but may as well try once her banner starts, eh?

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Adding the four new charcater portraits to this OT I realized again that it's high time they add another male character. :/

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Still in "probably will but not technically 100% committed" territory when it comes to wishing for Eula. It's going to be a long time before anyone else apparently shows up that I'd have even a similar level of interest in...but at the same time wish currency can be so slow to build if you're not at least paying for Welkin Passes that even if I do go for Eula now, there's a good chance I won't have enough of a stash built up for someone else that comes along even if they don't come for several months still.

On the other hand I'm almost tempted to go for Eula just because I'm otherwise starting to run out of characters I'm really interested in continuing to level and build weapons/artifacts for. When you're not interested in the DPS-check meatgrinder of late Spiral Abyss, there's little reason to end up going all in on more than one or two units.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
but at the same time wish currency can be so slow to build if you're not at least paying for Welkin Passes that even if I do go for Eula now, there's a good chance I won't have enough of a stash built up for someone else that comes along even if they don't come for several months still.
Tell me about it. My pull withdrawal is getting fierce. I get the Welkin but haven't pulled since Xiao's banner and only now do I have enough primos accrued to guarantee the banner character if I lose the 50/50.

The one standard 10 pull I get per patch has been consistently disappointing which at least is keeping my expectations grounded. If I had Keqing, I would use these Lion's Roars but I don't!

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It's free to play and - so far - good players are able to complete the hardest content in the game without having to spend anything.

However, if you plan to play solely on mobile, I think the harder/later content is far too frustrating to play on a touch screen unless you're planning on syncing a controller. Full throated recommendation if you're playing on PC or PS4, so-so recommendation if you're thinking of going mobile only. The PC and mobile versions have cross-save, so there's that.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Fresh OT yeah! ZHONGLI SUXXXXXX!!!!!!!

Wait, ewwww, zhongli in the OT again? BOOOOOORING, I'm out.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Saw that Jinx is taking a mental health break from doing anything on his computer, which, good for him.
Now I need to find someone else to tell me if I should pull for Eula or not

d-psipher

Oct 25, 2017
New topic, new banner. Also...gambled on the weapon banner for memory of dust...got the sword. Lesson learned.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Yay Anemo Crossing won! Happy new OT y'all!

Got 150 rolls saved for Eula. Let's go!!!

okita

Oct 25, 2017
New OT Let's go :)

Have been farming Artifacts for Eula , but damn she won't have anything worth to use when I get her :(

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So someone on reddit reached Trust Rank 8 and confirmed that coin rate takes your maximum adeptal ranking, so no 90 coins per hours. On the positive side, you can reuse furnishings across realm layouts rather than having to craft new stuff to put in the other realms.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Clearly if we want to stay outside hangouts we need to start titling the OTs as 'destiny 2: season of the prop hunt'.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Happy new OT! ^o^ I'm glad Anemo Crossing won!

I'm so close to Trust Rank 7...should get it by tomorrow I think.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Is Klee re-run after this banner? I don't have a great reason to pull on Eula banner or a great reason not too 🤷🏻‍♂️

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
Nothing quite like that new thread smell. Here's to hopefully winning my 7th coin flip on Tuesday.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Hmm. I've saved up around 8k primos since grabbing Zhongli but I think I might hold off on rolling for Eula to save up for the rumored Klee rerun....I'm on my 50/50 though and I've lost the last 2 50/50s with Mona both times 😭

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
New post smell!

I'm ambivalent about Eula but I also have 15k primos and I don't know how long I can sit here just...looking at them...

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. I've saved up around 8k primos since grabbing Zhongli but I think I might hold off on rolling for Eula to save up for the rumored Klee rerun....I'm on my 50/50 though and I've lost the last 2 50/50s with Mona both times 😭
That's rough buddy. I know the struggles. Have C2 Mona right now :/

Status
Not open for further replies.