• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I wish I had one to recommend. I just wanted to say that I definitely misread the thread title the first time as, "Getting a lapdance."

Showing myself out. šŸ¤£

MotherFan

Oct 27, 2017
I have the corsair, it works really well for m/kb. It fits well I my lap, the keyboard works well and is a cherry mechanical. I didn't get the mouse though, went with a razor.

trapt777

Oct 25, 2017
I have the Corsair lapboard and I love it but it is surprisingly heavy which makes it a bit of a pain to move around, especially with one hand if you're also carrying your mouse to the couch etc.

Clipping ths keyboard in and out is a breeze. The keyboard itself is great, no complaints.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Good for youā€¦errr wait, I misread.

I tried going lapdesk while playing Doom Eternal PC on the TV, but had to go back to the monitor.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen one of these since I was a kid and my aunt had one of those TV computer things lol damn memories

Necrokey

Jan 20, 2019
Orlando, Florida
Snag one of these bad boys somewhere out in 2008

phantomlapboard-1.jpg

/s

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not using one but when I was planning to get one then I wanted the Roccat Sova, but it was out of stock. It seemed to be the best - nice and thicc

Amazon.com: ROCCAT SOVA Gaming Lapboard USB Keyboard English Layout - for PC, Xbox One, PS4, LED Light (Blue), Membrane Keys, Built-in Mouse Pad, (Part# ROC-12-151) : Electronics

Amazon.com: ROCCAT SOVA Gaming Lapboard USB Keyboard English Layout - for PC, Xbox One, PS4, LED Light (Blue), Membrane Keys, Built-in Mouse Pad, (Part# ROC-12-151) : Electronics

61-fhBHMwJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
I have the corsair lapboard with k63 wirelless and harpoon rgb wireless, works flawlessly. Playing doom eternal from my bed at 4k 120hz hdr on it sure was an experience.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not using one but when I was planning to get one then I wanted the Rcocat Sova, but it was out of stock. It seemed to be the best - nice and thicc

I've got the membrane version of one of these, they're brilliant. Cable is nice and long, and you can "lock" the mouse into the clip on the back so it won't fall off if it's wired. Comfy too, plenty of padding underneath

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Consider juts getting a plank to sit on your lap. I was looking at lap boards for ages but they always seemed expensive for what they were.

I ended up just using a random old shelf I had lying around.

If you want a cushioned bottom you *might* be able to get a large meal tray thing that can work as well.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
I would recommend you something like the Couchmaster because of additional elbow support and rised design. Myself, I use an ikea shoe rack (grejig) and a hardmat...

Last edited:

Zeus

Oct 27, 2017
I always liked the idea but when i went looking for one of these for Gamestreaming, the idea always fell down for me when it came to reclining.
You can lay down and use a controller on a couch, you cant do that with a keyboard and mouse.
Without that, I may as well just stay at my pc.

I see little point in a lapdesk that requires you to sit bolt upright that I couldn't spend get by spending a lot less money and just getting a breakfast in bed tray.

We all misread the thread title
Also this.

taytwo

Dec 3, 2018
I have the Corsair. It's great IMO don't use it much anymore though. I did use it to sit in my recliner and grind pvp in wow while I watched movies on my tv.

It seemed perfect for what I used it for. Didn't have any issues with it being too heavy or anything. I looked into the razor when I bought the Corsair but the razor seemed too flimsy.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Dont buy the K63 its awful
What makes you say that? I have one and don't have any major complaints.
Sure, I'd prefer a different keyswitch and something other than blue LEDs, but those are minor issues.
Most other lapboards are wired or use notebook/membrane keys.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
I'm not using one but when I was planning to get one then I wanted the Roccat Sova, but it was out of stock. It seemed to be the best - nice and thicc

Unfortunately this is no longer in production, which is a shame. I have one, it's great.

misterb2001

Oct 28, 2017
Had the Roccat Sova, loved it but I dropped and broke it.

Bought the k63 and did not like it for various reasons.

Bought a used Roccat Sova and still love it.

Jul 1, 2020
What makes you say that? I have one and don't have any major complaints.
Sure, I'd prefer a different keyswitch and something other than blue LEDs, but those are minor issues.
Most other lapboards are wired or use notebook/membrane keys.
I have this keyboard and installing the firmware update straight from Corsair through iCUE bricked it. It's fine otherwise, but I don't personally like its tacky legend and would prefer to have blue switches instead of reds.

_bemusedchunk

Banned
Nov 6, 2019
North of Boston
personally, they just aren't for me. i've tried them awhile ago when i went the whole htcp route but couldn't get it right.
recently finally went all in on a legit mechanical keyboard (all previous attempts have been "gaming" ones) and this Keychron K2 is perfect for me.

the small form factor would make it usable on a couch setting.

OP
OP
Clear

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
I wish I had one to recommend. I just wanted to say that I definitely misread the thread title the first time as, "Getting a lapdance."

Showing myself out. šŸ¤£

We all misread the thread title

First off, thanks for making my morning that was amazing to read and I appreciate it greatly.

I own a Roccat Sovaand and while I enjoy it I wanted to go wireless. I'm not savy with wire management(lazy) and when it is 1am or so all I want to do is pack the thing up and go to bed. I don't see anyone backing the razor so I think I will do a bit more research towards the Corsair.

Shot me a PM if interested. I have this at home but as stated I want wireless. We could work a cheap price out.