• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I want to make a graphic novel. I have the story outline halfway written and some designs done. I'm not sure the best way to format my habit-making though. Probably to start I should just make sure I do at least 30 minutes per day and then perhaps more specific habits will become apparent as I progress.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Almost forgot to do it today, couldn't remember if I had already done it or if that was yesterday. Good thing I checked, day 7 done!

OP
OP
Midramble

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Finished my quinceabeara today. Today was rough, so I'm gonna treat myself to some fruit later. I'm thinking ichigo.

Congrats, are you having to split sets now?

Alternating is something new I'm trying, since previously I tried to do both, felt conscious about how much of my day that would take up and ended up procrastinating instead. But I do want to get better at both, rather than dropping one, so I'm going to try alternating days so I only have to focus on one at a time and hopefully that helps.

Self teaching piano mostly. I have a membership to Skoove for their tutorials, plus a bunch of midi in Synthesia to play along to. Did some of the basic lessons already and now its getting into hand independence which is a real hill to climb.

For excercise I have RingFit, some dumbells and a bench set.

Day 1 - RingFit 15:42 (active time), 3x5 benchpress

Seems like you have it pretty specific so should be doable. Congrats on the good start. Gotcha on the board.

I want to make a graphic novel. I have the story outline halfway written and some designs done. I'm not sure the best way to format my habit-making though. Probably to start I should just make sure I do at least 30 minutes per day and then perhaps more specific habits will become apparent as I progress.

For game dev that's what I do as it gives me a bit more freedom to choose between works parts that I have more motivation for. Setting and blocking out the time to work on that project as a whole would be a good fit. That said, when you sit down to do the work it would be good to set a specific goal of what you want to accomplish for that session. Either way you can start at 30 minutes and adjust the daily goal based on what is more sustainable. Gotcha on the board for a day zero.

Almost forgot to do it today, couldn't remember if I had already done it or if that was yesterday. Good thing I checked, day 7 done!

Congrats! Your back to your record. Time to break it tomorrow! how's the balance coming along?

As for myself, Day 16 of game dev. Finished a good chunk of the logic update code. One more asset and I can add meshes. Finally almost done with a large phase of the project. That said, since my final day of my apartment move is tomorrow, all the package moving has been making this week harder and harder on top of full time work but hopefully pounding this out will be a bit easier come Thursday.

Now for checkups (though I'm late for NA... I have failed the team.) Anustart ZackieChan Pookmunki where we at?

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Midramble
Had a stumble on Monday - was at the doctor and dentist all day, then meeting with clients. Hit the walking goal, but no language learning or marketing. Back on track Wednesday.

Mar 30, 2019
Congrats, are you having to split sets now?

Not yet. I want to solidify the set-of-20 sub-habit first. Then when I get to the third set of ten I just treat them like during my first 20 days of growth. That way I can mentally Groundhog Day myself to psyche myself out.

I've been feeling it though. I'm adjusting well today for Day 16. But I am yawning and wanting to take naps later in the afternoon. Once I stabilize again, maybe I will try out diamond cutter style.

Last edited:

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For game dev that's what I do as it gives me a bit more freedom to choose between works parts that I have more motivation for. Setting and blocking out the time to work on that project as a whole would be a good fit. That said, when you sit down to do the work it would be good to set a specific goal of what you want to accomplish for that session. Either way you can start at 30 minutes and adjust the daily goal based on what is more sustainable. Gotcha on the board for a day zero.
You got it. I completed 1 hour of writing this morning. Today I focused on writing ideas about the location of part of the story.

I'm going to try to keep doing 30-60 of graphic novel progress each morning before work. Anything I do after work is bonus.

EDIT: Actually I will go into more detail about project progress.

Description: A graphic novel and epic poem. All text in the book, including dialogue and descriptions, is in the form of an ongoing poem. The story follows creatures and deities as they seek to find their place in a new civilization which is forming on the unstable atmosphere of Jupiter. This story is an allegory and self-reflection on some of my own struggles and moments of clarity.

Requirements:

Detailed Outline of Story
Design of all Characters
Complete Final Prose
Create Procedural Environments (this will be done in Blender and Photoshop. Will require following some tutorials to learn more about Blender)
Rough layout of all pages
Final layout of all pages
Figure Out Publishing Stuff

Last edited:

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Missed posting last night but rest from gym and ringfit, did 30 an wheel roll outs, day 15!

OP
OP
Midramble

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Midramble
Had a stumble on Monday - was at the doctor and dentist all day, then meeting with clients. Hit the walking goal, but no language learning or marketing. Back on track Wednesday.

Headspace still going strong? Seems like you're juggling a lot of new stuff at once? That trippin ya up?

Not yet. I want to solidify the set-of-20 sub-habit first. Then when I get to the third set of ten I just treat them like during my first 20 days of growth. That way I can mentally Groundhog Day myself to psyche myself out.

I've been feeling it though. I'm adjusting well today for Day 16. But I am yawning and wanting to take naps later in the afternoon. Once I stabilize again, maybe I will try out diamond cutter style.

That's a smart move. The moment it becomes mindless is the moment it becomes effortless haha.

You got it. I completed 1 hour of writing this morning. Today I focused on writing ideas about the location of part of the story.

I'm going to try to keep doing 30-60 of graphic novel progress each morning before work. Anything I do after work is bonus.

EDIT: Actually I will go into more detail about project progress.

Description: A graphic novel and epic poem. All text in the book, including dialogue and descriptions, is in the form of an ongoing poem. The story follows creatures and deities as they seek to find their place in a new civilization which is forming on the unstable atmosphere of Jupiter. This story is an allegory and self-reflection on some of my own struggles and moments of clarity.

Requirements:

Detailed Outline of Story
Design of all Characters
Complete Final Prose
Create Procedural Environments (this will be done in Blender and Photoshop. Will require following some tutorials to learn more about Blender)
Rough layout of all pages
Final layout of all pages
Figure Out Publishing Stuff

That sounds pretty awesome and gives you a lot of wiggle room for filling that space. Personally a full hour can be a bit ambitious as it sometimes can be to big if you end up leaving it to the end of the day (best strat is to do it early as possible at a specified alerted time haha) but if you don't start feelin burnt out a week in, more power to you.

Missed posting last night but rest from gym and ringfit, did 30 an wheel roll outs, day 15!

We'll it's all on the honor system so it's on the board haha. Yesterday was rest for 15 and today is 16 with the wheel? (either way welcome to the bonus half month) Rest days should count as well as it's part of the routine.

Qwark it's 8 PM PST, where's that handstand? Gotta beat that PB. Today's the day!

As for myself, Day 17 of game dev. Completed the first phase of code. Minimal inter object logic complete, sorting complete, bounding volumes complete. Critical bugs fixed. WIP cylinder and cube meshes moving and whatnot. Now I finally get to do some modeling for the next chunk of game dev. May actually start posting gifs.

PBalfredo and Pookmunki where we at today?

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Headspace still going strong? Seems like you're juggling a lot of new stuff at once? That trippin ya up?

That's a smart move. The moment it becomes mindless is the moment it becomes effortless haha.

That sounds pretty awesome and gives you a lot of wiggle room for filling that space. Personally a full hour can be a bit ambitious as it sometimes can be to big if you end up leaving it to the end of the day (best strat is to do it early as possible at a specified alerted time haha) but if you don't start feelin burnt out a week in, more power to you.

We'll it's all on the honor system so it's on the board haha. Yesterday was rest for 15 and today is 16 with the wheel? (either way welcome to the bonus half month) Rest days should count as well as it's part of the routine.

Qwark it's 8 PM PST, where's that handstand? Gotta beat that PB. Today's the day!

As for myself, Day 17 of game dev. Completed the first phase of code. Minimal inter object logic complete, sorting complete, bounding volumes complete. Critical bugs fixed. WIP cylinder and cube meshes moving and whatnot. Now I finally get to do some modeling for the next chunk of game dev. May actually start posting gifs.

Just did it! Thanks for the reminder, day 8!

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017

Yesterday was rest from gym and doing a wheel, hammered out another wheel session today as well for the 16.

Took 3 days off the gym because my legs were getting hammered from the running and weren't healing. So hoping tomorrow when I run all is well again :3

Mar 30, 2019
Day 17 done. Feeling stronger today. Yesterday I was ruminating while watching the birds, but today just surfing my android for parks to practice my ranger pose. Maybe tomorrow I'll charge my cell phone to a perfect 100% and GPS somewhere new. I do need some new clothes.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
1mi ran and just left the gym after an hour, let's go. Ringfit coming when I get home. Dragaux fight in world 20

Edit: 20 minutes ringfit, and I was wrong, was world 19 Dragaux.

4 world's left then I'm on to new game+!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Midramble

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Day 2 - 15 min piano practice.
Day 3 - Exercise. 17:05 RingFit, 3x5 bench

Good work, off to a strong start. Half way to the 1 week milestone.

Day 17 done. Feeling stronger today. Yesterday I was ruminating while watching the birds, but today just surfing my android for parks to practice my ranger pose. Maybe tomorrow I'll charge my cell phone to a perfect 100% and GPS somewhere new. I do need some new clothes.

Good work. Few more to the big 20.

1mi ran and just left the gym after an hour, let's go. Ringfit coming when I get home. Dragaux fight in world 20

Edit: 20 minutes ringfit, and I was wrong, was world 19 Dragaux.

4 world's left then I'm on to new game+!

Good work. I gotta admit, all of you are really starting to sell me on the ringfit.

Checking in with day 9!

Powered right through the PB and now 1 wake up away from double digits. How's the balance coming along?

As for myself, got the work done earlier today but just got a pause in work to update the thread. Day 18 of game dev. Finally took a break from code and started working on modeling. 30 minutes of modeling got me the base shapes of the first phase objects. Will do light texture work tomorrow with a couple more assets modeled as well. Then animations.

Servbot24 ZackieChan Pookmunki , where we at today (or yesterday rather)?

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm keeping up with everything except my walking, but I've been going to the gym in my housing development. So maybe I should track steps, but rather physical activity.
I've also been crushing my work To-Do list. I WILL get ahead of things by Monday. Need to do it.

Mar 30, 2019
Day 18 done. Almost forgot my meditation session yesterday since I didn't do my goals back-to-back. The ligaments in my left elbow are "clicking" when I pushup, but zero pain so I don't know what that is about. Maybe it's just due to my lack of routine (till now) with this workout.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Feeling like setting a new best mile today. Let's see what happens.

Edit: pb 6:55 mile and 45 minutes lifting. Ringfit tonight, let's go. Will do 30 or 40 of ringfit I think.

Last edited:

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Day 4 - 20 min piano practice. Playing some snippets at 60% speed to try to get the hang of hand independence

OP
OP
Midramble

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I'm keeping up with everything except my walking, but I've been going to the gym in my housing development. So maybe I should track steps, but rather physical activity.
I've also been crushing my work To-Do list. I WILL get ahead of things by Monday. Need to do it.

Good on the work on the myriad of items. What streak are you on with headspace and the writing? Apologies as I think I've lost count confusing which ones you are tracking here haha. Seems your day to day life is more consistent and organized than me just even managing this thread hahaha.

Yesterday: Fail. Had a very busy day at work plus some freelance work that was due.
Today: Success. Continued writing about story locations in more detail.

Early days to the easiest to reset on as the weight of losing a streak feels smaller. Congrats on the quick bounce back! Short run to a new PB haha.

Day 18 done. Almost forgot my meditation session yesterday since I didn't do my goals back-to-back. The ligaments in my left elbow are "clicking" when I pushup, but zero pain so I don't know what that is about. Maybe it's just due to my lack of routine (till now) with this workout.

Do make sure to not injure yourself though. If all else fails, modified pushups or inserting rest days in between may be a good idea. That said, you've been killing it so far so what do I know hahaha.

Feeling like setting a new best mile today. Let's see what happens.

Edit: pb 6:55 mile and 45 minutes lifting. Ringfit tonight, let's go. Will do 30 or 40 of ringfit I think.

Called it and delivered. Nice run. That's a lot of working out every day. You seem unstoppable so far haha.

Day 4 - 20 min piano practice. Playing some snippets at 60% speed to try to get the hang of hand independence

Great work. Doing real well for an alternating first run. Smart move on the practice. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

It's coming along pretty well, thanks. Did today's with a couple drinks in me (I'm on vacation) and I was still able to do it! Day 10!

Welcome to the double digits! Developing a habit to the point you can do it when you're out and about or hanging with people is a major hurtle. It's one that has beaten me many many times.

As for me, Day 19 of game dev completed just before midnight. Getting way to close to these as the last week I've been moving things from the old apartment to the new, but today was the last day of moving and now its just unpacking so hopefully more updates during the normal hours of the day. Today was a bit more modeling with a good chunk of UV unwrapping and texture painting with a dash of engine imports. Tomorrow will be more of the same with possibly a small chunk of animation thrown in.

Now for the daily check-in Pookmunki how we doin? Coming back to the grind?

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good on the work on the myriad of items. What streak are you on with headspace and the writing? Apologies as I think I've lost count confusing which ones you are tracking here haha. Seems your day to day life is more consistent and organized than me just even managing this thread hahaha.
Headspace is at 43 day streak, writing/marketing stuff only 5 days now. Missed Monday.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Checking off a day of graphic novel writing. Continued writing for locations and lore. I'm thinking I'm around 50% done writing the story outline.

Mar 30, 2019
Do make sure to not injure yourself though. If all else fails, modified pushups or inserting rest days in between may be a good idea. That said, you've been killing it so far so what do I know hahaha.

Thanks. No issues today for Day 19. I'm rounding the corner for another milestone, yet couldn't resist figuring out how many pushups I have left. Just to see how much effort I would need to expend.

My cumulative total, should I succeed, will be 5,050 pushups just from the habit challenge. I'm now sitting at 190 cumulative, which is about 3.7% finished lol. The percentage thresholds of 25%, 50%, and 75% completion will be around days 51, 71, and 87 respectively.

So my self-challenge has some thicc buns. I fully intend to leave an outline of my paw print in its keister with the explosive power of my arm cannons.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Day 5 - Exercise. 15min RingFit. 3x5 bench.

The day before I slept funny and got a sore neck, so today was just focusing on yoga and flexibly exercises in RingFit

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Stayed away from them gym today my hand is messed up some how, squeezed in 30 on ringfit though.

OP
OP
Midramble

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Headspace is at 43 day streak, writing/marketing stuff only 5 days now. Missed Monday.

Absolutely killing it with the headspace and only 2 away from a week of writing. Do you feel the headspace stuff gets you grounded before writing work?

Checking off a day of graphic novel writing. Continued writing for locations and lore. I'm thinking I'm around 50% done writing the story outline.

Sounds like a great round of composting. You're already 50% through an outline?! See any hurtles coming up on the weekday?

Thanks. No issues today for Day 19. I'm rounding the corner for another milestone, yet couldn't resist figuring out how many pushups I have left. Just to see how much effort I would need to expend.

My cumulative total, should I succeed, will be 5,050 pushups just from the habit challenge. I'm now sitting at 190 cumulative, which is about 3.7% finished lol. The percentage thresholds of 25%, 50%, and 75% completion will be around days 51, 71, and 87 respectively.

So my self-challenge has some thicc buns. I fully intend to leave an outline of my paw print in its keister with the explosive power of my arm cannons.

I'll keep those thresholds in mind haha. Means you'll be pounding out major milestones in the back half it seems. Still congrats on being 1 wake up away from the big 20. (then another from week 3 haha)

Day 5 - Exercise. 15min RingFit. 3x5 bench.

The day before I slept funny and got a sore neck, so today was just focusing on yoga and flexibly exercises in RingFit

yoga can be pretty good core strength as well. Good call on keeping in tune with injury. Gaps in training from injury can really demotivate and derail a life change. 1 day and a wake up away from that first 1 week milestone.

Seems like this run is going great, especially if a hangover doesn't stop you from going through with it haha. Also looks like you've been real consistent on getting it knocked out early which seems to be helping. 2 days and a wake up until the next milestone of 2 weeks.

Stayed away from them gym today my hand is messed up some how, squeezed in 30 on ringfit though.

Good work. Don't burn yourself out, anus. You've come so far and you've gotten so many results. Still, killer work on keeping it going this long.

As for me, Day 20 (big two zero) of game dev. Barely scraped across the finish line again today. This is super dangerous territory. In the past (recorded through journaling) nearly all my streak breaks have been preceded by either a rough patch of work or life which leads to a spiraling string of late entries and then eventually a break in the streak. Right now I'm at that threshold that normally breaks me. The starting rough patch was 3 days straight of 4 hours of sleep and 14 hours each day of moving on top of an already busy work season. That got me delayed on other tasks which gets me down further making me drag my feet on this new habit (quicksand). It almost pushed me out today. That said, I still got it done by the skin of my teeth. To recover (which I've never done this close to a break) gonna try to get my routine done early with the wife tomorrow and see if I can knock this out with heavy momentum to carry back up the hill. Gonna leave my project open so that I can get to it quickly. Got some more texture work done and unity imports. Tomorrow will be more of the same with a possible splash of animation.

Now for the checkups, Pookmunki, how we doin?

Mar 30, 2019
Whew...made it to the big two-oh, here we go. Nothing much else to add except wishing the rest of the thread congratulations as well. Y'all are doing great, keep it up!

OP
OP
Midramble

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
50% done only because I had been inconsistently working on it the last year. :) With consistent work hopefully it will go much faster.

Did my writing for today!

Consistency IS key. At least that's generally what at least Neil Gaiman says haha. Half way to that 1 week milestone

Whew...made it to the big two-oh, here we go. Nothing much else to add except wishing the rest of the thread congratulations as well. Y'all are doing great, keep it up!

Once you get to 100 you going to start doing the One Punch Man workout? Also one more wake up to the 3 week milestone.

Day 6 - 20 min piano. Increased the playback to 70% speed

Nice! That's some quick progress. One more wake up with working out and you're at the 1 week milestone. Nice achievement to get on the first run.

As for myself, Day 21 complete (the 3 week milestone). 30 minutes of fixing some meshes and making the unity import more consistent. Fixed a little bit of UI alignment and got item place down and looking good. Lighting still rough and not much of a scene, but felt really good to see pieces going down. As a reward for the 3 week milestone I think I'll do some background scene modeling tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually that's a good thing to put out there right now, don't forget to reward yourself for hitting milestones. Even if the positive reinforcement is small it still helps in pushing forward. Always reward your good actions to get that Pavlovian momentum.

Now for the daily check-ins (though early). How we doin Anustart , ZackieChan , Pookmunki , and Qwark?

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Writing done for today! Really was not in the mood but I pushed through and ended up making a story connection I'd been struggling with.

Also downloaded the Streaks app to see if I like using it.

OP
OP
Midramble

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Writing done for today! Really was not in the mood but I pushed through and ended up making a story connection I'd been struggling with.

Also downloaded the Streaks app to see if I like using it.

Nice work! Was worried the site break was going to hurt people's streaks.

On that note, Qwark Anustart ZackieChan and Pookmunki, did we get through yesterday despite the site drop?

Mar 30, 2019
Well, that was interesting.

Reporting in for another day demolished. Midramble, I certainly hope that I can do 100 pushups EVERY-SINGLE-DAY. I do seem to be adjusting nicely so far. No more yawning and more energy too. Hopefully it's a smooth ramp up when I push myself. I hope there isn't any detrimental side effects.
Screen%2BShot%2B2016-08-11%2Bat%2B3.14.41%2BPM.png

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Nice work! Was worried the site break was going to hurt people's streaks.

On that note, Qwark Anustart ZackieChan and Pookmunki, did we get through yesterday despite the site drop?

Yep yep. No lifting still as my hand is not getting better but did run yesterday and ringfit. And knocked out my mile for today just now and will ringfit after work :( I took 3 months off and today is my first day back in the (home) office :(

OP
OP
Midramble

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Well, that was interesting.

Reporting in for another day demolished. Midramble, I certainly hope that I can do 100 pushups EVERY-SINGLE-DAY. I do seem to be adjusting nicely so far. No more yawning and more energy too. Hopefully it's a smooth ramp up when I push myself. I hope there isn't any detrimental side effects.
Screen%2BShot%2B2016-08-11%2Bat%2B3.14.41%2BPM.png

Hair vs strongest in the world, which would you choose?

Congrats on the 3 weeks!

Yep yep. No lifting still as my hand is not getting better but did run yesterday and ringfit. And knocked out my mile for today just now and will ringfit after work :( I took 3 months off and today is my first day back in the (home) office :(

Sounds like a rough day, but good work on keepin through it. Do you use lifting gloves?

Yep! Tried to post about it, but you know. Already did today's so day 12 and day 13 are done!

Welcome to the dirty dozen! One more wake up and you're at the 2 week milestone basically doubling your last PB.

Day 7 - Exercise. 12:07 Ring Fit. Bench 1x10, 2x5

Great work hitting that 1 week milestone.

As for myself, Day 22 of game dev. Got it done earlier but work and errands pushed back my reporting. Added some more 3d assets, imported, improved the import pipeline, and fixed some UI issues. May sneak in a bit of code tonight. Want to work more on environment assets tomorrow.

Now for the checkups (though again late...) ZackieChan Pookmunki , where we at?

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Midramble
Staying strong! Still on track with the important ones (mediation, marketing activities). Doing some cool stuff with Zapier to help collect newsletter stuff, measure client interactions, and I set up a new newsletter to go out this week and wrote the next one. Seems this habit stuff is working!

Mar 30, 2019
Hair vs strongest in the world, which would you choose?

Congrats on the 3 weeks!
Well...that is quite a catch-22...
However. ¿Por que no los dos? I guess I'm cool with being the world's strongest if I had to choose. Esto es el fin, grande Midramble.

Maybe I'll become a hat person while I'm at it. I did start splitting my sets now btw.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Day 8 - Piano 15 min. Got up to practicing my little snippet at 90% speed now

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Busted out my mile early today at 9am, still no lifting :(

Might be carpal tunnel? Forearm hurts, thumb is excruciatng and arm was tingling a few days ago. :(

OP
OP
Midramble

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Midramble
Staying strong! Still on track with the important ones (mediation, marketing activities). Doing some cool stuff with Zapier to help collect newsletter stuff, measure client interactions, and I set up a new newsletter to go out this week and wrote the next one. Seems this habit stuff is working!

Not gonna like, looks like your run has some promising financial incentive there.

Well...that is quite a catch-22...
However. ¿Por que no los dos? I guess I'm cool with being the world's strongest if I had to choose. Esto es el fin, grande Midramble.

Maybe I'll become a hat person while I'm at it. I did start splitting my sets now btw.

Saitama was proud and never wore a hat. Congrats on the deuces.

Day 8 - Piano 15 min. Got up to practicing my little snippet at 90% speed now

Good work. Almost to the first song milestone.

Day 14, woo! Getting easier, now trying to hold it for longer.

2 weeks down. Already double your first PB. Congrats.

Busted out my mile early today at 9am, still no lifting :(

Might be carpal tunnel? Forearm hurts, thumb is excruciatng and arm was tingling a few days ago. :(

That's the way to do it! That arm does sound bad though. Good on you for still getting fitness done while recovering other parts of your body.

As for myself, Day 23 of game dev. A couple more assets and a bit more inter object logic. Created a bit of tech debt that will need to be resolved in tomorrows session. Still pushed it super late (due to work) hopefully can get back to reasonable times tomorrow.

Now for the daily checkups. Pookmunki and Servbot24 , how we doin?

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Done yesterday and done today. I'm not sure how much remains on the outline, but I can track 90% of the hero's steps at this point.

As for myself, Day 23 of game dev. A couple more assets and a bit more inter object logic. Created a bit of tech debt that will need to be resolved in tomorrows session. Still pushed it super late (due to work) hopefully can get back to reasonable times tomorrow.
You may have mentioned this already but what type of game are you making?

Mar 30, 2019
Saitama was proud and never wore a hat. Congrats on the deuces.
Thanks and good point. No bald shaming from me. Some self-conscious habits are hard to break.

Finished with Day 23 and would make an X-men pun, but I'm not comic savvy enough.

Edit: I forgot to meditate yesterday so I'm resetting that one today. :/

Last edited:

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Goal was 6:45 mile today which would have been 10 second improvement.

Could only manage a 6:50 but I'll take it!