• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Thank God

Now just give me an LG app for Shudder, and I'm set.

Been waiting on a Shudder app for a while... I watch Shudder a LOT and have just been using my phone and Chromecast for years but a TV app would be so nice. Not sure it's a priority though because they have had a PS4 app "in the works" for over two years lol.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Of course this happened after I finally broke down and bought an Apple TV specifically to combat this.
Eh, it's still good to have. For instance, Paramount + does not support 4K/HDR through the LG app. Apple TV 4K(5th gen) is one of only four devices that will output that app for shows/movies that support 4K.

So lame. Paramount needs to get their shit together.

Kodiak33

Oct 30, 2017
Not sure if you guys have had the same issue, but I've had the buffering icon show up every 20 seconds or so when trying this last night on my E8.

One of the three loading dots would come up every so often...has anyone else seen this?

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
Now can they fix their shit ass wifi card in their tvs? Love spending $4k and having the wifi fail and needing to do resets.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Now can they fix their shit ass wifi card in their tvs? Love spending $4k and having the wifi fail and needing to do resets.

Worst part about owning a LG right here, never connects on startup for me but as soon as I go to the network settings option it magically finds my wifi network.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Thank goodness. I hate having to access it via Amazon fire TV. Hopefully they improve the shitty UI.

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
Worst part about owning a LG right here, never connects on startup for me but as soon as I go to the network settings option it magically finds my wifi network.
It's crazy how this is barely discussed. Like,not that many people can be hard wiring their ethernet to their tv.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I actually like the Apple TV interface better, and no longer dealing with creeping ads from LG is another benefit. Also recently hooked up 2 Homepods in stereo mode with eARC enabled and it's a pretty nice sound upgrade for my bedroom setup.

Yeah the Apple TV UI is much easier to use when bouncing between apps, that's the only reason I'm thinking of still using it

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if you guys have had the same issue, but I've had the buffering icon show up every 20 seconds or so when trying this last night on my E8.

One of the three loading dots would come up every so often...has anyone else seen this?
Did you find a fix, same is happening on my C8. It's hardwired in to the internet, so speed shouldn't be an issue here

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Is Atmos working for anyone? Space Jam says it supports it but it doesn't trigger when I watch. I switched over to The Witcher on Netflix and Atmos worked just fine.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
I have an older 4k LG TV, and it only has Netflix and Prime Video (and a crappy youtube app). I have to use a digital TV box to get the apps I want on this thing.
Web OS is such a failure. They bought this OS off HP, didn't they?

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh I have a 2017 OLED so no native app for me....Come on LG TV's are a long term purchase, especially when they are as expensive as this!! Support your products.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
akihiko-ive-been-waiting-for-this.png

breander

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately I get a lot of buffering on 4k dolby vision videos. I watched the snider cut and it was constantly jumping between hd and 4k. Hopefully they can clear it up soon.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
And of course, like Apple TV, it's not available on my LG C7.

As much as I like my LG OLED I doubt I'll go with them in the future. The lack of support on even their "flagship" line is pathetic.

Sucks that B7 is not supported. I'm not going to buy a new TV every 4 years.

Stupidly checked if it was available on my C7 model. Figures. Firestick 4K with the buggy app, you're still vital.

The lack of hbo max and Apple + on the b7 is a real fucker

Ugh I have a 2017 OLED so no native app for me....Come on LG TV's are a long term purchase, especially when they are as expensive as this!! Support your products.

Someone posted this over on AVS forum:

"Quick update on the HBO Max issue... the rumors are true. On a US B7, I can verify that if you switch your region to Mexico, restart the TV, then go to the LG App Store, you can download the HBO Max app. Then you can switch your region back to USA, and the app still stays in your app tray! Was able to log in and watch movies.

Just goes to prove that there's nothing from a hardware deficiency standpoint that is stopping this TV from "handling" HBO Max... just some decision to get people to buy new TVs.

Since it's running off my LG and not the Chromecast, there's no delay on my Sonos Arc soundbar. Although admittedly, the LG HBO Max app does not seem to handle Dolby Vision or Dolby Atmos, even though I see the logo "advertised" in some of the movie artwork in the menus. Can confirm it's doing HDR with Dolby Digital Plus. THey'll probably fix that in future updates, but I'm guessing I'll need to "switch back to Mexico" to update the app (and probably discover they closed this loophole...)"

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017

"Quick update on the HBO Max issue... the rumors are true. On a US B7, I can verify that if you switch your region to Mexico, restart the TV, then go to the LG App Store, you can download the HBO Max app. Then you can switch your region back to USA, and the app still stays in your app tray! Was able to log in and watch movies.

Just goes to prove that there's nothing from a hardware deficiency standpoint that is stopping this TV from "handling" HBO Max... just some decision to get people to buy new TVs.

Since it's running off my LG and not the Chromecast, there's no delay on my Sonos Arc soundbar. Although admittedly, the LG HBO Max app does not seem to handle Dolby Vision or Dolby Atmos, even though I see the logo "advertised" in some of the movie artwork in the menus. Can confirm it's doing HDR with Dolby Digital Plus. THey'll probably fix that in future updates, but I'm guessing I'll need to "switch back to Mexico" to update the app (and probably discover they closed this loophole...)"

Interesting. Thanks.

Personally, I'm fine using a firestick 4k for now. Switching to Mexico seems trivial, but I am very lazy. Maybe it'll show up eventually. I did get my hopes up briefly last night when a new update (6.00.20) dropped. But no changes there.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
2017 C7 here, switched to Mexico and downloaded and switched back - activated and HDR worked perfectly.

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017

Thank you for this, I will give it a shot. Does changing regions change interface language? I'd hate to get lost in Spanish LOL

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
i actually find my C8's wi-fi is more reliable than using ethernet, somehow
It's the strangest shit. On my CX ethernet worked perfectly for awhile, but then apps started buffering to the point of unwatchability despite it being just fine when speed tested. I unplugged the ethernet and switched to wifi and suddenly apps work perfectly.

Shinoblee

Oct 28, 2017
Tried the region trick on my B6 and it didn't work. Guess I get to use the crappy phone app Chromecasted for now...

Oct 25, 2017

yup, this worked. Thanks! Fingers crossed that it doesn't get nuked

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
Disconnecting the ethernet cable and using WiFi seems to fix the buffering issue for whatever reason

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
I had no buffering issues when I was watching suicide squad but damn the buffering icon kept showing up like every 30 secs. It was maddening. Def not my internet as it didn't do this on my nvidia shield- but that's an old model w/o Dolby Vision or Atmos