• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KyleH

Oct 27, 2017
NYC

New DLC is coming to HITMAN 3 on 30 March! The Seven Deadly Sins is a 7-part expansion for HITMAN 3 that takes players deep into the mind of Agent 47. Can you resist all seven sins?

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Bullet points:

– HITMAN 3 is getting a new 7-part premium expansion based around the Seven Deadly Sins
– There's 7 content packs in total, each one focused on a different sin
– Each content pack includes a new contract and sin-themed unlockable items
– The first sin is Greed and is the first content pack, Act 1: Greed, will be released on 30 March 2021
– All 7 content packs are available at a discounted rate in the Seven Deadly Sins Collection
– HITMAN 3's live content will be released via Seasons of Sin
– A season can last between 4-6 weeks and each season is focused on a different sin
The Season of Greed in HITMAN 3 starts on 30 March 2021
– There will be regular – and free – content added to the game for all owners

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bullet points:

– HITMAN 3 is getting a new 7-part premium expansion based around the Seven Deadly Sins
– There's 7 content packs in total, each one focused on a different sin
– Each content pack includes a new contract and sin-themed unlockable items
– The first sin is Greed and is the first content pack, Act 1: Greed, will be released on 30 March 2021
– All 7 content packs are available at a discounted rate in the Seven Deadly Sins Collection
– HITMAN 3's live content will be released via Seasons of Sin
– A season can last between 4-6 weeks and each season is focused on a different sin
The Season of Greed in HITMAN 3 starts on 30 March 2021
– There will be regular – and free – content added to the game for all owners

If they're on existing maps and they have to be paid for... Eh. I'd have preferred the 3 maps in the 2 expansion style.

Have to be super cheap

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I love the game but that's a bit too much for me

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
I love Hitman, but I'll wait on reviews to see how substantial this is.

I enjoyed the map reworks they did with Hitman 1 DLC, but this doesn't sound like they'll be doing that?

Feels like this game finally being successful caught them off guard, since they didn't have any major DLC planned post launch.

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
I'm excited for new content, but I feel like this should be included for those that bought the $99 deluxe edition, but the blog post doesn't make any mention of it being included.

The gold edition of Hitman 2 was definitely worth it for the same price, but if this isn't included the deluxe version of 3 was lacking.

Hootie

Dec 25, 2017
This sounds basically like its just new escalations that we have to pay for? Unless they rework the levels like in the first Hitman I don't think this will be worth $30

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, sorry IOI, this isn't what I'm looking for in Hitman DLC. This should have been included in the deluxe edition of the game. If you want me to pay for more Hitman, I want new maps and escalations

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
YES! YEEEEEEEEEES! TAKE MY MONEYYYYYYYY!

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Can these Deluxe-esque Escalations finally reward players with a revolver?

How this type of firearm hasn't returned is baffling.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting we're getting seven missions. I believe dataminers found only four blank level IDs in the games code? Not sure if these sorts of repackaged missions change level IDs or use existing ones. These plus the Easter mission are at least 8 new missions.

Also, if this is canon
I guess this is all a mental experience for 47 just before the final mission? Kinda like how the rain in Hitman Contracts effected every flashback as a mission.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping that the maps will see substantial alterations, similar to the Sapienza missions. For 30$, it can't just be the equivalent of new escalation missions.

In any case, I'm excited for this. More Hitman is always great news.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how much it'll cost

Any reason to get me back into the game is a good thing though

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I want to believe lust will involve a new opportunity for seducing one of the targets. I liked that one in Sapienza a lot

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
Colour me cautiously optimistic on this. I usually prefer my Hitman as grounded as possible, so this all being in his mind will take a bit of convincing, also with it being the same maps as well..

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The trailer seems a bit weird. I'll have to see and hear what it is all about before I get excited for this.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
day one purchase. i have a metric fuck ton of content i still need to beat in this game, but that won't stop me from jumping on this first. never got heavily into hitman 1 or 2 but hitman 3's been the only goty contender for me so far.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah good. I was confused by that post. Anyway im gonna wait to see how substantial this is. 30 bucks for no new levels is a big ask tbh.
If I have to guess, the maps will maybe have light alterations similarly to the Patient Zero campaign from Hitman 2016. At least, I hope lol. If they are selling regular escalation missions for 30$, that would be very disappointing.

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Yeah, sounds rubbish. Loved the game and had a great time playing through 1-3 in the 3 engine but I'm not bothered enough to engage much with the contracts content and I certainly won't pay for new content on the same maps.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah good. I was confused by that post. Anyway im gonna wait to see how substantial this is. 30 bucks for no new levels is a big ask tbh.
They should've revealed a small gameplay demo showing the possible level alterations etc. The price seems to be too much for many people with the information we have. Kinda funny to feature Greed as the first episode if the content is not substantial enough though. But they probably will show more closer to the date.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
If I have to guess, the maps will maybe have light alterations similarly to the Patient Zero campaign from Hitman 2016. At least, I hope lol. If they are selling regular escalation missions for 30$, that would be very disappointing.

They kinda did this with the Deluxe Edition, as it's just escalations with winks to older Hitman games.

If it's another $30 for escalations, I have to wonder why IO's going that route with this game when the previous two titles had paid missions. I think people are more up for spending money for something like Patient Zero or for Hitman 2018's DLC locations, but much less so for reskinned maps as escalations.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
$30 for 7 deluxe escalations is a bit much. One more than the deluxe upgrade which I think was also $30 for 6 escalations. The escalations have been solid so far but I'd rather have new targets on revamped versions of the maps. And Dubai looks like normal in that video.

The game seemed to sell quicker than they expected so maybe they just weren't prepared for larger post release content besides escalations and that easter event. Haven't even been any new elusive targets yet.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Boo.
Thought no Gold Edition at launch meant they wouldn't do any DLC beyond what was offered for the Deluxe Edition. Causing me to pay Gold price for that instead, just because I'm such a Hitmanhead. Now they ARE doing a season pass-ish thing similar-ish to what was included in Gold Editions for previous Hitmans, and it's not included in the Gold-priced Deluxe Edition. I feel bamboozled. Boo.
I'm excited for new content, but I feel like this should be included for those that bought the $99 deluxe edition, but the blog post doesn't make any mention of it being included.

The gold edition of Hitman 2 was definitely worth it for the same price, but if this isn't included the deluxe version of 3 was lacking.
Yeah, boo.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
From IOI's website:

We're excited to announce HITMAN 3: Seven Deadly Sins, a new 7-part premium expansion for HITMAN 3 that takes players deep into the mind of Agent 47.

Featuring new gameplay opportunities, visually distinct contracts and unique sin-themed rewards, HITMAN 3: Seven Deadly Sins will subvert expectations and challenge players to resist each of the seven sins.

HITMAN 3: Seven Deadly Sins will be released over time through seven unique content packs. Each of the seven packs are focused on a different sin and include a visually distinct contract, sin-themed unlockable suit and at least one sin-themed item that can be used across the World of Assassination. Some items may also have unique properties to remind you of the sin they are inspired by…

The first content pack will be available on 30 March and will invite players back to Dubai, where coins are overflowing and new gameplay mechanics will tempt your own personal greed.

The Seven Deadly Sins Announcement Trailer gives you an early look of what to expect from Act 1: Greed later this month:

The focus of Act 1: Greed is a new Escalation called The Greed Enumeration, which allows you to carry certain items over between each of the three stages. Feeling greedy? Prove it!

As well as the new Escalation, Act 1: Greed will also includes the unlockable Rapacious Suit and two sin-themed items; the Greedy Little Coin and The Devil's Cane.

To enjoy the new HITMAN 3: Seven Deadly Sins expansion, players can purchase each content pack individually (priced at $4.99 / £4.99 / €4.99 or regional equivalent).

Alternatively, all seven content packs can be purchased together as part of the Seven Deadly Sins Collection (priced at $29.99 / £29.99 / €29.99 or regional equivalent), which gives players access to all seven content packs as they are released over time at a reduced price compared to purchasing each pack individually.

HITMAN 3: Seasons of Sin

As well as the Seven Deadly Sins Collection, HITMAN 3 owners can continue to enjoy 'live content' that is added to the game at no additional cost. As we've already done in the last two months, players can expect Escalations, Featured Contracts and Elusive Targets to be added to the game regularly – including brand new HITMAN 3 Elusive Targets! Plus, new seasonal events, such as the Berlin Egg Hunt, will also be available for all owners as well as the return of much-loved seasonal events from HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2.

To support our Seven Deadly Sins expansion, we're now releasing our regular content as part of a Season of Sin, instead of a monthly roadmap. This is mostly a change in name, because the Escalations, Featured Contracts and Elusive Targets are still coming thick and fast – and free!

So, instead of the April Roadmap, we're excited to kick-off the the Season of Greed in HITMAN 3 on March 30, which starts the release of new content, both paid (see above) and free for existing owners. A Season of Sin can last anywhere between 4-6 weeks and include Escalations, Featured Contracts and Elusive Targets. The full content roadmap for what's included in the Season of Greed will be released in the first full week of April.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
I adore Hitman but I'm not a huge fan of escalations ... so if that's all these are I'm probably going to pass, sadly.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If it's another $30 for escalations, I have to wonder why IO's going that route with this game when the previous two titles had paid missions. I think people are more up for spending money for something like Patient Zero or for Hitman 2018's DLC locations, but much less so for reskinned maps as escalations.
They should hire Sumo Digital again to make new maps for Hitman 3. They've already made three before: Colorado, Columbia and Isle of Sgail, which each subsequent map being better than the previous one. IOI is probably busy working on the James Bond game, so getting SD to make new maps sound perfect. I would be willing to pay up to 20USD per map, honestly.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Good that the blog post mentions brand new elusive targets coming at least.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'll shell out any amount of money for more content for this game cuz I'm a sucker for Hitman and think it's the bee's knees.

It's a bit expensive at first glance, I must admit however. I would like to see things in motion to get a feel for exactly how much content we're getting.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
sooo....these are basically just escalations...that for some reason are pay to play? no thanks.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Oct 27, 2017
Cool, not only is there DLC after all but it's 7 parts. I'm sure they'll be bite sized expansions but they've had fun DLC for the past games