• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Yeah, I've had this happen with a lot of new coworkers. I guess I have a habit of mentally filling in the missing parts of the face with what would be most attractive. And I have been very wrong.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
This has been happening to me nonstop at work for the past year. The other day I saw a co-worker without their mask and for a split second I wondered who they were.

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah its so weird to see people when they take their masks off to eat. I tripped out my own coworkers cos I grew a big beard and long hair, I looked like Jesus and they didn't expect it lol.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
deadass I've been in situations where I safely take my mask off for a split second just to make sure the person I'm talking to for a extended period of time knows I'm ugly, I ain't setting them up for anything

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Can't relate :( Been working from home all this time and I've seen my coworkers on cam in some meetings.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I've only really had this happen when someone has a lot of facial hair their mask hides well, but that can be jarring.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its crazy how attractive some look with the mask on and as soon as they take the mask off they drop 3 or 4 points.

Jul 18, 2018
Friends were talking about this while they went on dates with people they met in public. Lot of difference of what they imagined they would look like.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We hired many new people at my workplace during the pandemic. Sometimes it would be months before I catch a glimpse of them without their mask for the first time, and they always look different from what I imagined they looked like.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm fairly new at my company got hired during the pandemic so idk wtf some of my coworkers actually look like.

It did honestly freak me out when I saw my boss's real face

ohabs

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I started and completed physical therapy for my shoulder earlier this year and I'll never know what my therapist really looks like.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I don't think I've met even one new person during the pandemic, at least not with mask both on and off.

That said, mask wearing really brings into focus how attractive some people's eyes are, so I definitely see where this is coming from.