• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
And yes, they actually had to license the rights to it.

To be fair I have no kids and have no reason to know anything about Pinkfong.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It has >9 billion views on YouTube. I have no kids but just through osmosis it was plainly evident.

Justin Bailey

BackOnline
Oct 28, 2017
Wait they have to license the jingle? Pinkfong definitely didn't invent that. That song has been around for ages.

Oct 25, 2017
I legit hadn't heard Baby Shark till a couple months after I had watched season 1 and I was all like 'hey, that's the Jamie Tart song!'

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you didn't get the joke as it first happened? Fuck I lost it when that happened and I've been randomly singing it ever since. Especially when my daughter watches the baby shark show. It's incredible they just slotted that in there.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
I got it pretty much instantly and died inside before laughing.
Must say, I much prefer the classic "HE'S HERE. HE'S THERE. HE'S EVERY FUCKING WHERE. ROY KENNNNNNNT. ROY KENNNNNNNNNNNNNT"

aidan

Oct 25, 2017
He's Jamie Fuckin' Tartt. Pinkfong probably had to license the melody from him.

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
It took me several months after watching Ted Lasso season 1 to realize it was the Baby Shark song after hearing it randomly somewhere. I excitedly told my wife the revelation and now we refer to it as the Jamie Tart song.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Woah, my mind is blown. I didn't put them together, but yeah that is the baby shark song

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
littlebitchflkar.gif

(Stolen from the OT)

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, because of kids that was easily recognizable...also because I live in the DC area and when the Nationals went on their playoffs, World Series run that was their theme song...lol.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao yeah as someone who has heard a lot of baby shark, and baby shark variants, over the last couple years it was very recognizable.

Lasso doing Iverson's practice speech was also a fun reference.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
Wait they have to license the jingle? Pinkfong definitely didn't invent that. That song has been around for ages.

Pinkfong did not invent the concept, and other Baby Shark songs have been done, but that specific melody and set of lyrics is their own original work. If you look at the other Baby Shark songs from larger YouTube channels (CoCoMelon and Super Simple Songs are two examples), they use different melodies and lyrics.

Justin Bailey

BackOnline
Oct 28, 2017
Pinkfong did not invent the concept, and other Baby Shark songs have been done, but that specific melody and set of lyrics is their own original work. If you look at the other Baby Shark songs from larger YouTube channels (CoCoMelon and Super Simple Songs are two examples), they use different melodies and lyrics.
The jingle of the words itself is older than YouTube, same as the lyrics. I am talking about just singing "Baby Shark do-do-do-do, etc." The music behind it in the Pinkfong video is theirs, sure.