• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this is being offered on a wide basis or not but just claimed it on my end. Needs a payment method to sign up for the auto renewal.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Was going to make a thread myself. I'm paying $2 a month for hulu right now so this is a steal lmao!

Edit: Terms:
Offer valid in the U.S. only, for Hulu subscribers in good standing who are new to and have not taken a free trial of Uber Eats Pass. $9.99/month or then-current monthly subscription fee after 6 months unless you cancel 48 hours before the end of the promotional period. One per Hulu account. Taxes/service fees apply. Not transferable or redeemable for cash, credit or other value; not combinable with other promotional offers or credit; not valid for resale. Void where prohibited. Offer ends on 1/10/22. Additional terms and restrictions apply.

But I know I have taken a free trial before. Still qualified.

Axis

Dec 9, 2017
I got that email earlier and when I went to redeem the offer it gave me an error.

Tried again after restarting the Uber eats app and it told me that the offer was already redeemed, but I don't have an active pass.

So basically, I got hosed.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I got that email earlier and when I went to redeem the offer it gave me an error.

Tried again after restarting the Uber eats app and it told me that the offer was already redeemed, but I don't have an active pass.

Same shit just happened to me. Irritating as fuck. I knew as soon as I read your post, combined with my luck, it was going to happen and sure enough here I am.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

Did you change phone numbers at some point recently? I got a new phone number some time back, and apparently the person that had my old number had used my number for every food delivery service under the sun. I couldn't get trials for anything.

Do you possibly have multiple accounts? Make sure the account you are signed into matches the email it was sent to.

Just spitballing here. Though, it's probably a bad code or url or something that screwed you over.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Wife got this ā€” thanks for the heads up. The 48 hour early notice is interesting as well. I set a reminder a couple days early to be safe but apparently will move it a day earlier just in case so thanks for posting that as well other person.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Wife got this ā€” thanks for the heads up. The 48 hour early notice is interesting as well. I set a reminder a couple days early to be safe but apparently will move it a day earlier just in case so thanks for posting that as well other person.
It's pretty standard these days, and it's because they don't want people canceling the day before. The reason being is that they usually charge at the exact hour, so people see their subscription ends on say 04/28, but what they don't see is that it ends at 6pm on 04/28. So they think they are good that whole day and then cancel that night, not realizing they were already charged or the charge process is already going through.

I've been there and will always cancel two days before.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
How can you tell if there are any Uber Eats people in your area? We only have one Uber person in my town who no one has heard from in ages and a few Door Dashers. Is there some list or something? Kind of curious to use this, but don't know if it's something that's viable for me

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
How can you tell if there are any Uber Eats people in your area? We only have one Uber person in my town who no one has heard from in ages and a few Door Dashers. Is there some list or something? Kind of curious to use this, but don't know if it's something that's viable for me
go to uber eats and look to see what food is available. If nobody is near by, you won't have any options at all. At least in my experience. I live just a little outside of the city, and one day, apparently nobody was close to me and I couldn't have any food delivered. Usually not a problem.

Same with me but all it did was open the Uber Eats app and I don't see the option to redeem the offer anywhere.
maybe try on a pc? I didn't go through any apps. I just did it all through my browser.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Got it. Had to click the link twice in my email, but it eventually popped up in the app. You can even just turn off auto-renew in settings, so it won't even charge you come March.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017

Called Hulu and they were unable to help as they said the third party is responsible for taking care of promotions. Uber is almost impossible to contact. The Help portion of the app and website gives you advice on what you can do in certain situations but no way to actually speak to anyone. I sent their Uber_Support account a message on Twitter. I do not see it working out but I'm gonna attempt it, will genuinely be pretty pissed if they're unable to accommodate. It feels impossible to get any type of adequate support from big tech companies.

Axis

Dec 9, 2017
Did you change phone numbers at some point recently? I got a new phone number some time back, and apparently the person that had my old number had used my number for every food delivery service under the sun. I couldn't get trials for anything.

Do you possibly have multiple accounts? Make sure the account you are signed into matches the email it was sent to.

Just spitballing here. Though, it's probably a bad code or url or something that screwed you over.

Nope, nothing has changed and I only have one account.

I was actually semi excited about it, because I had food delivered 20 minutes before the email and it would have been cool to have the eats pass to try it out.

Oh well.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
go to uber eats and look to see what food is available. If nobody is near by, you won't have any options at all. At least in my experience. I live just a little outside of the city, and one day, apparently nobody was close to me and I couldn't have any food delivered. Usually not a problem.

All I get is "Coming soon" so yeah lol

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
Got the email too, get Hulu free with Spotify. I don't really use Uber eats but this might change that a bit

EloNoolah

Oct 25, 2017

Literally the exact same thing happened to me. Redeemed the offer at around 1 AM last night, which is apparently some kind of Uber Eats dead zone where not even your account settings are accessible in the app. I assumed that might've been the cause but if you redeemed it even earlier and had the same result it must be something on their end.

Also shot them a report ticket (if you can call it that) this morning and got an absolute dogshit canned response just now telling me that the offer is only available to Hulu subscribers and that I can contact Help.Hulu.com for any questions I might have about my Hulu subscription! šŸ™ƒ

Axis

Dec 9, 2017
Just found this link on Slickdeals that had the deal:

Uber eats pass through Hulu

I went through that link, which reactivated it in the Uber eats app and it worked this time.

Anyone who had the issue I had should try that and see what happens.

I'm in for the six months now.