• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

At first IGN tried to rig the poll by adding Death Stranding after 7000 votes were already cast, without allowing people to change their votes. After that did not work and Death Stranding still reached the first place, they begged people to stop voting for Death Stranding and mocked those who did:

5pum6jS.png

After all their attempts to affect the poll results didnt work IGN took the poll down completely.

link to the specific moderator post:

As you can see in the comments, multiple people are reporting death stranding is leading a poll that cannot be found now so i have to assume this is legitimate and quite baffling move of IGN to trying to affect the results so much and claim that whoever voted for the game was ingenuine.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What? This is wild. The people over at IGN really don't care about their reputation huh?

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh boi. Not a good look at all. What does IGN have against this game? I've seen many vocal haters on this board, but an actual media outlet seems to take the cake.

Sadnarav

Nov 6, 2019
Is IGN's GOTY made by popular choice? If they didn't want Death Stranding to possible win, why did they put in the list?

This is all really strange

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game causes so much salt. Kojima stays winnning it seens.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
It is utterly hilarious to me how many people cannot understand that there are those of us who sincerely like the game and think it's one of the best this year.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Fuck that site.

I voted for RE2 BECAUSE Death Stranding wasn't an option when I voted.

THEN, they decide to add it and I couldn't even change my vote.

NOW they remove it because it's winning?

Fuck that site.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I bet within a few hours both polls are gone, they release a statement with a new poll with all the games. And we probably will not see that mod post again.

TheExecutive

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My GOTY and on my shortlist for GOTG as well. I absolutely hate the smugness of that reply. I find the gameplay loop fantastically fun.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Were these people born today? They had to realize what will happen now, their comment section will be nothing but Death Stranding.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
Imagine being this petty about people liking a video game lmao
What would be their reaction if it wins GOTY at the TGAs

takriel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They need to let this guy go if they want to save what's left of their reputation.

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
eh the votes werent legit anyway as ppl (you know the kinds) were voting for DS just cause, i wouldnt even put it pass it being tampered with. Because when i last saw it barely had any votes

Sep 12, 2018
It's only like my 7th or 8th favorite game of the year but it's funny how incredulous somebody could be at the very idea of people loving it.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
Would love for something extreme to come from this, but all of IGN are so far up their own ass..

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
It is actually blowing my mind as a game right now. What a scummy way for a game journalism website to be. It's ok not to like the game obviously but to assume everyone who does is being disingenuous is so pathetic and blinkered. I'm no die hard MGS fan and Kojima's name means close to nothing to me. The game is an absolute breath of fresh air and the most addictive game I've played in a long time.

Not quite as good as BOTW but a comparable experience to me in the sense that simply walking around the world is more fun than most entire games.

piratethingy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I bet within a few hours both polls are gone, they release a statement with a new poll with all the games. And we probably will not see that mod post again.

Yeah, on the one hand this is so embarrassing. On the other hand people are going to intentionally ignore that this is a rogue forum mod and will be fixed. Outrage is more fun.

adinsx

Oct 30, 2017
Just one more reason for me to never use IGN anymore, it's getting worst and worst each year.
And this is a community vote, why would such a huge amount of people ironically vote on DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.