• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
podcasts.google.com

Google Podcasts

With Google Podcasts, you can find and listen to the world's podcasts for free.

Timestamp 1h01m

Filing this under rumor since it's not a formal announcement. On a recent interview on the music podcast Questlove Supreme, Raphael Saadiq mentions his company is working on Ghostbusters. I looked it up and didn't see anything on the web talking about this, so I wonder if he wasn't supposed to announce it.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
The movie series? There's so many IPs out there that could handle the game treatment. Ghostbusters just feels… I don't know. We had one good one and that's kinda enough.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Knowing their style, I could easily see this is a 4 Ghostbusters Vs 1 ghost style game with mob ghosts around the map.

Could be a lot of fun. Only issue I have is with these games, due to the nature of the team formation, getting into games as the 1 is always too long and annoying. It's why I don't play as the predator as much as I would like because I don't want to wait.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm

Another Sony game?

Dunno why but I am getting PSVR game vibes. Would work well in a Ghostbusters game.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Funny thing I just thought of, I'd love a fuckin' "The Real Ghostbusters" game done in a similar style to Transformers Devastation. Cel-shaded, looking like a 3D cartoon with classic music cues and some of the original animated series voice cast back (without Lorenzo Music, of course).

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Real talk, I would love a game based (or even a movie) based on Extreme Ghostbusters.

I like that cartoon even more than everything ghostbusters.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
As far as video games are concerned, Activision owns the Ghostbusters license.

The last ghostbuster game by Activision was in 2016. I think it even ended with the bankruptcy of the studio that worked on it.

I'm pretty sure Activision isn't holding the exclusive rights anymore. Afaik the mobile game from 2018 didn't have any involvement of Activision.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
This us what I was thinking too. And Sony own Ghostbusters too, right? Meaning hopefully no license hell like they had with Friday the 13th.

Sony Pictures does, yeah (through Columbia Pictures)

Im curious if Illfonic would self-publish, or if SIE could foot the bill on this one
The last ghostbuster game by Activision was in 2016. I think it even ended with the bankruptcy of the studio that worked on it.

I'm pretty sure Activision isn't holding the exclusive rights anymore. Afaik the mobile game from 2018 didn't have any involvement of Activision.
and the remaster of the Terminal Reality game was also handled by another publisher (Mad Dog) so yeah, Acitivision doesn't have any exclusive rights or rights at all it seems since that 2016 game was delisted in 2019

DCBA

Dec 12, 2018
New traditional single-player Ghostbusters game, please...? 🙏😔
most likely multiplayer.
Illfonics previous output:
KJnGmdS.png

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah lol. It blows my mind everytime i'm seeing threads about it, as someone that mostly listen r&b.

If you told me 20 years ago that the guy singing in Tony Toni Tone would have a video game studio...
This is what's most mind blowing to me. I had no fuckin idea. There's an "It never Rains" joke in there somewhere. I'm just not smart enough to figure it out.
Fucking good for him though.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Nice. I've been asking for a new Ghostbusters game for a long while now. Admittedly I've wanted a big budget affair so I'll remain cautiously optimistic until we learn more about this one.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is what's most mind blowing to me. I had no fuckin idea. There's an "It never Rains" joke in there somewhere. I'm just not smart enough to figure it out.
Fucking good for him though.
Can't wait for the next Anniversary of the studio

It's always a trip that Raphael Saadiq has a video game studio

What the hell is The Game doing ? He should be the one with a video game studio

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yeah. Best IP for a game. About time we get another GB game. Ideally I'd love Insomniac, but I'll take what I can get. Please be based off the cartoon :). I'll even take the comics. I'm just happy it's possibly a thing.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
A multiplayer 4 vs 1 game - 4 'busters vs 1 ghost could be a fun time.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
Had to do a double take and then do some searches to make sure I wasn't seeing things lol, that's cool that Saadiq co-founded a dev studio

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I swear if they give me a fun MP game I can play with friends in the art style of the 80s The Real Ghostbusters, I'll throw my entire wallet at the screen.

... Then promptly go out to buy a new tv to replace my broken screen.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Left 4 dead Ghostbusters makes so much sense that I'm surprised we haven't seen it yet.
That would be cool too, but I think a full blown narrative semi open world Ghostbusters would be ideal. Spiderman would be the PERFECT template for a Ghostbusters game. NYC acts as the open world hub, traverse using the Ecto-1, random side missions, interior narrative levels, weapon upgrades etc.

Make it based off The Real Ghostbusters and give it cel shaded graphics and add all those crazy enemies like Boogeyman. Even incorporate stuff from the movies like riding the Statue of Liberty in a boss fight vs Stay Puft. There's so much potential with this IP. I just hope it's not a PvP game.