• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
California
My goodness. Arguably the best part of this plate is the consomé (beef stock).

You tried these yet?

Ejdcjaa.jpg
imgur.com

imgur.com

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
These are everywhere in California and like we've had these for awhile but white people caught on so they're insanely popular

Outlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'm Mexican-American, extremely in tune with the culture and whatnot, but I've yet to try these despite knowing of them.

That image has me convinced to get some tonight, thanks OP.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Had some for the first time about a month ago. Fucking insane. The taco itself is already good, but after dipping it in the consome...

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
I tried this from a Mexican food truck close to home a couple of weeks ago.

Really good.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
What is? Shredded beef in tortilla and queso, with a beef juice dip? Looks amazing, too bad I pretty much gave up red meat.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
The local birria truck's lines have become hilariously long. Not really going near it until it open up another location tbh.

Last edited:

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ooooh dunno if any of the Mexican joints around here have em but I looked up the recipe. Gonna make it soon.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I haven't really seen these in the Mexican restaurants near me, but maybe it's more a Cali thing. What's in 'em?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't really seen these in the Mexican restaurants near me, but maybe it's more a Cali thing. What's in 'em?
You make a broth/soup out of stock, dip the tortilla's in the broth and throw them on the grill, then you fill them with taco filling and make your tacos make your tacos (and grill them quesadilla style so the cheese is all melted if you feel like it), and dip them in the broth as you eat.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
The local birria truck's lines have become hilariously long. Not really going near it until it open up another location tbh.
that's the fucking pain of being a new yorker, anything that gets remotely hyped, you're waiting on a damn line. i have to wait on a line to get dumplings in my own city, frustrating as fuck at times.

You're in luck!

www.eatfigsnotpigs.com

Meaty and Delicious Vegan Birria Tacos - Eat Figs, Not Pigs

Eat Figs, Not Pigs Vegan Birria Tacos - These Vegan Birria Mushrooms are so meaty and tender, you'll never know they're not meat!
good looking out! that looks amazing....i mean i'll have to make it but i'm a pretty decent cook.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
You make a broth/soup out of stock, dip the tortilla's in the broth and throw them on the grill, then you fill them with taco filling and make your tacos make your tacos (and grill them quesadilla style so the cheese is all melted if you feel like it), and dip them in the broth as you eat.
Oh sweet Jesus that sounds amazing.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
It's an incredibly indulgent meal and it's the kind of food I can only eat like 2-3x a year, if that. It's obviously one of the tastiest meals ever, but it's got to be 400,000 calories. I still recommend that everyone who hasn't had it to give it a try. It'll change your taste buds' lives, but you'll also feel some regret afterwards haha

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Heard of it, haven't seen it around my area of socal though. Looks like a Mexican style french dip.

OP
OP
Metanoia Prime
Oct 26, 2017
California
It's an incredibly indulgent meal and it's the kind of food I can only eat like 2-3x a year, if that. It's obviously one of the tastiest meals ever, but it's got to be 400,000 calories. I still recommend that everyone who hasn't had it to give it a try. It'll change your taste buds' lives, but you'll also feel some regret afterwards haha
No doubt. The local place gives you three of them in their order/plate, so it's literally all I'm eating for the day.

Oct 27, 2017
I've never heard of it. But, I googled and found a restaurant 7.5 miles away that has it. Might have to check it out sometime as I go through that area on occasion.

FirstBlood

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
Gotta make sure you find a place that does the consomé well.

Obviously they're fine without (nothing wrong with some crispy tacos with slow cooked beef or lamb & cheese) - but if you get the real deal flavorful consomé it really elevates them.

RetroRunner

Dec 6, 2020
This has been a thing in the Southwest for a while now, the next big thing is looking to be Mexican chile crisp(aka salsa macha).

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles

just a stuffed quesadilla. The tortilla is dipped in the birria stock before heated on the griddle. Flip the tortilla, put cheese and birria meat, close the tortilla and serve with a side of the birria stock. That's the basic

OP
OP
Metanoia Prime
Oct 26, 2017
California
Gotta make sure you find a place that does the consomé well.

Obviously they're fine without (nothing wrong with some crispy tacos with slow cooked beef or lamb & cheese) - but if you get the real deal flavorful consomé it really elevates them.
Absolutely. Good to great consomé is able to take your experience from "these are some great tacos" to "I must have this again tomorrow."

Otheradam

Nov 1, 2017
These have exploded in popularity in NYC during covid. The first time I had it from a highly rated food truck was a religious experience. They are the real deal.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i've had birria tacos and they are good but i still prefer my birria by itself with the tortillas on the side. sonora mexico is like birria town if you've never been. so many good birria stalls everywhere and they make the tortillas right there and you could eat them by themselves they are so good.