• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2021
User Banned (Permanent): Creating an inappropriate reaction thread, account still in junior phase, prior related ban
Not to say that they never were however I would say they were deff B status. Ever since the launch of Spider man ps4 not only have they released two other games, however they have also released consistent patches with their games as well making them playable with 60 fps and raytracing, and also new muscle/suit technology in Miles Morales that they are using in Spiderman 2.

they have definitely jumped up the list of devs Id consider top tier. Their output has been amazing and seems as if they never sleep and seem to be the best acquisition as of late in regards with sales, output, content etc

Spider-man ps4 - Sept 2018
Spiderman- Remaster- Nov 2020
Spiderman Miles Morales- Nov 2020
Rachet and Clank a Rift Apart- June 2021

Future Titiles:
Spiderman 2: 2023
Wolverine: TBD

also it appears they have 3 studios so I wonder what else is in the pipeline for them. Amazing pick up, and they putting in work. Change the name from Playstation Studios to: Insomniac Studios- and Friends

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
I always thought they were, now they are just being elevated to the gold standard in game development.

mpak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 5, 2021
I am pretty sure Spider-man games were easier develop due to the same foundation for all the games.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
Insomniac's always been top-tier. They're just getting the recognition for it now. They've got a super diverse portfolio of games (the most diverse of any western SCE studio AFAIK).

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Kind of weird you go from talking about derailment of topics in the harassment thread to posting this.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Its disapointing that they've become a superhero game developer IMO, but Im glad they still develop R&C games from time to time. They definitely seem like an efficient studio to be juggling multiple games at once.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They always have been what are you talking about lol.

catashtrophe

Oct 27, 2017
UK
They hit top tier status the moment I played Tools of Destruction and been one of the best devs out there ever since

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
Definitely the shinning jewel right now for Sony. Their production is insane at the moment, just hit after hit.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
They're very good but, frankly, I wouldn't rate any of their games 90+ bangers. I feel like all their games become really stale from a gameplay perspective. In both Spiderman and Rachet and Clank I was so bored of playing them long before they ended.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
You think? Top tier?

Resistance was OK. They only gotten on my radar recently.

To me, top tier is RockStar, ND, Nintendo, Capcom.

Insomniac was pretty good but hardly event gaming. That's changing since Spider-Man.
Spyro 1-3 and most/all the PS2 R&C were excellent. They had a little rough time towards the end on PS3 gen, but the Resistance games were all good to great too and PS3 R&C had some real good entries.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Top tier for who? Not for women in any case, that means not for me either.

They've done great stuff with Spiderman and Ratchet, but we don't know a thing about Spiderman 2 and Wolverine, we haven't even seen gameplay.

Either way, they're trash.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
They've been under fire for accusations of sexual harassment and poor treatment of women, same as UbiSoft and Blizzard. That aspect of their studio culture doesn't deserve to get swept under the rug because you like the games they make and the IP's they work with. It's one thing to enjoy their work, but don't gas them up as a top tier dev as if nothing ugly they're associated with matters.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Yes they're very talented. They also have some deeply gross cultural problems that result in shitty mistreatment of their female staff (which another thread indicates you clearly are aware of this), so let's not with this weird-ass bad faith deflection

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ehh. I know Spider-Man is popular but that game was like a 7 to me. Worse than pretty much every mainline R&C they've done.

Also, they could definitely stand to be a better workplace for women.

May 14, 2021
So you created this thread in reaction to the thread detailing how bad they are to female employees? Aren't you an amazing human being.

Deleted member 32106

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
Fuck Insomniac. And this doesn't seem like a thread made in good faith.

Of course their talent is unquestionable. Though doubling down on superhero IPs mean their forthcoming slate is of zero interest to me.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
They're talented for sure, but they really need to clean up their culture and fix the harrassement issues with women developers they have. If you want to buy their games, it's up to you, but don't downplay the toxic culture they have.

Also was this created in response to the harrassement thread? Yikes dude.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
b8eab2bcd8ac6d152b347dkv4.jpeg

Ostrava

Jul 31, 2021
Belgium
They do have an impressive output of games. Releasing Miles Morales and Ratchet and Clank so close to each other with such high quality they surely have some of the most talented people in the industry working for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.