• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it's really from Koun, I think that basically confirms that Shadows Die Twice is a spiritual successor to Koun?

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
cdc.jpg

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely has that FROM Software engine look.

Edit: I hate twitter gif quality. Looking at it on my desktop the cloth quality is too good. Is this from some show?

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because people like me have no idea what you're talking about

"Kuon (九怨, Eternity)[3] is a survival horror video game for the PlayStation 2, developed by FromSoftware. Kuon is based on an ancient type of Japanese horror story called Kwaidan. The game is set in a mansion in Kyoto during the Heian Period of Japan."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuon
Thanks, never played a From game beside Souls and Bloodborne and despite knowing a few of the games they made in the past, somehow I never knew about this Kuon.

If the predictions regarding Bethesda are spot-on then I wonder if it's co-developed by their own Tango as well.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Why are all these people playing with my heart! I would adore a new Kuon / spiritual successor to it.

Also I never realized people really knew what Kuon existed...

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man. I just hope it will have much better graphics than Souls games. Good gameplay is most likely a given.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Man... if From actually are doing a full-on current-gen survival horror game it would be the best possible announcement to come out of this E3. The Soulsborne series has proven that they can do atmosphere better than most other developers, so if that were put into a game where the main goal isn't to kill everything on sight, it would really be something special.

EDIT: It would make sense for Keighley to be teasing whatever Shadows Die Twice is considering he managed to get the big tease back at the Game Awards. I just wonder what show it's going to pop up in; my bet is Sony's if it's an exclusive and Microsoft's if it's multiplat.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Man... if From actually are doing a full-on current-gen survival horror game it would be the best possible announcement to come out of this E3. The Soulsborne series has proven that they can do atmosphere better than most other developers, so if that were put into a game where the main goal isn't to kill everything on sight, it would really be something special.

I know right? Imagine From's freaking enemy/creature design on top of that. If you played Kuon it's not the best game but they nail audio design and atmosphere in that game. Here I was thinking to get some sleep tonight.

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think you're teasing Kuon, just because there's a woman wearing a kimono doesn't mean it's related to Kuon.
Plus, I don't know if I'd personally enjoy a direct Kuon sequel or game, it looks boring tbh.

EDIT
if anything, the shadow thing resembles Death Stranding more then Kuon.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I know right? Imagine From's freaking enemy/creature design on top of that. If you played Kuon it's not the best game but they nail audio design and atmosphere in that game. Here I was thinking to get some sleep tonight.

To be honest I didn't even know Kuon existed until this thread (in fact, I got it mixed up with Ju-on for a moment). I did read Dusk Golem's thread but the name clearly slipped my mind. Shame it seems to be rare because I'd probably give it a go if I could get my hands on a copy.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is an American Horror Story trailer a tease of a video game?

He's a video game guy posting random shit right before E3.

It's not like that was some cool moment from a recent episode, it's a 2 year old clip. It's clearly meant to be something E3 related, even if the exact game is up to debate.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
All hail Lord Dusk, Lord of darkness, and Shadow King of Horror!