• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
It would make too much sense to get attention to 3.

And I would like to replay 1 without having to set my Dreamcast and use a dodgy HDMI setup.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Would be about time. I'll also take Phantasy Star V, Streets of Rage 4 and Shining Force IV thanks.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I have no hope left. Overt statement or bust. Though admitedly, this is about three times more potent than most "tease" threads. The implication seems real.

cireza

Nov 21, 2017
Shenmue HD is not HUGE if you ask me. Anything being a remake/remaster is not HUGE.

Something HUGE is a sequel of a popular Sega series, like Skies of Arcadia 3 (yeah, they skip directly to 3, that's HUGE !), Shining Force IV, Panzer Dragoon Five or Virtua Fighter 6.

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
I never played Shenmue but saw some highlights of the Giant Bomb guys playing it, and it looks like a pretty fun time. I might bite on an HD port.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
I think this is genuinely it. Rumbles and mutterings since even the days of the 360 finally coming to fruition.

P.S: Snark posters pls go. Let people actually enjoy something, jfc.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't played these since the Dreamcast days, do they still hold up well?

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
No, they're just telling him it's huge even if it's not Shenmue. Like why would SEGA ever agree with a fan that only x thing would be worthwhile when they have y and z and a b c d e f g h etc regardless. Of course I'm not expecting something much bigger than a remaster/port of whatever out of this event anyway but we'll see, it could be anything, from Saturn collection a la the Genesis stuff, to Yakuza/Persona PC to Shenmue 1 & 2 HD to VF:FS port to other arcade ports, etc. Of course these might not be HUGE for any one person but why would SEGA itself downplay any such announcement since it's still a new product they wish to bring to the market and for it to sell, lol.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I mean, I doubt it's Shenmue, but Koch owns Deep Silver. Of course, Shenmue 3 isn't Deep Silver's only game.

Koch distributes SEGA's games in Europe.

Also this is an announcement at a two day long Sega event in Japan, and is something they've been hyping up for a while now. Sega America and Sega Europe just joined in hyping it up as well. It'd be really weird if all of that is just for some ports.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I have to wonder if the modern Sega team, the one that acquired Atlus, finally crossed all the Ts and dotted the Is to decide: a port of both games will sell enough to clear its budget of porting, and it'll get a little bit of free cash by launching as a temporary console exclusive, to boot. Methinks Shenmue 3 being paid for and promoted by entirely different people doesn't hurt. Like, hey, let's just use the free marketing and sell some digital-only Shenmue, plus we can likely sell out a limited edition with a vinyl figure. So, hooray and duh. Bring it on, Sega.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sega Fes starts in nine hours and runs for about nine hours long, so sometime between 9 p.m. today and 6 a.m. tomorrow EDT.
That's too long a time, haah

Oh well, anything from Yakuza on PC to an actual Shenmue remaster would make me gravely misplace my fecal manner immediately so I hope it' one of these

Oct 27, 2017
Sega Fes starts in nine hours and runs for about nine hours long, so sometime between 9 p.m. today and 6 a.m. tomorrow EDT.

(There's also a second day of Sega Fes but this announcement seems to be coming tonight)

Cool. Sega is my favorite, yet most disappointing company ever...So I hope it's an announcement everyone gets behind.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shenmue HD is not HUGE if you ask me. Anything being a remake/remaster is not HUGE.

Something HUGE is a sequel of a popular Sega series, like Skies of Arcadia 3 (yeah, they skip directly to 3, that's HUGE !), Shining Force IV, Panzer Dragoon Five or Virtua Fighter 6.
Those aren't that huge next to Shenmue. HUGE would be hardware then?

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I really hope this is the case. It's annoying messing around with Dreamcast hookups and some QoL and graphical clean up would also be welcome.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
After that tease from SEGA Europe, if it's not Shenmue HD, SEGA is definitely dead to me and will be the biggest assh*les ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.