• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
The original announcement was also ratioed, and that didn't change anything. I'm willing to bet the producers don't care.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
"This is the latest miracle diet supplement big pharma doesn't want you to hear about"

What is green coffee extract?!

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if you're an actual science-oriented doctor or nurse and you've finally been accepted as a contestant to be on Jeopardy after years of trying, and the fucking host for your particular game is Dr Oz.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If your post something dumb, and then your post has 63 likes but 4,000 comments, you got ratio'd. It's shorthand for 'everyone thought your post was trash'.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
Ratio

basically you write that word and if you get more likes on your post than the original post then you ratioed them

it's fucking stupid
That's not what ratio is, but it is funny that you deem it stupid despite not understanding it.

A Twitter post is "ratio'd" when it has more comments than likes. "Likes" are the most low-level interaction a Twitter user can have with a post - and, therefore, it's usually the highest metric in any given post.

A ratio'd post, however, is one that people purposefully didn't "Like", and instead chose to leave negative comments on. If your post is ratio'd, you fucked up.

Oct 30, 2017
An account tweets something that is controversial (e.g., Dr. Oz hosting Jeopardy)

People who don't like Dr. Oz outweighs those gullible elderly folks who don't have Twitter accounts

Instead of likes, many more people comment negatively about the tweet (e.g. 500 likes to 2.5k comments)

If comments are greater than likes then it has been ratioed.

Oct 26, 2017
I almost wonder if the producer looks at the ratio and thinks: "hmmm we can leverage this so more people will watch us."

Incredibly shameful if it is the case.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
Its a way of saying the response to something was more negative than positive. The "ratio" of negative comments outweighs any positive response.

An account tweets something that is controversial (e.g., Dr. Oz hosting Jeopardy)

People who don't like Dr. Oz outweighs those gullible elderly folks who don't have Twitter accounts

Instead of likes, many more people comment negatively about the tweet (e.g. 500 likes to 2.5k comments)

If comments are greater than likes then it has been ratioed.

yes, but that's not what that post was saying. That definition was not one I'd heard, so I was wondering if I had it wrong all this time.

Osan912

Avenger
Sep 22, 2018
I don't remember the actual podcast but in the you're wrong about podcast feed they have a fairly recent episode about Dr. Oz that's really interesting.

Nov 27, 2017
California
That's not what ratio is, but it is funny that you deem it stupid despite not understanding it.

A Twitter post is "ratio'd" when it has more comments than likes. "Likes" are the most low-level interaction a Twitter user can have with a post - and, therefore, it's usually the highest metric in any given post.

A ratio'd post, however, is one that people purposefully didn't "Like", and instead chose to leave negative comments on. If your post is ratio'd, you fucked up.

im to lazy to post it but Biden posted him walking like he does every week and someone write "I'm tired of seeing these n walking every week" and his post got more likes than Biden's post and he made another tweet saying "I ratio'd the president"

let's just say there are many interpretations for ratio

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know too much about Dr. Oz until I read psuedoscience and immediately stopped there. Fuck Dr. Oz.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
im to lazy to post it but Biden posted him walking like he does every week and someone write "I'm tired of seeing these n walking every week" and his post got more likes than Biden's post and he made another tweet saying "I ratio'd the president"

I mean yes there are many incorrect interpretations

that person was also using it incorrectly

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

So, that person got it wrong, and now you're getting it wrong. Please refer to this thread for the correct definition.

It's like you saying, "Well one time a person on Twitter said that the State of Kansas is named after the band Kansas, so I'll start spreading that around"...I mean, it's not really one of those "many interpretations" things. The state of Kansas is actually not named after the band.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

That's an incorrect use of the term. "ratio'd" means a very specific thing, which Brazil summed up accurately.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Katie Couric was fine. I'm looking forward to Anderson Cooper though.

No reason whatsoever to not have Levar Burton on.

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"The website Science-Based Medicine goes even further, claiming: "No other show on television can top The Dr. Oz Show for the sheer magnitude of bad health advice it consistently offers, all while giving everything a veneer of credibility."

Is this the Wikipedia version of being ratio'd?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
They should just do two TNG weeks.

Week one: LeVar Burton, Patrick Stewart, Marina Sirtis, Brent Spiner, John De Lancie
Week two: Jonathan Frakes, Rosalind Chao, Michael Dorn, Gates McFadden, Colm Meaney.

Book it.