Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This actually happened back in early February, but seemingly wasn't noticed by anyone until this week. Joel Jewett, one of Neversoft's co-founders, has filed a trademark for the Neversoft name. The application lists the owner as Neversoft Entertainment, LLC, and it was signed by Jewett himself.

View: https://twitter.com/THPSX/status/1785527137551655357

It doesn't seem like Activision is listed anywhere on the filing, as far as I can tell. Perhaps Jewett is reviving Neversoft as an indie studio with Activision's blessing (since I assume they retained the Neversoft name after the original studio was folded into Infinity Ward) / he got the name back? If so, I wonder if they would be doing their own thing, or if they would work with Activision on existing series like Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk.

Stick a spear through my eye if old.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i would sell my soul for ports of spiderman dreamcast version and enter electro on pc

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
I miss all the wacky ass characters in the Tony Hawk games

You get Kelly Slater and Spiderman and a sewer monster and the eyeball

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
I get the name holds nostalgic value, but I don't see why anyone would get their hopes up for this. Even if an entity named Neversoft came back, it wouldn't be the same people at all, and they'd have none of their old IP?

I do hope Microsoft will enable Activision to do THPS3+4 though.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Neversoft still makes me think it could be a good name for a pill for ED.