• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hypertails

Oct 25, 2017
The trailer on the steam page has an ESRB rating pending splash screen, so that release is legit. I'm assuming some wires got crossed regarding time zones and this went up early, and Bandai will have a press release soon.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
The trailer on the steam page has an ESRB rating pending splash screen, so that release is legit. I'm assuming some wires got crossed regarding time zones and this went up early, and Bandai will have a press release soon.
And this is why I still have some hope for consoles, cross rays didn't die till the Bandai trailer. Then again wouldn't be the first time Bandai announced a switch port late

Mar 11, 2020
Holy shit it looks like it is getting a worldwide release????? WTF??? I really hope console is too cause i want ps4 version but even if not i'll import like usual, but i'd be so happy there is progress happening with bringing this series westward!!

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
So does this mean there is any chance of physical Switch copies coming over? Or will that still be an import thing.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So does this mean there is any chance of physical Switch copies coming over? Or will that still be an import thing.
I mean there's no bandai trailer so I wouldn't rule it out. Hopefully we'll at least get a digital release considering if they brought this over due to import numbers it'd be due to Switch and PS4 import numbers XD

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
you know considering we got GGG vs Betterman as a full scenario it sucks we couldn't get Getter Devolution even as a unit only. Tell me you don't want this ridiculous design in SRW
s-l640.jpg
Neat!

SetoKaioX

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing this game will be released worldwide on Steam. I hope it happens with PS4/Switch version.
If they plan to release the next OG for PC they need to remaster/remake the other games in the series.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sidebar, but if anyone is interested, I see everything (Moon Dwellers, V , X, T) is 60% or 70% off on Singapore PSN, including DLC. Just grabbed the T post-game DLC.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
This is one of those rare times, where I'll buy a port regardless of its quality or the effort put into it. It's just too important.

I think the trick is not just matching past numbers, but spreading SRW to new fans. Access alone will do wonders, but there needs to be good word of mouth, people have to know it exists and is available.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it's the same for Switch as well. Any clue on how the heck to get stuff from the HK or SGP eshops for those in the US?
What I've been doing on PSN :
1. Create a new account from the region you're interested in, in this case, I made a Singapore alt account dedicated to buying stuff from their digital store.
2. Top up the account with gift cards. For SG PSN, I usually go with seagm.com
3. Buy games with your account balance, and play them from your main account, as games are shared between accounts on the system.

Looking at Switch, it appears they don't sell SG cards, but they do sell HK Nintendo cards. If I were you, I'd check the HK store versions include English and go through these steps. They don't, or didn't use to, on PS4 but YMMV.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok guys just thought of the new unit from a returning series I want most. Either these guys or the dragon ship(Dome, lady Aska's fortress)
1_iphone.jpg

Last edited:

TimeKillr

Feb 9, 2021
Looks like it's the same for Switch as well. Any clue on how the heck to get stuff from the HK or SGP eshops for those in the US?

I have all the SRW Switch versions straight from the HK eShop! It's pretty simple, generally -

1- Create a HK Nintendo Account (I followed a guide when I bought T, but it shouldn't be too hard to find) and SIGN IN TO IT FROM YOUR SWITCH (this is SUPER important)
2- Go to store.nintendo.com.hk and log in with your account
3- Look for all the SRW games (they're all discounted so they shouldn't be too hard to find)
4- Add them to cart and pay! I paid with my credit card, but in theory I think you should be able to buy HK eShop cards online. They also accept PayPal.
5- Once you've paid, you have to go into your account, open up the order and click on Download on every item

It'll automatically download to your Switch! Chrome can translate the eShop page (right click and select "Translate") and you should be easily able to navigate the site.

I just grabbed V and X with the DLC and the post-game DLC for T right now for like 522HKD (which is like 90CAD, which is real cheap).

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
of course all the english ones nowadays DON'T HAVE DIEBUSTER OR GUNBUSTER

life is pain

TimeKillr

Feb 9, 2021
doess iiit I swear last time I looked for an english one it didn't :(

gimme

actually now that you mention it, does that one have diebuster too. maybe that's what I'm remembering. the lack of diebuster. or my memory is fuzzing out.

It "only" has Gunbuster. I don't think Diebuster is in any English releases.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I have all the SRW Switch versions straight from the HK eShop! It's pretty simple, generally -

1- Create a HK Nintendo Account (I followed a guide when I bought T, but it shouldn't be too hard to find) and SIGN IN TO IT FROM YOUR SWITCH (this is SUPER important)
2- Go to store.nintendo.com.hk and log in with your account
3- Look for all the SRW games (they're all discounted so they shouldn't be too hard to find)
4- Add them to cart and pay! I paid with my credit card, but in theory I think you should be able to buy HK eShop cards online. They also accept PayPal.
5- Once you've paid, you have to go into your account, open up the order and click on Download on every item

It'll automatically download to your Switch! Chrome can translate the eShop page (right click and select "Translate") and you should be easily able to navigate the site.

I just grabbed V and X with the DLC and the post-game DLC for T right now for like 522HKD (which is like 90CAD, which is real cheap).

Thanks for the help. I got it to work by switching my region and contacting my credit card company.

Now I also want to get Moon Dwellers on PS4, but I'm running into problems there too. I know I need to create a foreign account, and I also know I cannot use my credit card or Paypal and have to resort to gift cards, and different regions sell different increments. What is the most cost-effective way to do this? It's looking like Hong Kong where I'd have to spend $20.

TimeKillr

Feb 9, 2021
Thanks for the help. I got it to work by switching my region and contacting my credit card company.

Now I also want to get Moon Dwellers on PS4, but I'm running into problems there too. I know I need to create a foreign account, and I also know I cannot use my credit card or Paypal and have to resort to gift cards, and different regions sell different increments. What is the most cost-effective way to do this? It's looking like Hong Kong where I'd have to spend $20.

For PSN, you need to create a Singapore PSN account, and then you 100% need to buy Singapore PSN cards (you can do this JP too if you want, but the JP versions only have Japanese text). PSN doesn't let you register cards from other regions on accounts, afaik, since you need a valid postal address and everything is tied to that.

Then you make sure you sign in to that account on your PS4/5 and make that PS4/5 the primary console for that account - you'll be able to play on your main account regardless this way.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle

Games on the Hong Kong PlayStation store are not always guaranteed to be in English, just a heads up. You might want to look at Singapore, that's the account I use to redeem the DLC codes that come with SEA physical games.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
For PSN, you need to create a Singapore PSN account, and then you 100% need to buy Singapore PSN cards (you can do this JP too if you want, but the JP versions only have Japanese text). PSN doesn't let you register cards from other regions on accounts, afaik, since you need a valid postal address and everything is tied to that.

Then you make sure you sign in to that account on your PS4/5 and make that PS4/5 the primary console for that account - you'll be able to play on your main account regardless this way.

Does it have to be Singapore or does Hong Kong work too? Actually, what regions would get me the Asian version (which has English text option?), Taiwan, Korea, China as well?

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Singapore and Taiwan for sure. Play-Asia carries Singapore cards, I'd just play it safe and use that country since we can guarantee the games are in English there.

Yeah I just took a look - looks like Hong Kong only has the chinese version.

Dammit, cheapest SDG card option is 20 for $16 USD, and the game costs 22. Which means I'd need to buy two. Fuuuuuck.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
If I was to guess the 4 OGs they'll add as DLC I'd say it'll be Gespenst, Grungust, Alteisen and DyGenGuar.

I wouldn't want Grungust and Gespenst back considering we had them in V and T but 30th anniversary things means they seem certain to come back.
Huckebein and Grungust were introduced in SRW4 as the ultimate upgrades on the real/super routes, and you have different variations of the Gespenst you upgrade from. So I think there's a good chance there might be some kind of Grungust 30 somewhere.
Would be a good excuse to bring in Gundam Build Fighters, there's some wild shit they could mine from there. That setup would be perfect for the handheld team since they like to experiment, if they still exist and haven't been moved to DD now.

Cybuster (fittingly) is in X, which makes the Gespesnt and Grungust more likely, if anything.
There is no Grungust 30. Straight from the horse's mouth.

Of course, Terada's a hilarious horrific troll. So maybe there isn't "Grungust 30". There is possibly something else from the designer though. Speaking of which, I hope he's OK. He was only recently discharged from the hospital because his house caught on fire and his wife passed away.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
There is no Grungust 30. Straight from the horse's mouth.

Of course, Terada's a hilarious horrific troll. So maybe there isn't "Grungust 30". There is possibly something else from the designer though. Speaking of which, I hope he's OK. He was only recently discharged from the hospital because his house caught on fire and his wife passed away.

Wait, do you mean Hajime Katoki? That's terrible.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Global SRW PC release... Holy shit the dream has come true.

I'm really glad because it means I don't have to import on switch. My friend was going to buy it on Steam (he lives in Japan) but I just assumed I wouldn't be able to buy it due to the region locking. So glad I can just buy it normally!

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
I'm really glad because it means I don't have to import on switch. My friend was going to buy it on Steam (he lives in Japan) but I just assumed I wouldn't be able to buy it due to the region locking. So glad I can just buy it normally!

Yeah, the costs for getting V, X, and T could be rough at times. My Switch copy of T ended up costing as much as the Digital Deluxe Edition of Super Robot Wars 30 will cost, and that was with no DLC.

I'm hoping if the Steam version of 30 does well, we might not only get more Steam releases, but maybe console ports in the west as well.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Yeah, the costs for getting V, X, and T could be rough at times. My Switch copy of T ended up costing as much as the Digital Deluxe Edition of Super Robot Wars 30 will cost, and that was with no DLC.

I'm hoping if the Steam version of 30 does well, we might not only get more Steam releases, but maybe console ports in the west as well.

I have a feeling this is more to do with legal licensing and contracts than Bandai Namco being hesitant about the Western market. Sure would be nice if we could get someone at BN to give a statement on it.

Totally forgot I had points to use at Play Asia, so my PS4 copy of SRW30 ended up costing me $53 with shipping. Can't complain about that.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
I have a feeling this is more to do with legal licensing and contracts than Bandai Namco being hesitant about the Western market. Sure would be nice if we could get someone at BN to give a statement on it.

Totally forgot I had points to use at Play Asia, so my PS4 copy of SRW30 ended up costing me $53 with shipping. Can't complain about that.

Sadly, I doubt they'll ever directly state the details. We'll just find out if console ports happen later. I imagine it's just easier and cheaper to do a simple Steam release.

I was initially planning on getting 30 on Switch, but with an official release, I can't pass up supporting it. I feel like Bandai Namco will be using Steam sales to decide whether or not to keep releasing future SRW titles worldwide.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Sadly, I doubt they'll ever directly state the details. We'll just find out if console ports happen later. I imagine it's just easier and cheaper to do a simple Steam release.

I was initially planning on getting 30 on Switch, but with an official release, I can't pass up supporting it. I feel like Bandai Namco will be using Steam sales to decide whether or not to keep releasing future SRW titles worldwide.

I'll always go with a physical release, as exciting as it is to see a licensed SRW title finally get a Western release. I imported the SEA version Maxi Boost ON instead of buying it from the PlayStation Store because I'd rather have a disc. I'm also a Mac owner so it's kind of a moot point.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
More info and images!

Mothersip and its crews, some new mechs, mission screens, etc.

y_610b775fca2a1.jpg

www.famitsu.com

『スパロボ30』オリジナルキャラ&戦艦と新システム“タクティカル・エリア・セレクト”の詳細が発表。戦闘画面の初公開写真も! | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

Nintendo Switch(ニンテンドースイッチ)、PS4(プレイステーション4)、PC(Steam)用のシリーズ最新作『スーパーロボット大戦30』の新情報が公開。オリジナルキャラクター&戦艦と新システム“タクティカル・エリア・セレクト”の詳細が発表された。