• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Nah, it's more like hippies. Uncles are the ones claiming their natural immune system can fight off a horse

That 'ruled by pharma' stuff is the kind of thing that is always shared by a (former) hippie friend of mine who was once a staunch liberal feminist and is now a true Q disciple who worships MAGA.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
Hard one really. No idea how they got into this situation. Are they outspoken antivaxxers? Was he vaxxed? On time or both shots? We're they just mistrusting the emergency use of the vaccine?

But no matter what, if he is intubated since four weeks, he is on his way out and I would have done anything for my wife when she was on the edge of dying. The wife is in a situation where every little chance is giving her hope, no matter how ridiculous. This is about medical Ivermectin, not horse dewormer. If costs are covered, the hospital made sure it can't get sued and the man is on his last breaths anyway, the harm isn't really big, and no matter what happens, there is at least another clinical result that's showing how his condition went under the medication.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Hard one really. No idea how they got into this situation. Are they outspoken antivaxxers? Was he vaxxed? On time or both shots? We're they just mistrusting the emergency use of the vaccine?

But no matter what, if he is intubated since four weeks, he is on his way out and I would have done anything for my wife when she was on the edge of dying. The wife is in a situation where every little chance is giving her hope, no matter how ridiculous. This is about medical Ivermectin, not horse dewormer. If costs are covered, the hospital made sure it can't get sued and the man is on his last breaths anyway, the harm isn't really big, and no matter what happens, there is at least another clinical result that's showing how his condition went under the medication.
The problem here is the doctor who is peddling this.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
That's ridiculous. Their little nonprofit is also ridiculous and despite having the typical warnings (educational use only, not a substitute for medical advice, etc) really tries to come off as legit.

Home

FLCCC is The Frontline COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance: Dedicated to COVID prevention & treatment, empowering individuals for better health.

Dangerous shit. They even have a peer-reviewed meta-analysis of ivermectin that concludes it has a statistically significant impact on long-term covid effects.

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
In my experience there are some family docs out there that I wouldn't trust to wipe their own asses effectively.
It's just frustrating because that kind of stuff is how we get armchair experts in the first place. If the system to give people credentials doesn't work what's the point of the system? I want to trust what experts have to say, not make my own decision with even less information than them…

Veezy

Oct 27, 2017
A little OT:

This quote is out of line. Many holistic medical practices are evidence based - ie herbs, acupuncture and others.

What you dont seem to understand is Medicine is ruled by pharma- they dictate what is taught in medical school and the non pharmaceutical healing modalities are not where their profits live and so it is not taught. Since doctors are not taught it, many choose to belive it is because these modalities dont work. If only actual medical outcomes dictated research and education rather than profit first, our treatment options would be more vast and effective.

In a way medicine as it is taught and practice and regulated is a type of quackery.
Wait. Wait. Wait.

So, the pharmaceutical industry regulates what is taught in medical school. They set the standards on the most effective treatments individuals should receive for various conditions and diseases?

Question for you, because I'm just a dumb person that trusts my doctor who prescribed me my medication for my issues, is there a better way to treat my ADHD and manic bipolar issues as opposed to the medications I'm using? Also, I see a dermatologist who's treating me for a skin problem that could lead to cancer. Is the prescription he's giving me legit or should I consider the medication and treatment "quackery" and depend on a prayer circle and some herbs? Maybe a few crystals or essential oils?

Do you realize that what you wrote is dangerous and the exact type of logic that anti-vax people use to justify not getting vaccinated? I'm watching my state get eviscerated by Delta variant and you're saying that modern medicine is a type of quackery? What!?

collige

Oct 31, 2017
So if I'm understanding this correctly, the plaintiff was an anti-vaxxer, found a doctor to sign off on the non-animal version of ivermectin, then got a judge to sign off on the doctor signing off.

If that's the case, I'm not really sure what can be done in the short term besides the hospital having the patient sign tons of waivers and the medical board looking into this Wagshul quack. I wonder what kind of legal precedents there are for this scenario, it doesn't seem like the judge would be able to make a real medical determination of the benefits/risks involved.

Oct 25, 2017
they can always kick the patient out and have the judge treat him. i don't know how a judge can force a doctor to give patients treatments they do no agree with. such decisions can be life and death and we don't need courts telling hospitals how to care for patients. especially if they are giving them bullshit quack medicine that is not gonna do anything to help and will likely just make it worse.

This would be my solution.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
That's ridiculous. Their little nonprofit is also ridiculous and despite having the typical warnings (educational use only, not a substitute for medical advice, etc) really tries to come off as legit.

Home

FLCCC is The Frontline COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance: Dedicated to COVID prevention & treatment, empowering individuals for better health.

Dangerous shit. They even have a peer-reviewed meta-analysis of ivermectin that concludes it has a statistically significant impact on long-term covid effects.
I made a huge post discussing how these fools operate. They are tied to America's Frontline Dr.'s (looney tunes right wing group).

www.resetera.com

Need some Hydroxychloroquine or Ivermectin? America's Frontline Doctors Online got you covered.

Ya'll know how popular Moo Juice is. Clamoring for Hydroxychloroquine or Ivermectin, some turn to a pro-Trump telemedicine website https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/ivermectin-demand-drives-trump-telemedicine-website-rcna1791

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I made a huge post discussing how these fools operate. They are tied to America's Frontline Dr.'s (looney tunes right wing group).

www.resetera.com

Need some Hydroxychloroquine or Ivermectin? America's Frontline Doctors Online got you covered.

Ya'll know how popular Moo Juice is. Clamoring for Hydroxychloroquine or Ivermectin, some turn to a pro-Trump telemedicine website https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/ivermectin-demand-drives-trump-telemedicine-website-rcna1791

I'll definitely check that out, I find this stuff almost as fascinating as it is horrifying. All these groups they hide behind to peddle complete nonsense.

Jun 22, 2019
Guarantee that the same dipshits whining about kids eating detergent pods years back are the ones eating deworming paste now.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
This sounds wrong? What if the patient dies while administering a drug that they know has harmfull affects?

Then she gets to sue the hospital twice!

Honestly, that's where I see this going.

Anti-vaxxers/maskers have been updating their conspiracy theories to now blame doctors when unvaccinated patients die of COVID-19. It's worrisome because I fear this will lead to (more) violence against medical officials.

For fuck's sakes, healthcare workers don't grow on trees. If you chase them all out of the profession, no one will be able to get treatment when they need it!

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
My wife is a pharmacist and says filling is 50/50 responsibility and last call is pharmacist. They have license and go by guidelines, and have denied obvious quack scripts.

This is a point that is lost on a lot of people, especially in hospital practice where many don't understand the role of pharmacy. Any medication ordered to be given in the hospital, with certain exception, must be reviewed and approved by a pharmacist. Even if crazy worm medicine doctor ordered ivermectin, I could refuse this order on grounds that it is unsafe and clinically inappropriate. If I sign off on the order and the patient goes on to be harmed, or to die, or really anything happens, I am liable to lawsuit and could have my license taken away depending on the findings.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I don't get it. Can't the judge say if that treatment is needed, then the patient has to be under that Outside doctors care…why does the hospital have to deal with this shit.

Legally say to discharge this fool and give him the dumbass drugs to take at home, since I'm assuming this quack doctor just does outpatient

zerocalories

Oct 28, 2017
California
This is a point that is lost on a lot of people, especially in hospital practice where many don't understand the role of pharmacy. Any medication ordered to be given in the hospital, with certain exception, must be reviewed and approved by a pharmacist. Even if crazy worm medicine doctor ordered ivermectin, I could refuse this order on grounds that it is unsafe and clinically inappropriate. If I sign off on the order and the patient goes on to be harmed, or to die, or really anything happens, I am liable to lawsuit and could have my license taken away depending on the findings.

To add to this, the nurse doesn't have to administer any medication they're don't feel comfortable with (for the most part)

So you need a quack doctor themselves to administer the medication and a quack pharmacist to dispense it

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
Just keeps getting crazier. No if he does they will say, it's because they didn't give it to him sooner and if he lives, more people will do this.

I don't live in Ohio but I know West Chester… because they have an Ikea.

Yeah. I have a few friends from West Chester. They've dealing with their anti-mask Trump-supporter family members for over a year now.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Assuming that the drug is useful as treatment for parasites, I wouldn't have expected a doctor to not know the difference between a parasite and a virus.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Republicans are worried about getting forced to take a vaccine but actually set legal precedent where you get forced to take horse dewormer.

If I were the hospital I would boot him out and refuse to treat him. He already had a doctor who wants to give him it. Let him handle it.

Well technically it isn't him who has asked for this treatment is it?

Laephis

Jun 25, 2021
It's not enough for these people to take up all our medical resources, they have to find more ways to burden society with their bullshit.

I just had to take my daughter to the ER (for something not related to COVID) and was told there was a 6 hour wait and that I should drive to another area hospital. Fuck these antivax shitheads to hell and back.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't know judges could just bypass med school to practice medicine.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Docs/Hospitals can flat out refuse patients then, right? It seems crazy to be like "Hey, I know I broke my finger, but please prescribe me morphine. Thats how I want to be treated."

nopressure

Oct 28, 2017
How can a random quack doctor dictate how an ICU treats its patient? Just bizarre.

I would (rightfully) lose my license in UK if I tried something like this.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Well Judges issue death penalties so at least they went through the appropriate channels

Oct 26, 2017
They should allow people to try putting a bullet through their skull, it could work at getting rid of the virus. Seriously, people are too god damn stupid.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, don't think this is even legal at all. Strange call for a judge to make over medical professionals. Glad it got changed.

ChubbyHuggs

Oct 27, 2017
Can she have Dr. Fred come and administer it since he's the one who prescribed it? That way the hospital isn't liable.

Javaman

Oct 31, 2017
www.wlwt.com

Judge denies request for West Chester Hospital to treat COVID-19 patient with Ivermectin

A Butler County judge has denied a preliminary injunction request that would have ordered West Chester hospital to treat a COVID-19 patient with Ivermectin, despite a CDC warning against it.

Update to the case. Judge ruled in favor of the hospital.
From the article... "The Smiths received a prescription for Ivermectin from Dr. Fred Wagshul, a pulmonologist out of Centerville. Wagshul said in a courtroom Thursday that he knew little about the patient at the time he wrote a prescription for Ivermectin."
This dic/doc should have his license removed.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
From the article... "The Smiths received a prescription for Ivermectin from Dr. Fred Wagshul, a pulmonologist out of Centerville. Wagshul said in a courtroom Thursday that he knew little about the patient at the time he wrote a prescription for Ivermectin."

This dic/doc should have his license removed.

Seems he's part of FLCCC. Absolutely.

Keyframe

Oct 29, 2017
Wait. Wait. Wait.

So, the pharmaceutical industry regulates what is taught in medical school. They set the standards on the most effective treatments individuals should receive for various conditions and diseases?

Question for you, because I'm just a dumb person that trusts my doctor who prescribed me my medication for my issues, is there a better way to treat my ADHD and manic bipolar issues as opposed to the medications I'm using? Also, I see a dermatologist who's treating me for a skin problem that could lead to cancer. Is the prescription he's giving me legit or should I consider the medication and treatment "quackery" and depend on a prayer circle and some herbs? Maybe a few crystals or essential oils?

Do you realize that what you wrote is dangerous and the exact type of logic that anti-vax people use to justify not getting vaccinated? I'm watching my state get eviscerated by Delta variant and you're saying that modern medicine is a type of quackery? What!?

Take two prayer warriors on facebook and some essential oils and call me in the morning.

Don't trust the BiG Ph$$$rmA! /s

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, just saw the update about this.

Ppl have literally lost their fucking minds over the pandemic. So glad this got reversed.

Jan 13, 2018
Can she have Dr. Fred come and administer it since he's the one who prescribed it? That way the hospital isn't liable.

In this news article, Judge Oster said that if Ivermectin is still to be used, it would have to be at a hospital where Dr Fred Wagshul could do it himself.

from linked article said:
Oster said Smith can be safely moved to a hospital where Wagshul has privileges if continued use of Ivermectin is desired.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
In an interview, Wagshul said the science behind Ivermectin's use in COVID-19 patients is "irrefutable." The CDC and FDA engaged in a "conspiracy," he said, to block its use to protect the FDA's emergency use authorization for COVID-19 vaccines. He said the mainstream media and social media companies have been engaging in "censorship" on Ivermectin's merits, and that the U.S. government's refusal to acknowledge its benefits amounts to genocide.

"If we were a country looking at another country allowing those [COVID-19] deaths daily … we would have been screaming, 'Genocide!'" he said.

This dude is a fucking doctor...