• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AMC Theatres just announced that they are going to have special promotions for their stockholders and their first special promotion for stockholders is they will be eligible for a free large popcorn:

LEAWOOD, KANSAS - (June 02, 2021) -- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AMC) ("AMC" or "the Company"), announced today that it is launching AMC Investor Connect, an innovative, proactive communication initiative that will put AMC in direct communication with its extraordinary base of enthusiastic and passionate individual shareholders to keep them up to date about important company information and to provide them with special offers. Over the last several months, AMC has seen its retail shareholder base grow beyond 3 million owners. With this sizable number of retail shareholders, AMC is taking a groundbreaking new approach to investor relations and investor communications.

AMC Investor Connect launches in conjunction with the preliminary proxy statement for AMC's July 29 annual meeting of shareholders, which is expected to be filed publicly on June 3, 2021.

Commenting on this novel step of creating a communication platform to directly reach the millions of AMC's shareholders, AMC CEO and President Adam Aron said, "AMC Investor Connect will put our Company in direct communication with a retail investor shareholder base that owned more than 80% of AMC at last count. Many of our investors have demonstrated support and confidence in AMC. We intend to communicate often with these investors, and from time to time provide them with special benefits at our theatres. We start with a free large popcorn on us, when they attend their first movie at an AMC theatre this summer."

Aron added, "During my five-plus year tenure as CEO at AMC, I've taken great pride in the relationships I have forged with AMC's owners. With AMC Investor Connect, that effort in relationship building will continue apace even if our shareholders now number in the millions. After all, these people are the owners of AMC, and I work for them."

Beginning today, shareholders can sign up to receive special offers and investor updates by registering at amctheatres.com/stockholders. Investors who sign up starting today and in the coming weeks will be awarded with an initial free large popcorn usable this summer when attending a movie at an AMC theatre in the United States. The offer will be made available in their AMC Stubs rewards account.

Investor benefits through AMC Investor Connect include:

· Shareholder-exclusive promotions, including free or discounted items, and invitations to special screenings.
· Communications directly from CEO & President of AMC Theatres, Adam Aron.
· Other interesting information about AMC and its place in the movie eco-system.

Here's the AMC Theatres site for redeeming this offer of a free large popcorn:

AMC Investor Connect (amctheatres.com)

The Verge has also reported on this shareholder promo program:

AMC is giving free popcorn away to meme stonk investors - The Verge

June 2, 2021

Look, when the internet learns a new trick — like it did in January, with GameStop — it's a pretty safe bet that people will play the trick again. So AMC is through the roof right now: it touched $72.62, a 91 percent increase from its open and an all-time high. That's because AMC has embraced the trolls, and now the stock price is going brrr.

AMC announced today that it was creating AMC Investor Connect, "an innovative, proactive communication initiative that will put AMC in direct communication with its extraordinary base of enthusiastic and passionate individual shareholders to keep them up to date about important company information and to provide them with special offers." This represents "a groundbreaking new approach" to communicating with retail investors, the company says. It's a shame they didn't put a bunch of rocket emojis in the announcement — after all, there's no need to be coy. We all know exactly who AMC is speaking to, and if they sign up today, they're getting free popcorn. I can't make this shit up.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bribing retail to hodl with popcorn, we have reached NeoStageCapitalism

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't theaters already do like a 500% markup on popcorn in their concession stands anyway?

They could at least also throw in a free drink. Cheap bastards...

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
457.gif

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Don't theaters already do like a 500% markup on popcorn in their concession stands anyway?

They could at least also throw in a free drink. Cheap bastards...

Thats what cracks me up in a way. Pay 50$ for a share, so you can get a 8$ popcorn free?
FmrnEcZ.png

Bruh. Thats so brazen I cant help but laugh. They are desperate for this to keep going as long as possible. They are legit being given a longer lifeline by this madness.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Thats what cracks me up in a way. Pay 50$ for a share, so you can get a 8$ popcorn free?
FmrnEcZ.png

Bruh. Thats so brazen I cant help but laugh. They are desperate for this to keep going as long as possible. They are legit being given a longer lifeline by this madness.

what? more like the CEO is enjoying the year he's having vs the one he was going to have and is just playing to the amc crowd. This reeks of some FOMO

no one is expecting people to buy in for a free popcorn

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
FmrnEcZ.png

I made over 3k from these stocks and I'm still holding several. Sounds like you just missed out and don't get free popcorn on top of that

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
no one is expecting people to buy in for a free popcorn

I read the articles linked:

We all know exactly who AMC is speaking to, and if they sign up today, they're getting free popcorn. I can't make this shit up.

And thats what Im responding to, And yeah, I definitely think this is a play on the whole hype thing. I thought as much would be obvious.

I made over 3k from these stocks and I'm still holding several. Sounds like you just missed out and don't get free popcorn on top of that

Im not even sure what this post means when my first word in this thread was to cheer at how much money early holders are making. Feels like some of yall dont read the whole thread man. Congrats on your gains though anyway I guess, lol.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
There's no confirmation at all btw. Just signed into my Stubs account, clicked "Yes, I'd like to join the Shareholder program for a free popcorn", and that's it. No linking to a broker or anything.

Trust

Jun 10, 2018
FmrnEcZ.png

Bruh I paid $9 dollars for a share. I'll gladly take the free popcorn

ThatRebel

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Man I should've bought some stock back when I worked at AMC in 2005-06. Oh well. I guess I'll be happy with the literal trash bags full of fresh popcorn I took home at the end of the night.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We'll see more of this as investing continues to become more and more common among regular folk. There's no need to just appeal to the millionaire/billionaire investors when anyone with a smartphone can invest in your company within 5 mins.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
We'll see more of this as investing continues to become more and more common among regular folk. There's no need to just appeal to the millionaire/billionaire investors when anyone with a smartphone can invest in your company within 5 mins.

One of the reasons I try to "like" Robinhood despite all the terrible stuff I keep hearing about their technical difficulties. It really made it so much more accessible to more people. I think thats a net positive for sure.