• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Guess the Review Score

• 95+

Votes: 42 3.3%
  • 90-94

Votes: 192 15.2%
  • 85-89

Votes: 592 46.8%
  • 80-84

Votes: 366 28.9%
  • < 80

Votes: 73 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Opencritic: 86 (50 reviews)
Metacritic: 86 (43 reviews)

• Everyeye.it: 8 / 10
    The pulsating heart of the product is in fact also represented by the wanderings of the hero through the brilliant licenses Disney and Pixar, capable of supporting and embellishing a fresco so undoubtedly epic but also imperfect, wounded by the gears of time. If we add to the recipe a frenetic and engaging combat system, the final result, in which the two souls of the crossover are mixed, therefore takes on a pleasantly bittersweet flavor.

• Cerealkillerz: 8 / 10
    Kingdom Hearts 3 continues to inspire despite a lot of carelessly inserted new disney worlds and attractions. Even when the game doesn't hold up to the expectations after this long wait, fans will still get a worthy conclusion and the solid action-rpg gameplay is still good enough to hook up newcomers.

• PowerUp!: 9,1 / 10
    Square Enix are masters at world-building and it really shows in Kingdom Hearts 3. It's a truly epic game and well worth your time. Especially if you're already a fan.

• GamePro: 90 / 100
    All in all, Kingdom Hearts 3 is already one of the best games for me personally in 2019. Because of the childhood memories, the staging, the fun fights and the great mix of epic square fantasy and the winking Disney style.

• LevelUp: 8,8 / 10
    Without a doubt, Kingdom Hearts is a satisfactory chapter in one of the most beloved JRPG franchise. It has some problems that could have been ironed out, but it still a great and magical experience that can be enjoyed by fans and newcomers alike. It was worth the long wait.

• Atomix: 90 / 100
    The wait for KH3 was very long, but believe me when I tell you that it was really worth it.

• The Games Machine: 9,5 / 10
    Kingdom Hearts 3 succeeds in the difficult task of being up to the expectations, without shaking up its foundations but improving on the strenghts of the previous chapters. Spectacular in the artistic direction, exhilarating in the fights and fulfilling on the narrative side, to be fully appreciated Kingdom Hearts 3 requires however that its public is aware of the intricate background of the saga. After waiting for so many years, recommending the last adventure of Sora, Donald and Goofy would only be a negligible formality.

• IGN Italy: 9 / 10
    Visually stunning, Kingdom Hearts III it's all about being cool while delivering us the best conclusion for a long-time series.

• Polygon: No Score
    Kingdom Hearts 3 ends the series with a whimper.

• Spaziogames: 8 / 10
    It is the triumph of the whole saga, with a story woven meticulously from chapter to chapter

• GameSpot: 8 / 10
    Sora, Donald, and Goofy return in Kingdom Hearts 3, and while their story may be hard to follow, it's a fun one to experience nonetheless.

• IGN: 8.7 / 10
    Kingdom Hearts 3 is a fulfilling evolution and resolution of the franchise that shows it's still full of heart.

• USGamer: 4,5 / 5
    For all the new in Kingdom Hearts 3, there is plenty of the old too. The action combat is more satisfying than it's ever been, even if it's a tad easy to skate through the main storyline. For longtime fans of the series, all those emotional payoffs that have been building for 17 years await. For newcomers, buckle up: because you're in for a wild ride of bonkers Disney interactions and some exciting boss battles.

• GamesBeat: 90 / 100
    The Disney side is still the best side of Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts III nails that part. But even it's story, as ridiculous as it is, gives fans emotional moments and satisfaction. I wouldn't say it's better than Kingdom Hearts or Kingdom Hearts II, but Kingdom Hearts III is magical enough to resonate with this big Disney geek.

• GamesRadar+: 4 / 5
    Still madder than a box of frogs, but its magical Disney charms make it worth the long wait

• Game Informer: 9,5 / 10
    With higher stakes, Kingdom Hearts III is a lot of spectacle in the best way possible. It isn't afraid to go big, but it also doesn't forget what made fans fall in love in the first place

• Press Start: 9 / 10
    Kingdom Hearts III takes the series to astonishing new heights. With exhilarating combat, fantastic Disney worlds and a smart approach to an unavoidably convoluted story, it does everything it needs to not only please hardcore fans but anyone up for a solid action JRPG. Against all odds, this might be the perfect Kingdom Hearts game.

• Hobby Consolas: 95 / 100
    This is it, the epic, emotional and satisfying conclusion to one of gaming most beloved series. Kingdom Hearts III is everything we could had hoped for (and even more), but it's biggest achievement is that, even by today's standards, it's a one of a kind experience that can only be described using one word: magic.

Last edited:

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
84-87 is my guess

Story stuff will be the main criticism - though a lot of criticisms will be vague due to them coming from third act developments.

Combat, Disney stuff, visuals - those will get plenty of praise.

I think the group that will be the hardest on this are people who played KHI and KHII and nothing else. People who have never played one will probably give good scores and just say they're confused. KH hardcore fans will love a lot of this game, but will have some of the harshest criticisms.

Goro Majima

Oct 29, 2017
85-89. I'm sure it will be great. But I'm also sure that many reviewers will give the score without even finish the game.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
88 MC. Gameplay, graphics and crossover element will be strong enough to overcome any narrative shortcomings.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Think 85-89 is pretty safe based on what I've seen. There is some ridiculously impressive stuff, though it remains to be seen how newcomers react to the story.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Voted 90-94.

Do reviewers have early access to the secret ending and epilogue? They won't be up until after the game officially release.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Final Fantasy XV got an 81 on PS4 (83 on Xbox). I don't anticipate KHIII will be quite as rough as that game was at launch, but I also think expectations are a little higher at this point in the generation as well, so I'm going to go with 81-83 as my guess for KHIII as well. A lot of 8s and 8.5s with a few 9s.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
If KH2 got an 87 in those early years where it was easier to get a 10. KH3 is going to end up on an 85 88 unless it does something unexpected.

Edit: Looking at KH2's reviews, I think it might score a bit higher. Gameplay side of things definitely look improved and diverse. Is the story that will make it or break it for KH3.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Looking at the series review history, I'm definitely feeling low 80s. Regardless of how well it seems to look and play, I think the glorious clusterfuck of dumb melodrama in the story and characters will keep it around that sort of area.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018

I do hope it gets higher but that number is what comes to my head.

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
78-83

From what I've played in one of the demos at a gaming expo it feels like more of the same with a fresh coat of paint which most likely means that it'll fair as well as previous releases amongst game reviewers.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
Apparently a lot of 'smaller' review outlets didn't receive a review copy. I also had the message from Square that I have to wait at least a few more days on my review copy. So chances are we won't get that many reviews out there on thursday.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
80-84 is what I believe, I expect tons of reviewers to bring the score down because of not knowing the story, apart from that it will be praised for everything else.

TheManWhoSoldVG

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 30, 2018
80 - 84 is where im at, I know a couple of people who have been playing this for a couple of days and they all have compared it to FFXV vanilla content wise......

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
I would see low 80s as a disappointment for a AAA game that was in development for 6+ years. Below 80s I would consider the game a creative failure.

Last edited:

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all are nuts expecting high 80's, low 80's or high 70's for me.

Can't wait myself though, it's gonna be a personal 9/10 I think.