• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

What do you think this is about? Multiplayer mode? Companion App maybe???

Thanks to twitter user french stranding for finding this

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, but I am sure somebody is producing a 5 hour long video about how this proves the game is really MGS6 or something as we speak.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
I don't think it's multiplayer. Might be companion app and in-game system that has to do with your friends live stats or something

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I'm expecting 'Social Strand System' to be some sort of gimmicky name to contextualise the multiplayer aspect of Death Stranding.

Who knows for Strand Game.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i just want the damn game. just stealth drop it. no previews no gameplay footage. announce it's coming out next week

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I love it when Kojima makes up gaming terms. Nothing will ever beat transfarring though.

It definitely means multiplayer. He's been describing the game works like something similar to Dark Souls' invasion system since it was announced.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Maybe this is an early 2020 game and there'll be a blowout at E3 and TGS this year. Companion app, spin-off mobile game, maybe even AR shit like Pokemon GO. Kojima is crazy the possibilities are endless!!!!

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I am very interested to see whatever bizarre and unique "social features" Kojima has cooked up for this game.

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
They're finally implementing S3, been looking forward to it since it was aannounced over a decade ago. Exciting times ahead

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Strands... Touching strands...
Reaching out, touching me, touching you...

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
SMOKIN SOCIAL STRAND STYLE

dO8N5Ng.png

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
It will be a companion app where you can buy and sell boxes, or offer your services to move them for money.

nu_faust

Oct 27, 2017
Smt
I totally expect to be given a call in the middle of the night, told to put on the AR glasses that somehow magically appears on my nightstand, form a dream hunter group with my friends' friends on facebook, trying to emotionally bound with demons in the streets with my party & write a thesis on existentialism on my new kojimabook network to see the real ending.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Death Standing is directly tied to Tencent's Social Credit system... Confirmed! The game is going to be all about walking around and censoring any mention of Winnie the Pooh from Chinese Internet. Invisible enemies will be anti-CCP delinquents. You will also deliver necessities to re-education camps. The game will get positive review bombs on Steam..

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Death Standing is directly tied to Tencent's Social Credit system... Confirmed! The game is going to be all about walking around and censoring any mention of Winnie the Pooh from Chinese Internet. Invisible enemies will be anti-CCP delinquents. You will also deliver necessities to re-education camps. The game will get positive review bombs on Steam..
giphy.gif

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I remember reading somewhere the game will require "social media integration" to advance certain areas, kinda like MGSV's nuclear disarmament mechanic?

Should be interesting, can't knock Kojima for trying new stuff.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
You and 99 other couriers go in, all of you have a parcel to deliver and whoever is first to deliver their parcel wins.

We call it the Social Strand System.

Edit- God dammit

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
So SSS, Solid Snake Simulation, Selection for Societal Sanity and now Social Strand System. Kojima likes the SSS.