• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And has committed several instances of voter fraud. I had a solid chuckle from this one.

www.politico.com

Burning the midnight oil: Eric Adams’ mysterious whereabouts off the campaign trail

The mayoral hopeful has been staying overnight and keeping late-night and early-morning hours in the government building where he and his staff work, according to POLITICO’s recent observations.
Indeed, the borough president owns a three-unit rowhouse in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, and a co-op in Fort Lee, N.J. that he bought with his partner.

He also purchased a co-op in Prospect Heights with someone in 1992, and continues to list that property on official records, even though he says he hasn't lived there in almost 10 years. He included that address on registration forms for his current mayoral and 2017 borough president campaigns, though his staff also added his Bed-Stuy property to the 2021 campaign form.

For starters, Adams is registered to vote on the first floor of 936 Lafayette Ave., yet a tenant who has lived there for years is listed under the same unit in multiple documents obtained by POLITICO. And last month, the publication City Limits reported that most of Adams' neighbors did not know he lived on their block, or that he is running for mayor.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, he's NYPD. Of course he doesn't live in NYC lmao.

The only surprise here is it's NJ and not Nassau County.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

4SPIo6A.png

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
😂

please come Kathryn Garcia. This is a clown and cop no less.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty much. Wish it was Wiley but it fucking Stringer is still polling ahead of her I don't know if she has a chance. Just not Adams or Yang plz
I think he'll win due to the rising crime rate. I do think handling the crime rate is important, but I don't like panic voting. That's his only real appeal right now. And I'm tired of cops. They already run the city carte blanche.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I haven't lived to see a competent NYC mayor, and I do not think this race will change that.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
god, I'm so glad I left. I honestly don't know how I'd vote. this election is such shit and embarrassing for new york. more than normal...

I love NYC but not participating in this shitshow

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
lmao. voting for deblasio was such a dumb thing I did in 2017. I mean nobody was really running against him but still. such a failure...
BdB is an interesting candidate, even looking back.

His rise was a response to the Gilded Age of Luxury Condos ushered by Bloomberg. There have always been two cities in NY - the rich, the credentialed, those that power finance, big law, university teaching hospitals, and such.

And then the underpaid service class that deals with super high rents--if you go by their income. Those high rents lead to many people under one roof in tiny apartments--a big reason COVID was so deadly in NYC. Same in LA, where many of the immigrant service class also crowded in apartments-due to expensive rent.

OP
OP
PanickyFool

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BdB is an interesting candidate, even looking back.

His rise was a response to the Gilded Age of Luxury Condos ushered by Bloomberg. There have always been two cities in NY - the rich, the credentialed, those that power finance, big law, university teaching hospitals, and such.

And then the underpaid service class that deals with super high rents--if you go by their income. Those high rents lead to many people under one roof in tiny apartments--a big reason COVID was so deadly in NYC.
And yet so many NYers still:
-"But the village, UES, UWS, Tribeca, Brooklyn Heights, Parkslope, need to protect their character!"
-"We cannot build more homes because it will increase rent!"
-"Housing for whom?"
-"Cannot have developers make profit off of building homes!"
-"Cannot have a non-profit build homes, the government should!"
-"Save our vacant lot!"

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
my condolences to New Yorkers but the clown car of candidates this race has been enormously entertaining

Oct 27, 2017
Two front-runners are bozos.

After Dianne Morales's terrible flameout, I'm hopefully for Maya Riley, who's gaining ground!

Anything but the two dorks in the lead right now.

Oct 29, 2017
And yet so many NYers still:
-"But the village, UES, UWS, Tribeca, Brooklyn Heights, Parkslope, need to protect their character!"
-"We cannot build more homes because it will increase rent!"
-"Housing for whom?"
-"Cannot have developers make profit off of building homes!"
-"Cannot have a non-profit build homes, the government should!"
-"Save our vacant lot!"

Ah, yes, the champagne liberals/progressives-in-theory.

OP
OP
PanickyFool

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's Garcia's pitch? At this point she's going on my ballet but I'm not sure where to rank here because her campaign message doesn't seem to have a message idk
Her pitch is basically "The mayor of NY cannot solve massive wealth inequality or provide international justice, but they can affect traffic and trash collection."

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Her pitch is basically "The mayor of NY cannot solve massive wealth inequality or provide international justice, but they can affect traffic and trash collection."
I mean, she's right. That was BdB problem, along with his insane Presidential push lol.

What's funny is how BdB always talked about Climate Change and the guy took a motorcade daily to his Park Slope Gym. Hey, asshole, New York as tons of gym, go to one near City Hall. Or hey, take the subway if you care about the environment.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, she's right. That was BdB problem, along with his insane Presidential push lol.

What's funny is how BdB always talked about Climate Change and the guy took a motorcade daily to his Park Slope Gym. Hey, asshole, New York as tons of gym, go to one near City Hall. Or hey, take the subway if you care about the environment.
I just want affordable housing and for the cops to killing niggas