• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
https://deadline.com/2021/09/paramount-plus-showtime-streaming-bundle-viacomcbs-1234841480/

ViacomCBS has officially begun marketing Paramount+ and Showtime's streaming service as a combined offering, with an initial promotion starting at $10 a month.

Until midnight on October 20, subscribers can pay $10 for the ad-supported tier (with limited ads on select Paramount+ programming) or $13 for the ad-free option. As stand-alones, the two tiers of Paramount+ currently cost $5 and $10, while Showtime is at $11.

ViacomCBS has been clear about its intention to pursue a range of bundles, which has been a successful strategy for Disney during the recent streaming boom. Internationally, it set a joint venture last month with Comcast for SkyShowtime in Europe. Its streaming portfolio also includes targeted services Noggin and BET+, but neither is included in a bundle as of yet.

his powerhouse bundle gives us the opportunity to connect ViacomCBS' diverse and differentiated cross-genre content slate with even more consumers," ViacomCBS streaming CEO Tom Ryan said. "Paramount+ and Showtime are both experiencing tremendous growth and momentum, and we expect this competitively priced bundle to only further expand the reach of both services."

In reporting its second-quarter earnings over the summer, ViacomCBS said its total streaming subscriber base increased by 6.5 billion in the quarter, surpassing 42 million. It has not provided a breakout of individual numbers. Paramount+, an expansion and rebranding of the six-year-old CBS All Access, is a cornerstone of the overall streaming effort.

The company also has overhauled its executive suite recently as it increasingly prioritizes streaming. Paramount Pictures chairman and CEO Jim Gianopulos is exiting, with Nickelodeon chief Brian Robbins taking the reins with plans to amp up the legacy studio's efforts to supply Paramount+ with original titles.

I still think they should just have Showtime content in Paramount+ like HBO Max is HBO + Warner Bros content, but whatever.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So many of these streaming services are going to go tits up, there's too many, subbing to a bunch is more than overpriced cable a few years back.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. If youre going to show ads, then it better be free. I might consider $5 with ads but $10 is way too much.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
So many of these streaming services are going to go tits up, there's too many, subbing to a bunch is more than overpriced cable a few years back.
yeh, i know everyone sees streaming as the future, but how many of these services will actually be around in 5 years? a lot of these companies are just burning through mountains of cash trying to keep up with one another with original content, but at some point theyre gonna dig themselves into a hole they cant get out of.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, not that good of a deal especially when they are trying to go against the big players.

RadicalR

Oct 27, 2017
Also does anyone know where this deal is supposed to be offered? Looked on their site and didn't see anything.

Oct 25, 2017
im still riding off that mistake they made a while back where you could get an entire year for ten bucks
after that ends im never coming back

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Got in on that cheap sports line deal for paramount. I've used the service occasionally. It's my 3rd most used service after Disney plus and Hulu.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
The fact they never included Showtime to P+ feels really stupid compared to HBO Max