• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I expect a very good cast, perhaps a very good score, and appalling dialogue and robotic exposition that kills the whole thing.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
The twist is someone in the filming crew knocked on the cabin door by accident and all the characters discover they're in a Night Shyamalan horror film.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I thought the numbers / date were the name of the film... which kinda would be cool

11-22-63.jpg

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I thought this was one of those 11/11/11-type shit movies.
But apparently it's just an M. Night-type shit movie.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Having no details on what this is I assume this will be terrible and that I will be seeing it day one.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I liked Split and Glass. Old haven't seen but didn't seem to get good reviews. Maybe this one will be good.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Knock at the Cabin Door |OT| The 13th film by M. Night Shyamalan

If Tarantino can get away with that meaninglessness, so can Night.

Dear God, OLD was awful. Please be good.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The twist is that his older self is at the door and spent the while movie trying to warn him away from fucking up his life

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
The twist is that his older self is at the door and spent the while movie trying to warn him away from fucking up his life

My money's on it being inside his head. Not just the knocking, but the door. And he Being John Malcovich's himself and becomes trapped in his own father and the film ends with him being a sperm, beginning his own life and so the very cycle begins anew; and it's revealed that this Malcoviching->sperm process happens to us all and the credits have the sound of knocking so we the audience think it's beginning for us rn!

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
He just started story boarding it and with Servant and a new movie he's personally funding, he's probably giving himself lead time.

His whole self-fund his films thing since The Visit has massively paid off for him financially, all of them have been successful and Split and Glass did particularly big numbers. I don't know what the cut of the gross is for a self-funded film and a distributor but I imagine it's very high for a director.

So he's got his little pipeline set up as he pleases really. For better and for worse.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
His whole self-fund his films thing since The Visit has massively paid off for him financially, all of them have been successful and Split and Glass did particularly big numbers. I don't know what the cut of the gross is for a self-funded film and a distributor but I imagine it's very high for a director.

So he's got his little pipeline set up as he pleases really. For better and for worse.
pretty much, he spends a couple million and almost always makes back a sizable return, pretty much just on name and word of mouth, doesn't even need to dump a whole lot of money into marketing

he made Split for like 10 mil and that grossed fucking 280 million, he can fund like ten more films off that alone

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
"Hi, I'm Trent. This is Idlib. What are your names, and what do you do for a living?"

"Oh, well, I'm Sophia Watson. I'm a chef."

"I'm Greg Mitchell, I'm a cop."

"Cool."

"And I'm Malin Mitchell, I'm a dancer."

"Wow, that's cool. Okay, bye!"

- Old, 2021