• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Well ... the internet did it again:

Mariya Takeuchi's Plastic Love Single to be re-released with iconic cover art of Sweetest Music.

Context:

Most people think of two iconic things when you mention Mariya Takeuchi:

#1 Plastic Love

#2 this single cover art of Sweetest Music

LcMs8sO.jpg

The cover art of Variety, where Plastic Love initially came from, is so joyless compared to the one of Sweetest Music. It's almost unfair to compare them. It's a good move in my book. So Warner went with the flow, which is sort of funny and also kinda neat.

Physical fans can rejoice, you don't have to pay 200 bucks for a 700 yen single anymore ;)

Release details:

2021年11月3日(水)発売
「プラスティック・ラブ」
12インチ・シングル・アナログ・レコード(完全生産限定盤)
WPJL-10152 ¥2,310(税込)

《Side. A》
プラスティック・ラブ(Extended Club Mix)
《Side. B》
プラスティック・ラブ(Original Version)

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
Where's the best place to order this? I found it on Amazon JP but Amazon global shipping wants over 10k jpy to ship to USA.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Really amazing how this song just turned into a sensation thanks to winding up in people's YouTube autoplay over 30 years later.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
It cuts off too much of her hair and the text placement is a little distracting. Loses the magic.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Youtube pushes this song so hard I almost feel like there was some engineer fanboy that fiddled with the algorithm.

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
I've heard the song and listened to it a lot. Never heard of or seen that cover art until today though.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
I love this song but I agree YouTube pushed it to the point of almost killing it. OT: that is definitely much better cover art, good move.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Owners of the original single must be happy this isn't a direct re-release. Saw some auctions getting up to ridiculous prices. People picking this one up may also wonder why it isn't 7+ minutes long.

I'm more interested in picking up Variety/Request but will keep an eye out to see if they pop up anywhere else. They also need to reissue some Tats

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I started listening to this last year

After searching for more City pop after listening to weeknd's after hours soundtrack

Got this on my Apple Music playlist - so much 🔥

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how I can buy this and get it to the UK
I don't think that shipping quote is accurate but Amazon has it in stock:

Amazon.co.jp: 【Amazon.co.jp限定】PLASTIC LOVE (アナログ盤) (完全生産限定盤) (メガジャケ付 ※商品ジャケットとは別絵柄使用) [Analog]: Music

Amazon.co.jp: 【Amazon.co.jp限定】PLASTIC LOVE (アナログ盤) (完全生産限定盤) (メガジャケ付 ※商品ジャケットとは別絵柄使用) [Analog]: Music

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think that shipping quote is accurate but Amazon has it in stock:

Shipping itself was 8649 yen.

So I can't justify it sadly.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
This will probably get like a Record Store Day release. It's prime material for the audience that participates in RSD.