• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
The convenient thing is, the branching, many-worlds type interpretation of that they cemented in Endgame still doesn't preclude the existence of predestination paradox loops. They can be easily reconciled if people don't like the interpretation of Steve only being happy in a different timeline.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Tobey Maguire just reactivated his Twitter account.

OH SHIT...
8bc.gif

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So Kevin Feige is the one who's pushing for a theater-only release for Black Widow according to Variety:

According to insiders, that's partially because Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige, the lead architect behind the meticulously constructed Marvel Cinematic Universe, was opposed to a hybrid rollout. Having produced many of the studio's highest-grossing movies, including "Avengers: Infinity War" and "Avengers: Endgame," Feige's opinion certainly carries considerable weight at Disney. But that doesn't mean the powers that be can't eventually convince Feige to change his mind — or overrule him completely.

variety.com

‘Black Widow’ vs. ‘F9’: Which Summer Blockbuster Will Blink First?

"Black Widow" and "F9" are poised to kick off summer moviegoing season. Yet it's unlikely either will actually arrive on schedule.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Posting a hit and run as I've not watched Wandavision today. But it got me rewatching some MCU movies and just finished endgame again. Still get tears in my eye with Tony and Cap at the end. Timeline though - wouldn't Thanos have created a branch when he came forward and then died, meaning he was never in the 2014-19 period? I know - timey wimey.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Posting a hit and run as I've not watched Wandavision today. But it got me rewatching some MCU movies and just finished endgame again. Still get tears in my eye with Tony and Cap at the end. Timeline though - wouldn't Thanos have created a branch when he came forward and then died, meaning he was never in the 2014-19 period? I know - timey wimey.
Sure, he was never in 'his' 2014-eternity.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
So Kevin Feige is the one who's pushing for a theater-only release for Black Widow according to Variety:

variety.com

"Black Widow" and "F9" are poised to kick off summer moviegoing season. Yet it's unlikely either will actually arrive on schedule.

I understand. I think he's been fighting for the Black Widow movie to be a thing for a very long time and it would be difficult to not have it be a major theater event would be a shame for him, for Johannsen, for everyone involved. But its ultimately going to come down to whether Disney is would be willing to delay it further for a theatrical only release. And if the movie needs to be out at a certain point so it doesnt spoil anything airing on Disney+ this year.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
The weekly TV format fits the MCU like a glove. It brings me back to the days I used to read a new issue and then eagerly wait the continuation. It's literally like going through a comic book arc, I love it!

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017

variety.com

Damn Feige...I'm a big fan of the guy, but I hope he understands how many lives he could be saving if he supports a hybrid release.
Take a loss for once, and come back strong after all this mess is over. The MCU brand can easily sustain itself with a small loss like a hybrid release.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Damn Feige...I'm a big fan of the guy, but I hope he understands how many lives he could be saving if he supports a hybrid release.
Take a loss for once, and come back strong after all this mess is over. The MCU brand can easily sustain itself with a small loss like a hybrid release.
I get it, but if he's fine delaying the movie then I don't see a problem. If he tries to rush it out AND insists on theaters-only, then that's a really bad decision.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

variety.com

I think the solution is simple. Either delay the movie (and the whole 2021 release state) to 2022 or release it this year on streaming. The pandemic will only stabilize by the end of the year even if we are talking about the US market only.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I think the solution is simple. Either delay the movie (and the whole 2021 release state) to 2022 or release it this year on streaming. The pandemic will only stabilize by the end of the year even if we are talking about the US market only.
There can't be any more delays, they are gone run the shit though, the issue is where it fits in the timeline. No one wants to do a hybrid release but honestly, just say fuck it.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I was actually thinking not that long ago that a cool idea for a Captain Marvel 2 villain could be a gender-swapped Korvac.

Either way, totally looking forward to whoever Zawe plays!

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Is Ms. Marvel still filming because we haven't seen any BTS stuff aside from the first shots, I assume it's because they are isolating a la Wandavision and Loki

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I think Wandavision will bring in a lot of new viewers to the MCU. I hear a ton of positive buzz about it from people who weren't following the movies beyond a casual watch here and there.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
I think Wandavision will bring in a lot of new viewers to the MCU. I hear a ton of positive buzz about it from people who weren't following the movies beyond a casual watch here and there.

I'm currently going through the MCU with my wife who is seeing the vast majority of the films for the first time purely because she's enjoying WandaVision so much (despite still not seeing any of the films the two characters show up in).

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I'm currently going through the MCU with my wife who is seeing the vast majority of the films for the first time purely because she's enjoying WandaVision so much (despite still not seeing any of the films the two characters show up in).

Yup, I've heard several similar stories. How is she finding the movies so far?

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, I've heard several similar stories. How is she finding the movies so far?
She's enjoying so far! Last film we watched was Thor: The Dark World...which yeeeeeah. It wasn't until Iron Man 3 that she clocked that JARVIS sounds just like Vision, so she has her own theory on what happens there.

I'm looking forward to getting Age of Ultron done as that'll be where the start of all the callbacks in WV begin, and so it'll be good for her to start to fill in any blanks she had with the show.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
She's enjoying so far! Last film we watched was Thor: The Dark World...which yeeeeeah. It wasn't until Iron Man 3 that she clocked that JARVIS sounds just like Vision, so she has her own theory on what happens there.

I'm looking forward to getting Age of Ultron done as that'll be where the start of all the callbacks in WV begin, and so it'll be good for her to start to fill in any blanks she had with the show.

Yeah, Age of Ultron and Civil War is where she will really start filling in the blanks of Wanda and Vision's backstory.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel are looking for Mayan actors for Black Panther 2. Murphy's Multiverse backs up the report.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I can see why someone would want to hold out for a theatrical release, especially for Black Widow specifically. I'm sure they feel like they owe this to ScarJo. Feige's wanted her to have a solo movie since forever, and it's only coming a decade late, and I'm sure he wants to do right by her.

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I can see why someone would want to hold out for a theatrical release, especially for Black Widow specifically. I'm sure they feel like they owe this to ScarJo. Feige's wanted her to have a solo movie since forever, and it's only coming a decade late, and I'm sure he wants to do right by her.

Probably got a B.O. Gross clause attached to the movie as well, so probably trying to make sure she gets her pay day on her 1 and only title MCU film.

and of course Feige trying to keep that $Billion B.O. Gross streak/average alive.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

Zawe Ashton is going to play the villain in Captain Marvel 2.

I'm probably the only person who thinks it's going to be Una-Rogg, Yon-Rogg's daughter.

marvel.fandom.com

Una-Rogg (Earth-616)

5 appearance(s) of Una-Rogg (Earth-616) 2 mention(s) of Una-Rogg (Earth-616) 1 mention(s) in handbook(s) of Una-Rogg (Earth-616) 7 image(s) of Una-Rogg (Earth-616)

She has ties to Captain Marvel/Genis-Vell. If Marvel Studios are insane enough to bring in Genis-Vell then we'll have three Captain Marvel's in one movie.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
How realistic can it be for GOTG Vol. 3 to be a loose adaptation of Annihilation?

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Doing a MCU rewatch i noticed this in The Incredible Hulk:

dwNjC5B.png

Wonder if they will reference it in FatWS

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Is there really no place to stream Homecoming without renting it? I could've sworn it used to be on Starz but now they have only FFH?

Status
Not open for further replies.