• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Thank you for Reddit for this

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d5nyEGDp_A&ab_channel=SacAnime

Tease for Co-Op and "Symbiotes Everywhere" 5:00

Tease Miles character development and "getting creative with his webs" 15:30

Actors breaking gaming NDAs. Iconic duo

Insomniac in the past said that the game would not have Co-Op.

"We're so thrilled to continue the journey of both Peter Parker and Miles Morales in their most epic single-player adventure yet, coming exclusively to PlayStation 5 consoles in 2023."

Ryan Schneider – Head of Franchise Strategy & Studio Relations, Insomniac Games

Could be just swapping characters most likely. He is not clear in the interview

No Co-OP

View: https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1660732829934964736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1660732829934964736%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Please don't do the Web of Shadows thing again, Insomniac. Please don't make symbiote goo wind up everywhere in NYC.

BRVR

Mar 9, 2022
God damn I hope Co-Op isn't a big focus i absolutely despise multiplayer. Please no.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I'm pretty sure Insomnaic asserted that the game would just be single player back when it was announced; I'd love if they're able to add co-op in a satisfying way though.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Co-op would be awesome. Looking forward to seeing the game regardless.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Co-op is the one thing that would excite me the most. As said, I recall insomniac said it wouldn't be there though.
So if there is co-op, I imagine it's just an arena thing after release.

The idea of you and your friend both being spider-man and doing story missions and stuff is just too cool of an idea for a dev to actually do.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
co-op implemetation sounds cool in paper but need to see it in action tho.

Insom has my vote of confidence so I know it will be fun

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't do the Web of Shadows thing again, Insomniac. Please don't make symbiote goo wind up everywhere in NYC.
Maybe they can twist Acti's arm to get Web of Shadows remasters lol. Id love that, considering how darn good WoS, especially the combat. But yeah Id rather not a retread if they can avoid it.

Also chuckled at the first post phrasing it "Symbiotes Everywhere"... my mind instantly went to the "Majima Anywhere" system from Kiwami1... and Im kinda thinking Majima should get his own symbiote... assuming that doesnt lead to another Carnage incident lol.

Lt. Hannah Stone

Alt-Account
Banned
May 9, 2023
It's been my theory for a while that they just wouldn't have time to radically re-invent the game after SM and MM, and making Ratchet, and Wolverine.

Co-op actually makes sense as an addition for a sequel. Slightly similar to the Arkham games adding more characters, and going bigger in scope but staying somewhat similar.

Playing online though would be pretty wild with how erratic the swinging traversal is. Would be pretty cool to see your teammates doing flips and flying off buildings.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
I assume he means "co-op" as in switching between Peter/Miles. And/or a post-game mission co-op mode or something. Since Insomniac explicitly stated it wasn't a co-op game.

Regardless, VA's and leaking info lol.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
The actors for this game keep Tom Holland-ing things. I love it.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Venom was bad Awesome enough, but symbiotes plural?

Unfortunate. Incredible! I've loved this series up until now, but the Venom focus on 2 is a major bummer Enhancement.
Seriously though, what are you even upset about? what focus? you are just guessing something you don't like to be true.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Well, if there's co-op, I hope it isn't part of the main campaign.

Switching characters would be fantastic though, something similar to GTA.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
As long as I get Black suit Spider-Man and hopefully playable Venom I don't care what Insomniac do. Hell they can throw in Carnage as the true antagonist if they want.

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022
Is it me or is this a reach? Nothing makes it sound like he's actually teasing co-op. Sounds like he's just not sure of what to say more than anything. Insomniac already said it's a single player game only.

BRVR

Mar 9, 2022
Yeah I'm starting to think he meant switching on the fly and not actual playable Co-Op.

Smitch

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 21, 2022
Out of curiosity, do you remember where exactly they said this?
In the PSblog for it's announcement they said single player but other that that i don't remember Insomniac saying something else
"We're so thrilled to continue the journey of both Peter Parker and Miles Morales in their most epic single-player adventure yet, coming exclusively to PlayStation 5 consoles in 2023."

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Out of curiosity, do you remember where exactly they said this?

Sorry, they said it was a continuation of their epic single-player adventure, not explicitly stating no co-op:

Maybe a legends style experience but within SM?

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
Is it me or is this a reach? Nothing makes it sound like he's actually teasing co-op. Sounds like he's just not sure of what to say more than anything. Insomniac already said it's a single player game only.
He was very careful with what he said but it does sound like he's implying that the trailer hinted at co-op.

Sep 6, 2022

In the PSblog for it's announcement they said single player but other that that i don't remember Insomniac saying something else

Sorry, they said it was a continuation of their epic single-player adventure, not explicitly stating no co-op:

Maybe a legends style experience but within SM?
Hmm, interesting 🤔

Thanks for the answers everyone.

cursed beef

Jan 3, 2021
i honestly wouldn't mind co-op but when sequels add it it tends to be the big new thing and nothing is super different on the single player side. hope that's not the case here

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
2 player online co-op Niche-Men would be something new for Marvel's Niche-Man games.

spiderman-spiderman-ps5.gif

Or traditional solo playthrough with AI buddy where we could change Peter/Miles instantaneously.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Hmm, interesting 🤔

Thanks for the answers everyone.

I expect the main game to be single-player only, with maybe some Peter/Miles switching during missions. And/or possibly some end-game/add-on mode where you can actually co-op with another person. Insomniac were hiring MP developers, could be for whatever additional experience they're adding on to the base game like GoT Legends rather than a standalone MP project. Makes the most sense since they've stated SM2 is SP, and having multiple protagonists within a SM game is a huge opportunity to expand this popular IP.