• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheKeipatzy

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
California for now
Of course the first part of the thread brags about the money it made because that's the most important thing even though people absolutely thought it was soulless. Praise the billions! -_-

Sadly I think to go to the movies very often I'm going to be inundated in these trailers. We shall see.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Here's hoping there's some surprise twist like aliens abducting him

SpoonSpatula

Oct 27, 2017
For such a tentpole movie, it's bizarre how they keep releasing such unflattering, drab screengrabs. Why??

And please, please let their faces/movements be more expressive in this - even if means it's not realistic.

Starphanluke

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 15, 2017
I do think it's trying to be more visually interesting than the first. Which is nice.

But I was so hoping Beyoncé wouldn't be in this. Now that she is, I have to go watch it.

Seems they are doing "it's both a sequel and a prequel" route

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Who is making that Mufasa VS Sonic 3 avatar bet thread, I feel that's going to be one of the spiciest bets of the year.
I believe Uzumaki Goku expressed interest.

KillstealWolf , I'm actually tempted to make a bet thread to see how many people think this film makes under $600 million WW.

I legit want to see how many people end up having to change their avatars if/when this passes just that amount.
Do it.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
Relatively low views for the new trailer even with a lot of media interest and articles directing people to it (And low views on those related stories/trailer reactions) demonstrate a lack of interest in this. I know we'll get people pushing back on this but I can definitely see this being another Marvels situation where we see a move which performed unbelievably well joining the billion club and a sequel not even recooping it's budget.

Less than 4 million views on the main trailer after 24 hours coupled with low engagement (Under 100k likes) is pretty bad for a film like this. Trailers/teasers are pretty front loaded on attention.

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I love movies that are technically accomplished with no artistic identity whatsoever. Can't wait.

Oct 27, 2017
Relatively low views for the new trailer even with a lot of media interest and articles directing people to it (And low views on those related stories/trailer reactions) demonstrate a lack of interest in this. I know we'll get people pushing back on this but I can definitely see this being another Marvels situation where we see a move which performed unbelievably well joining the billion club and a sequel not even recooping it's budget.

Less than 4 million views on the main trailer after 24 hours coupled with low engagement (Under 100k likes) is pretty bad for a film like this. Trailers/teasers are pretty front loaded on attention.
The general opinion on Disney is negative right now so there probably isn't much interest at the moment, but it's still a ways away. I can't see it being as bad a drop as The Marvels. It will be holiday season and parents will need something to take their kids to and its the fucking Lion King lol. It may not make a billion, but I can see it easily breaking even especially if it's a marginally better film than the previous(which is possible with Jenkins at the helm).

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
honestly lions are not cool anymore, the time of lions has gone and they're old news

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Nah, we can't do two bet threads regarding The Lion King's box office. It's gotta be Sonic 3 vs Mufasa or "Ok smartasses. Put your money where your mouth is on Mufasa's box office gross".

We can't do both.

... Can we? I mean shit, is that actually ok?
I think it's possible, it'd just require a good deal of effort to coordinate all the bet conditions.

OP
OP
ContractHolder

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's possible, it'd just require a good deal of effort to coordinate all the bet conditions.

I may actually be willing to coordinate this if you all are in. But if not enough people are on board, then just let it be Sonic 3 vs Mufasa.

Not very interesting to do multiple lion king bets

Right, that was my fear. I leave this in the hands of everyone who does this more than me.