• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm okay with a short-ish MP4 trailer if it's accompanied by Trilogy on Switch. If Trilogy isn't there I would like to see a lot more of MP4.

MontlyCure

Oct 27, 2017
FL
The trilogy on the Switch would be great as I only played a little of the first game.

I'm excited for whatever they're showing though.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
I'm okay with a short-ish MP4 trailer if it's accompanied by Trilogy on Switch. If Trilogy isn't there I would like to see a lot more of MP4.
Same.
All in all. These past days we've seen deconfirmations of games rumored to appear in TGA. Nothing has been said about the MP4 rumors. So we've got that going for us.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe it's gonna be like that Final Fantasy XV live stream and they'll announce the cancellation of Metroid Prime 4.

But don't worry, they'll have Federation Force 2 to tide you over.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they're going to show Metroid Prime 4 at TGA then it will have gameplay segments. Don't be worry about that if it's what bothers some of you. This is like a certainty.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's the second reveal of MP4. Nintendo has never showed a game in it's second reveal without gameplay. That's pretty much a guarantee, but how long will the MP4 teaser/trailer will be is another thing. I'm hoping around 20 seconds.

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
Metroid Prime 4 you go through the whole first chapter before the helmet comes off and you realize you were playing as Anthony Higgs the whole time.

Deleted member 41271

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Metroid Prime 4 you go through the whole first chapter before the helmet comes off and you realize you were playing as Anthony Higgs the whole time.

After otherM, stuff like this and FedForce is why I'll wait with any buying of a Metroid game until I know I'll be playing Samus and she'll be treated well by the narrative :P

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think a 2.5 Sakamoto driven Metroid is in the cards at all?

I can't remember if it was on here, or on GAF before the exodus, but last year there was an insider who had said another sidescroller entry was in early development. Given the tease in Samus Returns, I would assume that's where the 2D/2.5D entries are heading next.

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
At VGA 2018...

Geoff: "and now, we have saved the best part for last. Please, welcome to the stage Reggie Fils Aime!

The audience unleashed a thunderous aplause as the president of Nintendo of America takes the stage, wearing a Cranky Kong shirt.

Reggie: "Thanks everyone. We at Nintendo we pay attention to our customers. We have many beloved franchise that we are very pleased to see succeeding at the Nintendo Switch. There is, however, one franchise that we have been dying to tell you news about! And we feel that there is no better time than here, at the VGA. Please, enjoy our World Premier!"

As the camera focus on the screen and turns dark, the VGA trailer show the same "4" as the one E3 2017 video, the audience is confused as it appear to be the same teaser trailer up to the moment the Metroid Prime logo appear. Then, under it, the message.
"The development for Switch has been oficially halted"

The audience panics, but soon, imediatelly, comes a short video of Tanabe in his desk office.

"Hello everyone, my name is Tanabe Kensuke, producer of the Metroid Prime Trilogy. It has recently come to my attention that you do not like Sylux. Since our vision for Metroid Prime 4 apparently does not match yours, we have wisely decided to halt all development for the title.

But worry not Metroid fans! I'm pleased to announce Metroid Trilogy for the Switch! Enjoy this classic there games that have shaped the future of this franchise".

A new trailer shows up, showing a middle aged man playing Metroid: Other M, in a single joycon, Metroid Prime: Federation Force and Blast Ball.

"These trilogy of classic games will be available next year, but those who pre order it now will receive a discount coupon for a barbacue lunch at Retro Studios that has recently rebranded as the newest restaurant in Austin, TX.

We hope you enjoy these anouncements and I'm also pleased to announce that we will hold MP4's development hostage until Metroid: Trilogy becomes a 5 million seller and you finally decided to like Sylux.

Thank you and enjoy the show"

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
I want an introduction featuring voice acting, the world and the music and than some gameplay sections. please nintendo?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I can't remember if it was on here, or on GAF before the exodus, but last year there was an insider who had said another sidescroller entry was in early development. Given the tease in Samus Returns, I would assume that's where the 2D/2.5D entries are heading next.

Did they tease by who? Western partner again?

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I wonder if you have to use the Joycons or if they've made MP3 gamepad supported.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
It's the second reveal of MP4. Nintendo has never showed a game in it's second reveal without gameplay. That's pretty much a guarantee, but how long will the MP4 teaser/trailer will be is another thing. I'm hoping around 20 seconds.

Not to mention Nintendo never shows CG trailers to represent gameplay. If there are cinematics, they will always mix in gameplay footage.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017

latest
latest
latest

modsbox

Oct 28, 2017
This is so damn cool!

Calm down folks, translation of the product page from Swedish to English via Google translate gives you this:

"Trilogy with big T, finally at Switch!
The product is only a reputation, but we think it will be announced at The Game Awards with launch in early 2019 (Feb?).

Metroid Prime Trilogy is a collection game featuring the three games in the Metroid Prime series from Wii, now to Nintendo Switch.
Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Three Masterpieces Now Shocked and Switched."

Specifically says that they 'think it will be announced at The Game Awards' and that they put it up essentially as speculation.

Sure hope it happens though!

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
guys, what if...
vocal track like odyssey and smash

Here we go
Off to space
Don't you know it's time to hide your face
Inside your visor safe and sound
Don't need feds, or Sylux
We sure know now that Other M sucks
You could say we're listening to youuu

You can shoot all the Metroids and stuff
On this isolated world
Jump with me, space boost with me oh yeahhhh

Come get your missiles and your tanks
Your morph ball and say thanks
A grapple and a visor you might need
And if the Pirates start to bitch
Don't fear, don't shed a tear cause
I'll be your Malkovich

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
At VGA 2018...

Geoff: "and now, we have saved the best part for last. Please, welcome to the stage Reggie Fils Aime!

The audience unleashed a thunderous aplause as the president of Nintendo of America takes the stage, wearing a Cranky Kong shirt.

Reggie: "Thanks everyone. We at Nintendo we pay attention to our customers. We have many beloved franchise that we are very pleased to see succeeding at the Nintendo Switch. There is, however, one franchise that we have been dying to tell you news about! And we feel that there is no better time than here, at the VGA. Please, enjoy our World Premier!"

As the camera focus on the screen and turns dark, the VGA trailer show the same "4" as the one E3 2017 video, the audience is confused as it appear to be the same teaser trailer up to the moment the Metroid Prime logo appear. Then, under it, the message.

The audience panics, but soon, imediatelly, comes a short video of Tanabe in his desk office.

"Hello everyone, my name is Tanabe Kensuke, producer of the Metroid Prime Trilogy. It has recently come to my attention that you do not like Sylux. Since our vision for Metroid Prime 4 apparently does not match yours, we have wisely decided to halt all development for the title.

But worry not Metroid fans! I'm pleased to announce Metroid Trilogy for the Switch! Enjoy this classic there games that have shaped the future of this franchise".

A new trailer shows up, showing a middle aged man playing Metroid: Other M, in a single joycon, Metroid Prime: Federation Force and Blast Ball.

"These trilogy of classic games will be available next year, but those who pre order it now will receive a discount coupon for a barbacue lunch at Retro Studios that has recently rebranded as the newest restaurant in Austin, TX.

We hope you enjoy these anouncements and I'm also pleased to announce that we will hold MP4's development hostage until Metroid: Trilogy becomes a 5 million seller and you finally decided to like Sylux.

I will cut you

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
At VGA 2018...

This sounds horrible but the sadist in me wants this to happen for some reason lol. Yes, I want to see the glorious meltdown. :p

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo needs some hip hop vocals. The ones for Smash and Odyssey are cool. Not sure how much hip hop would fit with Metroid lol. Maybe Sylux is a rapper?

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here we go
Off to space
Don't you know it's time to hide your face
Inside your visor safe and sound
Don't need feds, or Sylux
We sure know now that Other M sucks
You could say we're listening to youuu

You can shoot all the Metroids and stuff
On this isolated world
Jump with me, space boost with me oh yeahhhh

Come get your missiles and your tanks
Your morph ball and say thanks
A grapple and a visor you might need
And if the Pirates start to bitch
Don't fear, don't shed a tear cause
I'll be your Malkovich
OMG
10/10

ugh, i wanted 4 to be a reboot so i don't have to play these, but fine, i'll play 3 whole-ass games before 4.
edit: ok so it's not confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.