• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The trailer for My Hero Academia Movie 3: The World Heroes Mission is out and little is known about the plot so far other then the fact
Izuku will be accused of mass murder and will be wanted
. We don't know when this movie takes place in though

MANGA SPOILERS
It's been speculated this takes place at the end of Season 5

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
gFJqJoz.png

giphy.gif

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I've enjoyed all the movies so far, especially the second one. Hopefully, this gets a theatrical release in the west. Could probably pull a rental (Want to do the same with Demon Slayer).

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no. This'll probably drain the animation talent for the season right? I thought Bones said they wouldn't do this anymore.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
So this movie is canon? I am not a fan :( If it is in the season even less because I cannot watch it here for a veeeeeery long time (see demon slayer)

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they would just focus on the main series, the animation quality suffered in some episodes last season.

Oh, and kill off Bakugo and Mineta while they're at it.

Oct 25, 2017
Sad that the only student other than the new big three is Tokoyomi and he's in a different location.

Hope Kirishima and Kaminari show up.

Plot looks predictable though, probably some anti hero/quirk organization of religious zealots wanting to end herodom as we know it...naruto much.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Show fell off pretty hard for me last season. They also had the potential to give us one of the all time fight scenes too between togata and overhaul and we instead got a slideshow animation

Wished they just dumped these movies and focused on animating the series better itself. Last movie had some cool action scenes tho, bootleg gotenks level stuff, but it wasn't worth the cost of them abandoning the budget on the show temporarily

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Another non-canon movie that hurts the show's budget... hurray
this isnt how this works lol
why people keep spreading this bs
the maximum that happens is that people that work in the movie cant work in the anime, the budget is probably still the same, they just hire different animators
Lmaaaooo

I remember wondering why the season 4 animation was so wack then saw Heroes Rising and it became clear to me.
season 4 was still better animated than 90% of shows

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I really think the best way to go about these non-canon films is to focus on/give arcs to classmates of 1-A who don't receive much screen time.

But no, it's going to be about the characters who receive too much attention in the story already >_<

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I've said this elsewhere but for people put off by the last season, check out the second movie - it's a lot better than the first, and it essentially fulfills the moral message of the whole show.

Deku passes on/gives up One For All, which is basically the ultimate selflessness and would be the end of his journey and character arc in any other circumstance. The movie walks it back because it needs to exist in a semi-non-canon space, but you can treat it as head canon if you want.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Tragedy: the goodest boi you know turns out to be a bad boi

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Another non-canon movie that hurts the show's budget... hurray
I really think the best way to go about these non-canon films is to focus on/give arcs to classmates of 1-A who don't receive much screen time.

But no, it's going to be about the characters who receive too much attention in the story already >_<

Are these films really non-canon though? It's true that they haven't gone out of their way to reference the events of Two Heroes' plot from what I remember, but in season 4, they directly referred to the bits of All Might's youth and his relationship with David Shield from the beginning of that movie. And from what I hear, Heroes Rising would take place after season 5 so there can't be references to that movie yet anyways.

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
Are these films really non-canon though? It's true that they haven't gone out of their way to reference the events of Two Heroes' plot from what I remember, but in season 4, they directly referred to the bits of All Might's youth and his relationship with David Shield from the beginning of that movie. And from what I hear, Heroes Rising would take place after season 5 so there can't be references to that movie yet anyways.
I may be wrong because I only started reading the manga after s4, but isn´t that episode with David Shield a filler made specially to tie-in with the movie? So yeah it still "canon" but not really

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
I may be wrong because I only started reading the manga after s4, but isn´t that episode with David Shield a filler made specially to tie-in with the movie? So yeah it still "canon" but not really

No, I'm not talking about the season 3 episode where All Might pretends to be a villain for the students, I'm referring to the very first episode of season 4 where the journalist is trying to investigate Class-1-A and find out who the new symbol of peace is. They use footage from the film in that one too.