• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
1YEMry1.png

Welcome to the fourth My Hero Academia OT! Have fun and join the discussion on this popular superhero anime/manga series! This OT welcomes discussion for all things MHA-related, be it the anime, manga, or games, etc. This OP is updated every once in a while with new information as the story progresses or when new media is released, so be sure to check it out every once in a while. The previous OT can be found here, while the latest anime OT (season 5) can be found here.

qSXqQRv.png

• Manga discussion does not require spoiler tags unless it's regarding a chapter that has not yet been released in English. Any discussion (such as reactions) pertaining to an unreleased chapter must be tagged as spoilers.
  • Scanlation sites cannot be mentioned, nor can their works (when watermarked) be posted. Only post manga images if they do not include watermarks.
  • Posting fan art is encouraged, but do so with a source.
  • NSFW and/or overly-suggestive content is prohibited.
Has4a2B.png

Set in the distant future where 80% of the population are born with "quirks," society now revolves around these super powers and the "Heroes" who use them for good and the "Villains" who cause chaos and destruction with them. My Hero Academia follows the story of Izuku Midoriya, a quirkless child whose dream is to be a Pro Hero like his idol All Might, the #1 Hero and Symbol of Peace.

wNZdKf7.png

zaio468.jpg

Name: Izuku Midoriya
Hero Name: Deku
Quirk: One For All

N3nKh7B.jpg

Name: Katsuki Bakugo
Hero Name: Great Murder Explosion God Dynamight
Quirk: Explosion

hE2Pcey.jpg

Name: Enji Todoroki
Hero Name: Endeavor
Quirk: Hellflame

E21afEn.jpg

Name: Toshinori Yagi
Hero Name: All Might
Quirk: (former) One For All

KqfimQG.jpg

Name: N/A
Villain Name: All For One
Quirk: All For One

skllDin.png

Villain Hunt Arc (307 - current)

EHQ77ly.jpg

With hero society forever changed by the recent battle between the heroes and villains, Midoriya makes a drastic decision: To leave U.A. in order to focus on hunting down All For One. A select group of Pro Heroes work in secret alongside Deku and All Might as they chase leads on All For One's whereabouts and take care of the escaped villains they find along the way.

hkz60Hu.png

Paranormal Liberation War Arc (253 - 306)

s5KMNbL.jpg

With the aid of information provided by Hawks, Endeavor and the Pro Heroes bolster their numbers and prepare to mount a massive attack on the Paranormal Liberation Front's bases. Split into three teams, both heroes and licensed students alike move to capture All For One's faithful doctor Kyudai Garaki, and eliminate the PLF. The operation starts off well enough and the heroes apprehend various villains and Nomu alike, but things start to take a turn for the worse once Shigaraki awakens. Elsewhere, Dabi sets in motion events that will bring about even further chaos to hero society.

Endeavor Agency Arc (241 - 252)

o6hGYZF.png

A second round of work studies begin as the Hero Public Safety Commission pressure U.A. and other schools into readying their students for the future, to serve as a back up heroes for when the villains attack again. Midoriya, Bakugo, and Todoroki chose to work under the #1 hero Endeavor, where they can learn how they can best improve their abilities and reach the top. The pro hero provides them with the practical experience they could never get within the walls of U.A., teaching them essential information on how to resolve situations as efficiently as possible, and how to better utilize their different abilities. Meanwhile, trouble stirs in the Todoroki household...

Meta Liberation Army Arc (218 - 240)

Ke0ZGNG.jpg

Shigaraki and his League of Villains are going about their business, struggling to find resources and figure out what to do next when they are contacted by Ujiko, All For One's doctor. They learn about Gigantomachia and attempt to tame him for weeks until they are interrupted by the Meta Liberation Army, a group of would-be civilians, businessmen, and politicians, secretly carrying out the will of Destro. An epic clash ensues between the two groups as the League attempts to rescue Giran, their broker, who the MLA have kidnapped in order to goad the League into battle so that they may destroy them.

SoiFaxo.png

SEASON 1
Episode Count: 13
Manga Coverage: Ch. 1 - 21

Gygth6l.jpg

SEASON 2
Episode Count: 25
Manga Coverage: Ch. 21 - 70

3gXnqIP.jpg

SEASON 3
Manga Coverage: Ch. 70 - 124

dt5cAw3.jpg

SEASON 4
Manga Coverage: 125 - 190

Q6LABtl.jpg

SEASON 5
Episode Count: N/A
Manga Coverage: 191 - N/A

VpKnqqM.jpg

MOVIE 3
My Hero Academia The Movie: World Heroes' Mission
Release Date: August 6, 2021
(Japan)

mS6iGgg.jpg

cQqrhEU.png

MAIN SERIES:
  • (US) Volume 29: Katsuki Bakugo: Rising (277 - 285) [Release Date: September 7, 2021]
  • (JP) Volume 30: Dabi's Dance (286 - 295) [ON SALE NOW]

XeIEhD7.jpg

QXLSKXF.png

SPIN-OFFS:
  • (US) My Hero Academia: SMASH!! Vol. 5 [ON SALE NOW]
  • (US) My Hero Academia: Vigilantes Vol. 9 [ON SALE NOW]
  • (US) My Hero Academia: Team-Up Missions Vol. 1 [ON SALE NOW]
  • (US) My Hero Academia: Ultra Analysis [Release Date: November 2, 2021]
LIGHT NOVELS:
  • (US) My Hero Academia: School Briefs Vol. 4 [ON SALE NOW]
  • (JP) My Hero Academia: School Briefs Vol. 5 [ON SALE NOW]
GAMES:
  • My Hero Academia: One's Justice (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, Steam)
  • My Hero Academia: One's Justice 2 (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, Steam)
9pPU77z.jpg

PmapuOW.png

• As of this posting, new chapters release on Sundays at 4PM GMT.
  • My Hero Academia: Vigilantes is a spin-off manga series written by Hideyuki Furuhashi and illustrated by Betten Court. It is set before the events of My Hero Academia and features original characters, as well as characters from the main series such as Ingenium and All Might. The entire series is available digitally, for free, on VIZ Media's website.
  • My Hero Academia: School Briefs is a series of light novels written by Ann Takahashi and illustrated by Kohei Horikoshi. The first volume is about interactions between the students at the start of the school year. The second is set during the summer training camp, while the third features stories from their time since staying at Heights Academy, the U.A. on-campus dormitories.
  • My Hero Academia: SMASH!! is a spin-off gag manga by Hirofumi Neda. It concluded in November 2017 with a total of five volumes.
  • My Heroine Academia (unofficial title) or Watashi no Hero Academia, is a new spin-off gag manga by Horikoshi's assistant and the mangaka behind Saguri-chan Tankentai, Kyoko Akiyama. As of chapter 207 of the main series, there have been three chapters.
  • My Hero Academia: Team Up Mission is the third spin-off manga series. It follows Midoriya and his classmates as they work alongside pro heroes on missions. Similar to the above spin-off series, Team Up Mission is by Kyoko Akiyama.
  • My Hero Academia: One's Justice is the series' console/PC game debut. It released worldwide on October 26th for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
  • My Hero Academia: One's Justice 2 is the sequel to 2018's One Justice. It covers the Yakuza arc of the anime and features new characters such as Lemillion, Overhaul, Mina Ashido, and Minoru Mineta.
  • My Hero Academia: Strongest Hero is a mobile Action RPG where players can collect and play as various characters from the series as they take on missions in the world of My Hero Academia. It is currently only available in English in select territories.
  • My Hero Academia: Ultra Impact is a mobile gacha game similar to past mobile titles like Smash Tap. It is currently only available in Japan.
USEFUL LINKS

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
You chose the perfect header image for this. I mean, it's the obvious one, but it's still perfect.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
After I posted it and remembered that's the banner I used, I kinda thought maybe I should've gone with "JACK Midoriya vs. CHAOS Shigaraki," lol.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Glad the previous OT will be immortalized with that Illegal Denim title

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Read the first chapter of Hell's Paradise and the protagonist really looks like Shiggy.

Somehow, despite being a brutal ninja killer from a much edgier manga than MHA, he seems far less edgy than Shiggy.

Shiggy is SUCH and edgelord lol

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit new thread! Just read the scan:

shit was intense! I was hoping you guys were wrong and there'd be no fight. But here we are lol. Deku v the whole fucking class. Let's go!

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Deku: I want to defeat Chaos
No further elaboration
Defeats Chaos
*shitty photoshop of handsome muscular dude but with deku hair

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Deku: i'm here to defeat Chaos
Shigaraki: I'm not Chaos
Deku: oh ok nevermind carry on then
Shigaraki: i am turning into Chao-
Deku: SMASH

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Ochako: Come over to my house, my parents aren't home
Deku: i don't know if your parents would be okay with me there
Ochako: i have Chaos
Deku:
ezgif-7-3e736d624d103bji3.gif

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
All I'm saying is that if fucking Iida of all people gets a sakuga moment, then Sad Man's Parade and ReDestro vs Shiggy better make my eyes bleed gold.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how they are gonna do Toga vs Curious without blood. I don't know if y'all remember just how bloody Toga was in those chapters. But it's needed to sell her desperation right through until Twice finds her in the shed bloodied and unconscious.

The anime is not doing that part justice. I shudder to think about the waves of Twices or Shigi decaying the crowd of people.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mostly just want one good sad man's parade cut and I'm good. Crowds are hard.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
why would toga vs curious not have blood? the anime doesnt censor blood

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
why would toga vs curious not have blood? the anime doesnt censor blood
Kirashima vs Rappa was completely bloodless in the anime. As opposed to Kirashima being covered head to toe with blood in the manga. They censor the shit out of blood when they feel like it.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Deku vs muscular was full of blood tho
I think the reason they censored kirishima is because his skin was ripped off not because blood

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how they are gonna do Toga vs Curious without blood. I don't know if y'all remember just how bloody Toga was in those chapters. But it's needed to sell her desperation right through until Twice finds her in the shed bloodied and unconscious.

The anime is not doing that part justice. I shudder to think about the waves of Twices or Shigi decaying the crowd of people.
They didn't censor Magnee's death or Izuku's face being covered in blood after the Muscular fight so I doubt they'll censor Toga's fight

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, Magne's death being so bloody makes me think we'll be fine for Curious vs. Toga. Wouldn't really be bothered if they censored it though. *shrugs*

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Looks like the episode showed the league is totally fine lmaoooo and I think ruined they're working with Redestro

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
imgonline-com-ua-twoti5k84.jpg

They ruined his introduction lol

I don't understand why show that
It doesn't look like he got a full and proper introduction from the screens I'm looking at, but people are gonna know when they do introduce him.

I've been wondering why Spinner wasn't on the mva poster and I feel like his narration is gonna be cut. There's no point to it when we're already seeing the league is fine. inb4 Deku narrates MVA 🤮

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The anime screwed up literally every arc this season, JT was the one arc that would have benefited to have been speed up and they dragged it out for like 10 episodes, every strong moment of the EA arc no longer any weight to it because you've skipped the part where the looming threat actually proves itself to be a threat, and the big climax of the season just got spoiled, all the tension of MVA gets thrown out the window because we now know who lives and how it ends

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't look like he got a full and proper introduction from the screens I'm looking at, but people are gonna know when they do introduce him.

I've been wondering why Spinner wasn't on the mva poster and I feel like his narration is gonna be cut. There's no point to it when we're already seeing the league is fine. inb4 Deku narrates MVA 🤮
I'll wait before i whinge lol but Redestro has a pretty distinct face

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The anime screwed up literally every arc this season, JT was the one arc that would have benefited to have been speed up and they dragged it out for like 10 episodes, every strong moment of the EA arc no longer any weight to it because you've skipped the part where the looming threat actually proves itself to be a threat, and the big climax of the season just got spoiled, all the tension of MVA gets thrown out the window because we now know who lives and how it ends
JT arc is animated well to be fair it just wasn't a good arc in the manga besides some good moments

Though i would have rather sped it up. This season has some pacing issues made worse by order switch so you don't get what the previous seasons had with the switch between a dark arc and a more low stakes arc as a fun break

Ill wait and see before making up my mind