• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
WLqyGaw.jpeg

That time of year again! Welcome to the My Hero Academia Season 5 OT!

Let's jump in!​
2vVVRIg.jpg

DO NOT SPOIL ANYTHING FROM THE MANGA. THAT INCLUDES HINTING AT THINGS TO COME.
If you must discuss the manga, we have an excellent general OT for My Hero Academia where you can talk spoilers to your heart's content.
Other than that, just try to be friendly and respectful to all your fellow posters. Play nice.
yzfBqzn.jpeg

In a world where 80% of the population is born with a superpower known as a Quirk, society has adjusted accordingly leading to a plethora of superheroes and supervillains around the world. The heroes save people, chase fame and glory, while the villains savor chaos, destruction, and upending the status quo. My Hero Academia follows the story of Izuku Midoriya, a previously quirkless teen who now has a chance to become the #1 hero in the world like his idol and mentor, All Might. Enrolling in U.A. to make his dreams come true, Midoriya now walks the path of a hero.​
t9QA6J0.jpeg

BIG PLAYERS(CURRENTLY)
Deku
NT2cWHx.jpg

Izuku Midoriya
Hero Name: Deku
Quirk: One for All
The main character of our story, Deku continues to push forward to become the greatest hero. Recently, he has been experiencing weird dreams....

3Rzm2Fr.jpg

Tomura Shigaraki
Villain Name: N/A
Quirk: Decay
With his master All for One in jail, Shigaraki has been leading the League of Villains and clashing with other villain groups like the Shie Hassaikai to assert his dominance.

moI4GfA.png

Toshinori Yagi
Hero Name: All Might
Quirk:N/A(Previously One for All)
The former #1 Hero and Symbol of Peace, All Might lost his power after fighting AfO and now dedicates himself to Deku's development and teaching U.A. students.

AhrmY1E.jpg

Villain Name: All For One
Quirk: All for One
All Might's archnemesis, All For One is responsible for much death and destruction. Currently behind bars, it seems his reign of terror has ended.

KAGlOli.jpg

Shoto Todoroki
Hero Name: Shoto
Quirk: Half Hot, Half Cold
Son of Endeavor and one of the more promising students in Class 1-A, Todoroki recently obtained his provisional hero license after a round of remedial courses. His relationship with his father remains strained.

UZmVrqV.jpg

Katsuki "Lord Explosion Murder" Bakugo
Hero Name: N/A
Quirk: Explosion
Childhood friend to Deku, Bakugo is a promising student with an abrasive personality and a huge inferiority complex. After learning Deku's secret he seems to have mellowed out a bit, and like Shoto he was able to obtain his provisional license exam after failing the first time.

Class 1-A
WEw54H8.jpg
dIrxFQr.jpg
wUyh0TI.png
ZkjRvpv.jpg

Too many to list all of Deku's classmates, but they deserve some love. From top left to right(or top to bottom on mobile):

Eijiro "Red Riot" Kirishima(Hardening), Tenya "Ingenium" IIda(Engine), Tsuyu "Tsu" Asui(Frog), and Momo "Creati" Yaoyorozu(Creation)

Class 1-B
PzdisN1.jpg
DCJAHeS.jpg
ATJrz6Y.jpg
m7iOYnX.jpg

Class B is not a myth! Hungry to finally get the spotlight from Class A, they've fought their way to Season's 5 OT. Can they fight their way through 1-A this season? From top left to right(or top to bottom on mobile):

Neito "Phantom Thief" Monoma(Copy), Hiryu "Dragon Shroud" Rin(Scales), Jurota "Gevaudan" Shishida(Beast), and Itsuka "Battle Fist" Kendo(Big Fist)

CLASS 1-A SPOTLIGHT!
rMpCE4F.jpg

Denki Kaminari
Hero Name: Chargebolt
Quirk: Electrification
One of the more laid back students of 1-A, Kaminari likes to keep spirits high but won't hesitate to turn up the voltage if lives are in danger.

CLASS 1-B SPOTLIGHT!
QxCQHs9.jpg

Ibara Shiozaki
Hero Name: Vine
Quirk: Vines
A nice and humble person, Ibara can use her many vines to ensnare anyone unfortunate enough to be called her enemy.

Pro Heroes
D4goTha.jpg

Enji Todoroki
Hero Name: Endeavor
Quirk: Hellfire
Father of Shoto, Endeavor has become the #1 hero with All Might's retirement. While not as well admired as All Might was, he battled hard against a High End Nomu when no one else could, gaining much respect in the process. He is trying to be better.
8XMQx8b.jpg

Shoto Aizawa
Hero Name: Eraserhead
Quirk: Erasure
The homeroom teacher of Class 1-A, Shoto Aizawa is a man calm under pressure. With All Might retired and the villains on the rise, he is going to have to make sure 1-A is ready for whatever may come.
glANY0u.jpg

Sekijiro Kan
Hero Name: Vlad King
Quirk: Blood Control
Homeroom teacher of class 1-B. Like his students, he see Class 1-A as rivals.
PRO HERO SPOTLIGHT!
rbVgyRq.jpg

Nemuri Kayama
Hero Name: Midnight
Quirk: Somnambulist
A flirtatious teacher of U.A., Midnight always has her student's best interests at heart. There is much more to this teacher than meets the eye.
4GfDJrI.png
With All Might retired, both the heroes and villains move forward in a world without him. Deku takes an internship with one of All Might's old partners, Nighteye, alongside upperclassman and potential wielder of OfA Mirio Togata. Shigaraki meanwhile, is trying to gain strength through a villainous alliance. After a brutal raid on new villain Overhaul that leaves Nighteye dead and Mirio quirkless, Deku and the rest of U.A. take in Eri, a girl with a strong quirk whose light was extinguished by Overhaul. The school's culture festival proves to be the ailment to make Eri smile again, while Shigaraki and the league find joy in asserting themselves as the villains of the next generation. Taking the lessons they have learned at U.A. both in and out of the classroom, Deku's classmates like Bakugo and Shoto make big strides and obtain their hero licenses. Just as things seem to be calm, a High End Nomu attacks the #1 and #2 heroes, Endeavor and Hawks. While victorious, the victory proves that the villains are getting stronger, and our hereos need to as well. Finally, Midoriya has a strange dream...what could it mean?

The stage has been set for season 5!
55wkDVm.png
Release Date
*The 5h season of My Hero Academia will premiere on March 27, 2021. Funimation will be doing a simulcast of the new season with the simuldub coming sometime after the first episode. Season 5 should cover chapters 194 till around 252.
Where to Watch
Funimation, Crunchyroll, Hulu
Trailers

Staff Info
*General Director: Kenji Nagasaki

*Director: Masahiro Mukai
*Animation Director: Yoshishiko Umakoshi
*Character Design:Hitomi Odashima
*Music: Yuki Hayashi
*Original Creator: Kohei Horikoshi

Opening Theme:

#1: "No. 1" by Dish//
Ending Theme:
#1 "Ashiato" by the peggies

GO BEYOND! Plus Ultra Style!

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Hope this is better than that previous season. I found it awful and the animation quality took a nosedive.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The format of the "DO NOT SPOIL" is weird when I look on Desktop.

It is like

"DO
NOT
SPOIL THE SHOW"

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO BONES

Please do this season right, these trailers do be looking good

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
I REALLLYY hope this season is done well (animation wise).
Judging from the trailers it looks like it'll be really fun

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I haven't really paid attention to the opening from what we've heard but the peggies ending sounds really good

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Ready for that Bakugo hype

Here's hoping the middle portion of this season is done justice

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
This season's quality is going to be extremely dependant on the animation. Otherwise I think it may drag on the early sections

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for the season to start with another dumb filler episode nobody actually wants or enjoys like the last few did

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready. I was close to picking back up on the story through the manga but I'll wait a couple days instead.

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
Bakugo went from being the one I hated the most in the class to my favorite. I'm on that BakuGOAT train now.

Started reading the manga to this series last year after finishing the anime (not to mention LOVING the Heroes Rising movie) and I've become even more of a fan. Here is to maybe having a more fun season overall in the anime despite seeing the mixed response on the content of this arc.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hyped for this, mha has been in a great place starting from around here.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I know they've already announced another one, but I wish they'd stop doing movies, at least while the show is running. They're ok but really not worth the drag they are on the animators.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
i am not on the bakuGOAT train but i do like him far more than i used to

therefore, while i am not on the train, i do wish the bakugo fans the best of wishes

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Second half of this this season should make it the best season so far depending on how much much gets censored, the first half will be heavily dependent on the animation

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Someone please tell me there is more to this than just another tournament arc....
I'm so sick and bored of this shonen trope.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Someone please tell me there is more to this than just another tournament arc....
I'm so sick and bored of this shonen trope.
Yep, there'll be a bunch more to this season. The arc right after the competition is the one that people are most excited about.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Let's talk about the real GOAT of MHA

Yuki Hayashi and his OST