• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
EDIT: Went with this chair. So far, it's not bad. Wouldn't recommend it for anyone shorter than 6'1" though cause the min height is pretty high.

Last edited:

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
This may sound crazy, but check out your local Goodwill stores. You never know what's in there.

OP
OP
LossAversion

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Do you have an IKEA near you? Might try the Marcus or Jarvfvallet
I was thinking about IKEA and other furniture stores. The Jarvfvallet seems to tick a lot of the boxes that I'd like to tick with a mesh back, adjustable armrests, and a good fit for taller people. But there's no weight limit posted on their site and from what I can tell online the IKEA chairs are 250lb or even less. Not sure if it would hold up unfortunately.

This may sound crazy, but check out your local Goodwill stores. You never know what's in there.
I was also thinking about getting a second hand chair but the problem is that no chair fits all and it takes a while to know if a chair is going to work for you. I'm not sure if you can return something to goodwill and I probably wouldn't want to, lol.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
If you live in an area with a university surplus store, try there. I used a secondhand chair for eight years that I picked up for $10. Best chair I've ever used and I am looking for a place to get it refreshed (padding, armrests) because I've tried two chairs since and they just aren't as good.

eta: good points about secondhand hairs but my dude, for $10 you can just put it out at the curb if you don't like it, you know? Someone else will take it and love it.

OP
OP
LossAversion

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
If you live in an area with a university surplus store, try there. I used a secondhand chair for eight years that I picked up for $10. Best chair I've ever used and I am looking for a place to get it refreshed (padding, armrests) because I've tried two chairs since and they just aren't as good.

eta: good points about secondhand hairs but my dude, for $10 you can just put it out at the curb if you don't like it, you know? Someone else will take it and love it.
I'll look into this, thanks. I was thinking of secondhand chairs that were like, $700 chairs for $300 but yeah if they were THAT cheap then it would probably be worth it, haha.

I'm still going to go browsing tomorrow but right now I'm looking at this chair. It's got the mesh back with a thick seat, adjustible arms, and a 400lb weight limit. It's also sold and shipped by amazon so returning it should be relatively hassle free if needed. Which is not the case with a lot of chairs on amazon.

AwesomeSauce

Oct 25, 2017
Have you looked into getting a seat cushion for your chair? At least as a stop gap while you shop for a new one.

Cushion 1
Cushion 2

I got something similar to these a few years back and its been amazing.

Last edited: