• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I love shows like this. The History of Horror is a great series that talks about the different genres and monsters of horror. This one is a full on countdown. Every episode does 10 ( or 11) of them, counting down from 101 to 1. There's 2 episodes so far and I really liked them.

They get horror directors, stars and producers to talk about them. People like Edgar Wright, Mike Flanagan, Mick Harris, Greg Nicotero, Keith David and Tony Todd.

www.shudder.com

Watch The 101 Scariest Horror Movie Moments of All Time on Shudder

Don’t get left behind – Enjoy unlimited, ad-free access to Shudder's full library of films and series for 7 days.

Trailer:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLBxidyZwL4

Some clips from the show so far:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGYFmQ2SHHc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmkg7U8963c

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
There was a series like this on Bravo (I think?) many years ago that is probably corny or cringey to rewatch now, but at the time I loved marathoning for a couple Halloweens in a row. I got into James Rolfe's Monster Madness about 7ish years ago but then that fizzled out too. Will def check this one out.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
There was a series like this on Bravo (I think?) many years ago that is probably corny or cringey to rewatch now, but at the time I loved marathoning for a couple Halloweens in a row. I got into James Rolfe's Monster Madness about 7ish years ago but then that fizzled out too. Will def check this one out.

The Bravo Countdown is still fun to watch, even if it is a little corny.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

The Bravo shows are what I was thinking of as well. And, like you, I really dug Monster Madness but once the format changed I was done with it.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
We've thrown it on during dinner and it's pretty whatever. It'll be like 10 seconds of Joe Dante and then cut to some random person speaking words without actually saying anything. Also, for a bunch of them it seemed to be more of a general summary of the movie more than actually breaking down a particular scene and offering insight into it.

honavery

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I want to watch this, but even though I have seen a lot of movies, I just worry I'd be spoiling myself for movies I haven't seen.

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
I'm a sucker for these kinds of programs. The "In Search of Darkness" films are very similar in tone and content, and I've found a lot of good stuff to watch that way.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I watched the old series when I was a kid and was scared stiff. I'll definitely check this out if only for nostalgia's sake.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I want to watch this, but even though I have seen a lot of movies, I just worry I'd be spoiling myself for movies I haven't seen.
Yeah thats what my daughter and I have been doing. If she hasn't seen the movie, we skip it. There are some truly great moments that will be ruined-like The Changeling. One of my all time favorites.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the first episode the other night. Good shit, and it has some legit terrifying scenes like a certain ghost scene that almost had me turning off Pulse the first time I watched it. Black Sabbath is good shit too.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the first episode the other night. Good shit, and it has some legit terrifying scenes like a certain ghost scene that almost had me turning off Pulse the first time I watched it. Black Sabbath is good shit too.
Two films I've never seen but have added to my queue because of this show.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The second episode is great because it has a sequence where Tony Todd talks about filming Candyman-and in particular the sequence where he has the bees in his mouth. "I can still feel them humming around in there."

Oswald

Nov 26, 2019
Fantastic show. This Wed cannot come soon enough. The deeper insights from the guests offers a nice extra layer.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
HUGE PROPS for this show putting Twin Peaks: The Return on this list at Number 46.

GOTTA LIGHT??
Lincoln.png

honavery

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I have been enjoying this as well. They go pretty in depth on each choice, it does not feel rushed or just like a basic list with no thought put into it.
(and yes, I just fast forward through the ones I have not seen)

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
I've been really enjoying it, using it as a guide for good horror movies I haven't seen yet.

Haha my reaction to Twin Peaks was both confusion it counted followed by joy just see S3EP8 praised in this context

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
Signed up for the trial because, hey, October. I come in skeptical of any of the "Originals" but this praise will have me check it out.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
I can't imagine wanting to watch this unless I was absolutely sure that I had seen every single movie that they show clips from. Why would I want to have those scares spoiled in a context like this instead of experiencing the movies themselves?

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give this a try. I have fond memories of the old Bravo series (almost twenty years old now, lol).

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine wanting to watch this unless I was absolutely sure that I had seen every single movie that they show clips from. Why would I want to have those scares spoiled in a context like this instead of experiencing the movies themselves?
If say I've seen more half of them. The ones I haven't seen I'll get a taste of and put on a list to watch later. My daughter just outright skips any she's hasn't seen yet.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Final episode has aired with the top ten scenes.

Ringu

Train to Busan

Sinister

The Exorcist

The Shining

Psycho

Audition

Hereditary

The Thing

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Great series. Loved all of it. I would love for Shudder to make even more docs.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017

Ringu

Train to Busan

Sinister

The Exorcist

The Shining

Psycho

Audition

Hereditary

The Thing

If you haven't started it Queer for Fear has been a really good ride so far.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Ringu

Train to Busan

Sinister

The Exorcist

The Shining

Psycho

Audition

Hereditary

The Thing

Love their docs. The one on Found Footage flicks was solid!

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Let's countdown the 101 scariest moments in horror movies!

Now let us describe the entirety of this episode of television.