• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What ending do you think will be better received?

• Attack on Titan

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Stone Ocean

Votes: 95 85.6%

• Total voters

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Massive Spoilers For Attack on Titan and JoJo's Bizzare Adventure Stone Ocean

It's going to be intresting to see the anime community's reaction to next year. If JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: Stone Ocean is starting in Fall 2021 then it is likely that SO will be over by the end of 2022, same with Attack on Titan Final Season Part 2 which is starting in the Winter. Both JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: Stone Ocean and Attack on Titan have very much hotly debated upon and discussed endings which makes me really intrested on how the anime onlies who haven't read up to the manga will react to the endings of both Stone Ocean and Attack on Titan.

I think Stone Ocean will probalby go over better then Attack on Titan and there will be much debate/discource on if SO's ending works. Personally i think it very much does and was the perfect ending to the JoJo's Series and is in my opinion the best ending to any part in JoJo. As for Attack on Titan i can definetly see some debate on Eren's charcter as well as everything that happened in the final arc, that's just my own opinion though.

So my question to you is, what do you think will go over better in the anime scene - Stone Ocean's ending or Attack on Titan's ending)

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
As someone who has yet to dive into either series and thus has zero skin in the game...

Stone Ocean is my completely uninformed guess.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's Jojo and it ain't even close, Stone Ocean's ending might be controversial but be damned if it doesn't try to go the distance and then some.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
It's Jojo and it ain't even close, Stone Ocean's ending might be controversial but be damned if it doesn't try to go the distance and then some.
It was extremely ballsy for Araki to end SO the way he did but it makes sense when you realise that SO was meant to be the finale of JJBA as a whole

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The vague things I have heard about AoT sounds like a mess; I should probably read actual spoilers already to know in full though.

Stone Ocean's ending is probably going to be divisive, but I thought it was pretty strong. And since SBR exists it's not like there won't be another season, so people won't be worried about that, y'know.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Stone Oceans ending is pretty cool and you get Steel Ball Run from it which is amazing so i think it'll be pretty well recieved. At the end of the day JoJo still continues.

A lot of people are going to hate the AOT ending.

wunsubdee

Mar 6, 2021
Stone Ocean is probably my least favorite part but the ending is solid and would truely embody the bizarre part of jojo, it will look great animated.
AOT ending is just really bad and honestly has no positive points to it unlike the ending of Stone Ocean.
They are both flawed, but why I don't rate Stone Ocean that highly is because the fight choreos are really hard to follow, it's common in manga but this part takes it to another level.
Another thing I disliked is that the story reads like a fanfic, it's evident Araki was just winging it, proven by character retcons later in the story.
All in all I did enjoy it, just not as much as earlier and later parts, it's flawed and a mess but it's still pretty solid overall, and Jolyne is my favorite jojo after Joseph.
AOT is more plot driven than character driven but the character assassinations and loose threads of the ending are inexcusable.

Last edited:

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
dont follow jojo so i can't comment on that
aot's ending is pretty lame imo, but honestly i haven't enjoyed it for a while either way

Hakimy

Nov 9, 2017
Attack on titan is more popular than jojo to the casual so obviously people will argue more about its ending and everyone will try to prove their points whether if it was good or bad. I mean look at Death Note! To this day you can see in anime pages and forums people arguing whether the ending was good or bad. Personally i liked all endings cus the issue with some people is that they want a certain ending even when all the events and hints lead to the endings we got but that's fans for you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Attack on titan is more popular than jojo to the casual so obviously people will argue more about its ending and everyone will try to prove their points whether if it was good or bad. I mean look at Death Note! To this people you can see in anime pages and forums people arguing whether the ending was good or bad. Personally i liked all endings cus the issue with some people is that they want a certain ending even when all the events and hints lead to the endings we got but that's fans for you.
True, i expect AOT's ending to be discussed more especially since AOT's ending is mostly very mixed from a lot of pepole

Oct 25, 2017
I read SO 2 years ago and that ending broke me a bit. I couldn't tell you if it was good, but it was enough to make me put jojo down because I just couldn't understand it. After seeing the many arguments on it, I ended up accepting it even though I was still not all the way happy with it.

Aot on the other hand, I just read two days ago and I can't believe that was the ending!

So ultimately, JoJos ending is definitely going to be more positively received. But I cannot say the same for AOT.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Can really weigh in because I don't know the AoT ending so I'm avoiding spoilers, but Stone Ocean is one of my favorite manga endings of all time

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
if Stone Ocean ending teases Steel Ball Run during a post credit scene, I'll pop off hard. Either way it's still gonna be a pretty emotional ending if given the proper treatment.

On the other hand, there is not much saving the AOT ending, I didn't hate it but also I thought it was pretty weak overall.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
if Stone Ocean ending teases Steel Ball Run during a post credit scene, I'll pop off hard. Either way it's still gonna be a pretty emotional ending if given the proper treatment.

On the other hand, there is not much saving the AOT ending, I didn't hate it but also I thought it was pretty weak overall.
I love SBR but i hope they don't tease SBR at the end of SO. It would kinda not feel right after SO's ending

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Stone Ocean's ending is one of the best endings in the series

I think Attack on Titan's ending will be received pretty well also, aside from that ONE THING it's fine

toadkarter

Oct 2, 2020
I've just finished reading Attack on Titan for the first time and as a whole, I think the ending will be received well provided that some additional foreshadowing / slower pacing is added to the anime ending. I personally am fine with the concept of how it all ends, but it's just presented in a slightly rushed / unsatisfying way.

Haven't read / seen JoJo so can't comment on that as of yet.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Stone Ocean's actual ending wasn't the problem for me.

It was Jolyne completely jobbing to her own part's villain.

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
Stone Ocean's actual ending wasn't the problem for me.

It was Jolyne completely jobbing to her own part's villain.
She totally didn't though.
She completely outsmarts the villain and the final blow is dealt as a direct result of her actions. If anyone got jobbed out, it's Jotaro lol

On topic, AoT's ending completely undermined a characters' arc and as a whole retroactively makes the series worse. Meanwhile Stone Ocean's ending was bittersweet but totally thematically appropriate.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
AoT ending's reception depends if MAPPA decides to add more elements to it. As it is right now, the ending feels rushed. It can be improved, something MAPPA can and should do.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
People will hate AoT's ending if it follows the manga but it ended the way I expected to, outside of a moment of writer fluff.

AoT ending's reception depends if MAPPA decides to add more elements to it. As it is right now, the ending feels rushed. It can be improved, something MAPPA can and should do.
it depends on how well they nail the good bye between Mikasa and Erin I think. Outside of the lore and world implications, to me the most important part since the first chapter/episode has been the trio and their relationship. It's going to be heartbreaking but it's been telegraphed since day 1 that Mikasa would have to finish things. I'm actually looking forward to seeing that part.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
She totally didn't though.
She completely outsmarts the villain and the final blow is dealt as a direct result of her actions. If anyone got jobbed out, it's Jotaro lol

On topic, AoT's ending completely undermined a characters' arc and as a whole retroactively makes the series worse. Meanwhile Stone Ocean's ending was bittersweet but totally thematically appropriate.
Jotaro wouldn't have jobbed so hard if he just remembered to use Star Finger.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Stone Ocean's ending is interesting because there will be debate about how its supposed to be interpreted

Like, two of my friends insist that, at it's core, Part 6's ending is more sad than anything else and I refuse to read it that way. We have everyone (minus FF) alive and well and living their best lives, which seems like a nice ending to me, but my friends focus entirely on how that "doesn't count" because of the whole universe resetting and reincarnation shenanigans.

Should be interesting to see how anime-onlys react

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Stone Ocean's ending is interesting because there will be debate about how its supposed to be interpreted

Like, two of my friends insist that, at it's core, Part 6's ending is more sad than anything else and I refuse to read it that way. We have everyone (minus FF) alive and well and living their best lives, which seems like a nice ending to me, but my friends focus entirely on how that "doesn't count" because of the whole universe resetting and reincarnation shenanigans.

Should be interesting to see how anime-onlys react
Yep, it's going to be intresting to see how the events of SO are interpreted

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
depends on what AOT changes or not, Stone Ocean I can see why it may have been controversial, but it errs on the more positive side than negative overall. AOT feels like the opposite (even though I thought it was fine)

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Stone Ocean will probably be better received as people have had decades to come to terms with it. Attack on Titans may still be too fresh for the same receptions.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Hard to say because I think both endings would benefit more from being animated, but I would also go with Stone Ocean's ending.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could've been around for SO ending as it happened. Still the best finale in jojos. Attack on Titan is whatever, didn't mind it but I certainly wouldn't say I liked it.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I wish I could've been around for SO ending as it happened. Still the best finale in jojos. Attack on Titan is whatever, didn't mind it but I certainly wouldn't say I liked it.
Imagine if it came out today in 2021 where the internet is more wide spread and JoJo being well known amongst Amercian Audiences then it was back in 2003. The discourse around it would be immense

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
SO's ending is tight
AoT will be a shitstorm when animated if people aren't somehow spoiled

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Some characters' dialogue like Armin in the last character felt so out of character, really reminded me of GoT season 8