• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

agc

Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I'm sad I just got an OLED Switch about two weeks ago cause I totally would've waited for this one :(

Oct 27, 2017
jFiR0YC.jpg

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
With Splat 3 coming out I've said multiple times I just don't see them announcing a successor any time soon...I really think we are talking 2024/5 considering they're releasing games and DLC into late 2023 at least.

Oct 27, 2017
I really can't see this mystery other console that leaked from the factory source being a pro model. It's not impossible but I don't see this LE console coming if a "pro" or "new" console is less than 6 months out. Could be March or April 2023 with Zelda still I guess tho.

If that happens hopefully it's just switch 2, not a pro model that doesn't have its own games (and also for the love of god just call it switch 2 nintendo don't get cute)

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Not the Switch reveal I was hoping for, but still nice to have a Splatoon OLED themed Switch now

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Not to deal out more copium, but this announcement doesn't necessarily mean anything about the Switch successor coming soon. They could've come up with this as a way to more quickly sell through existing OLED stock before then. Plus, it's not likely the OG Switch will go off sale right away when a new one comes out.

Oct 25, 2017
The funny part is that while everyone is being smug about Pro shit, this model ( and reveal time) was predicted by a Chinese leaker that has been correct in the past and who has stated that the successor Pro should be shown off later this year.

Why can't people understand that development plans shift and change instead of trying to make people look crazy/stupid?

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Man, that looks so good. I know i don't need it but i want it really badly.
The Pro controller is also nice. I just got the MH Malzeno one but damn if the Splatoon one isn't tempting.

Smithy

Oct 25, 2017
Love the design. And damn, love that Pro Controller as well. Might get this one. In general, I'd hope for more Pro Controller designs.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
I'm still not entirely sure because no one has bothered to post an actual link to the so-called leak and not someone's second-hand account of it.

I think someone took a screenshot of what was said. The leaked details were deleted from the "Chinese" website where it appeared according to people. The so-called leaker got the date and time correct for the Splatoon 3 leak. Guess we'll see if September reveals a new Switch Pro or Switch 2

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
For the love on all that is holy and good, Metroid themed Switch please k and thanks

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
i must have it
and controller
when buy
where buy
now

(yes still going full joycon though that fragment set is still the bane of my existence...)