• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
That's what Im saying then. Why did they have bayo 1 and 2 three years or maybe more before 3?
Bayo 1/2 was both marketing and filler material. The Switch release served both - it filled an empty slot in 2018 and it allowed them to announce Bayo 3 without folks having to ask, "Will they port Bayo 1/2?" MP4 is a return to a series that hasn't been seen for a decade. MPTri carries a lot more advantages from a marketing front because it will be the introduction to the series for a lot of people.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah MPT will be a much bigger deal than Bayo 1/2

Feels crazy to say, but they'll be the first HD Metroid games!

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I just cannot get behind this MPT hype unless people are expecting a visual overhaul. I played and loved these games back when they came out, but I'm a bit tired of hype around ports. Is it just because it was a well corroborated rumor that folks can cling to in lieu of anything else? Not to say some excitement isn't genuine, but people sure do bring MPT up a lot.

If we caught wind of these games being remade or remastered at least on the same level as Xenoblade DE, then maybe I'd be on board.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I just cannot get behind this MPT hype unless people are expecting a visual overhaul. I played and loved these games back when they came out, but I'm a bit tired of hype around ports. Is it just because it was a well corroborated rumor that folks can cling to in lieu of anything else? Not to say some excitement isn't genuine, but people sure do bring MPT up a lot.

If we caught wind of these games being remade or remastered at least on the same level as Xenoblade DE, then maybe I'd be on board.
They are all loved games, the first considered one of the best ever. We want them on the switch in hd.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I know Platinum said it's going smoothly, but maybe Bayo 3 is taking longer than they thought?

They also said Babylon's Fall is going smoothly and that. It was originally announced for a 2019 release, yet the footage from SoP looked like a demo reel and the next info isn't until the summer.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I still think MP4 might be sooner than we think, maybe a 2021 title. I seriously doubt they scrapped all of the assets that had been made.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Im confidence that Nintendo will show a new Zelda BOTW2 Trailer tonight at the TGA 2019, all the hints all the sudden, that can't be a coincidence...

NappingRat

Jul 2, 2018
Yes. Because it's serving the need of the AAA cinematic games on switch. It was very shallow on 3rd person action adventure games at the time.

It also paves the way for Astral Chain to have an audience
Ooh I like that reasoning a LOT. Bayo 1/2 ports released in 2018 in order to introduce Switch users to Platinum style games (obv. followed up by Astral Chain in 2019).

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

I want to play my favorite games of all time in HD and portably

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019

I've never played metroid prime and I'd like to on a cool new system before the new one comes out. pretty open and shut

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Metroid Prime Trilogy deserves to be played by as many people as possible. There will always be new consumers each gen.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Do you think it is the same situation with DKC, is Nintendo saving SNES DKC trilogy on Switch to hype a new Donkey Kong Country game?

I don't know anything about Donkey Kong. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long to get DKC 1-3 on NSO.

regarding switch's 2020.. what do you think about it? will it be a "good" or a "great" year?

if you want to answer.

2020 should be another great year for Switch.

My opinion is that 2017 and 2019 were great years for Switch. The only "average" year was 2018 (Yes, I'm aware Smash Bros was 2018).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know anything about Donkey Kong. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long to get DKC 1-3 on NSO.

2020 should be another great year for Switch.

My opinion is that 2017, 2019, and 2020 were all great years for Switch. The only "average" year was 2018 (Yes, I'm aware Smash Bros was 2018).
Music to my ears Em. Music to my ears.

Apr 21, 2018

I think this is the idea. In HD they'd have to atleast redo the textures. (the polygon/model work is still pretty fantastic and holds up).
I'd imagine they'd add some other modern effects, shaders, bump-mapping, volumetric fog -- I don't know much about graphics I'm really just pretending here.
But I think it would look pretty damn pretty.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I will not be sad if they dont show BOTW2, since is just wishful thinking

but i really want it haha

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Holiday 2021 would give them around 3 years, maybe a bit more. Seems like a pretty tight schedule but not impossible. I expect it in early 2022 at the latest.

Again, that's assuming they completely started from scratch in late 2018. Development rarely works like that. There's really no reason they can't reuse the Samus model made by the original team for instance, or repurpose many of the animations for her and other models.

Unless they are going with a fundamentally different art style which seems unlikely.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Is 2020 the year of Mother 3? Is it time for the prodigal RPG trilogy to finally conclude in English officially?

antonio

Jan 12, 2018

2020 should be another great year for Switch

I actually bought Wii, 3DS, Wii U and Switch just to play Donkey Kong Country games. Switch proved to be a great platform, but I miss having a new DKC. I hope 2020 brings that or at least news about development.

Status
Not open for further replies.