• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivandlspozas

Jan 28, 2019
My prediction for next fiscal year (april 20 - march 21):

- Pikmin 3 and mayybe Pikmin 4?
- Monster Hunter "NEXT"
- Mario Odyssey 2 it's possible
- Zelda BOTW 2
- Mario+Rabbids 2
- New Paper Mario
- Shin Megami Tensei V
- Bayonetta 3
- Metroid Prime Trilogy
- Kirby
- New Mario Party
- Pokémon Remake?

I think ~60% can easily happen

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
January - Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Brain Age
February - Brain Age (possibly for NoA)
March- Animal Crossing New Horizons
April - XenoblaDE
May - Bayonetta 3
June - Pikmin 3
July - Bravely Default 2
August - Mario + Rabbids 2
September - No More Heroes 3
October - Super Mario Party 2
November - Breath of the Wild 2
December - Picross 3D Round 3

bayonetta 3 is a q3 title.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
If Emily is right and 2020 will be like this year, I will never finish my backlog.

Absolutely, I think 2020 will be just as good as 2017 and 2019.

In 2017, I said Switch will go down as the greatest software library that Nintendo ever had. And I've stuck to that belief every year. I don't say it to be a delusional Nintendo fangirl. I genuinely believe that -- in the very end -- Switch's software library will wipe the floor with SNES, GameCube, DS, 3DS. And it won't even be close. Not even close at all.

There's still a ton of unannounced games. Switch owners will continue to be bombarded with software (first party, third party, indie).

Oct 26, 2017

In 2017, I said Switch will go down as the greatest software library that Nintendo ever had. And I've stuck to that belief every year. I don't say it to be a delusional Nintendo fangirl. I genuinely believe that -- in the very end -- Switch's software library will wipe the floor with SNES, GameCube, DS, 3DS. And it won't even be close. Not even close at all.

There's still a ton of unannounced games. Switch owners will continue to be bombarded with software (first party, third party, indie).

It's either close, or just over the line for me. This console <3

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I'm expecting the usual next year, I'm ready for something unexpected though, like monolithsoft new ip, Chrono trigger sequel, new game from retro studios other than prime 4, or pikmin 4

do you know if there's any unexpected announcements next year similar to or on the same level as one of these?

you know something that makes your jaw drop

Last edited:

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
The Switch isn't beating the SNES for me, or even the GameCube, until it gets its own 10/10 Metroid game.

The line-up gets better every month, though, and I can see how it'd be comparable to Nintendo's best as-is.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru

2020 is already delivering for me based on what we know so far.
The Switch isn't beating the SNES for me, or even the GameCube, until it gets its own 10/10 Metroid
Kinda unfair since Metroid Prime was pretty much the only thing that the Gamecube can claim they got best among Nintendo big IPs. Even the WiiU had better releases in that regard.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
TGAs are always bad at hiding that they are basically an ad show but this year was the worst one yet in terms of that. It was painfully clear that many of the world premieres paid good money to be there, and the actual awards took even more of a backseat than usual.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
TGAs are always bad at hiding that they are basically an ad show but this year was the worst one yet in terms of that. It was painfully clear that many of the world premieres paid good money to be there, and the actual awards took even more of a backseat than usual.
The last two years masked it better easily. They felt more prestigious.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I think too many want to not overhype events but there are two sides to this coin. Precedence leads to certain expectations being set by fans. As the future direct in January or February will show, Nintendo had a lot they could have shown here. But they didn't, and thus they deserve to be called out for it.

That said, it was also a weird event in general. Ending on the Fast and the Furious will be laughed at for decades to come.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I think too many want to not overhype events but there are two sides to this coin. Precedence leads to certain expectations being set by fans. As the future direct in January or February will show, Nintendo had a lot they could have shown here. But they didn't, and thus they deserve to be called out for it.

That said, it was also a weird event in general. Ending on the Fast and the Furious will be laughed at for decades to come.
It stands out for nintendo more because they are so secretive outside of directs and basically just go radio silent. We have had essentially nothing since the start of september and we know barely anything for 2020.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Why should Nintendo be called out for not showing new games at this event? Jesus this forum.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

They're fucking right. It sucked. It was boring. It felt so low key. All the awards felt so low key. The beginning was really good. The awards felt so much like an afterthought when there's no huge announcements. Even the Xbox series X felt low key. Then to end on Fast and the Furious. It was just really bad. So many ads ads ads ads Fortnite ads mmo ads

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I don't know about calling them out for it. It could just be that the timing things didn't work out or they really wanted to highlight NMH3 & BD2 or any other host of things. That's just the way these things go. Not every event is gonna be a banger

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like to pull the consumer card but I'm pretty sure I can call out anyone for anything as long as I can make a case for it. Espescially corporations I spend hundreds of dollars on and want me to continue doing so.

You can do whatever you want. You can call them out as much as you want.

But more broadly speaking, no they don't "deserve" to be called out lol

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You can do whatever you want. You can call them out as much as you want.

But more broadly speaking, no they don't "deserve" to be called out lol
I'm fine if people disagree and I'm not in any delusion that my disapproval will matter. Shrug.

I've been happy with every Direct / Nintendo related event since E3 2015 so I feel it's healthy for me to be unhappy for once.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
They're fucking right. It sucked. It was boring. It felt so low key. All the awards felt so low key. The beginning was really good. The awards felt so much like an afterthought when there's no huge announcements. Even the Xbox series X felt low key. Then to end on Fast and the Furious. It was just really bad. So many ads ads ads ads Fortnite ads mmo ads
Did they even actually announce anything that we didn't know about for Fortnite? I pretty much tuned that segment out after I realized they were just talking about stuff they already tweeted about.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
The Switch library has already become my favorite out of any console. Animal Crossing in March will only solidify this even further. I can't believe how many games I have for the system.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like the term "call out" has baggage I'm not aware of since I'm surprised by this amount of backlash. To clarify I think it was a mistake of Nintendo to bring the content they did when we know they could've brought other content. I've even previously said I think they hit minimum expectations for what fans should expect.

Otherwise I'm fine if people want to continue to mock me even if I don't really see the big deal.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Yeah, I have personally gotten as much enjoyment from the system as from any system I have ever owned for as a main system (GameCube, Gameboy Advance, PSP, XB360, PS4), and it's not even three years old. If 2020 is as great as 2017 or 2019, that's it: the Switch will become my favourite system by a mile. Honestly quite giddy about the prospect of another amazing year in 2020. We're going to have fun!

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017

"They deserve to be called out for it"...? It's one thing to be disappointed, but they weren't obligated to give reveals at TGA.

Personally, I'd rather see reveals in briskly-paced Directs than the miserable slog that is TGA.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They told us to watch an event where games of theirs were being awarded (and a few minor-ish announcements were being made)!!! The gall of them!

lol. I was hoping to see something internal, but whatever. Tbh subconsciously I think I was hoping Smash wouldn't be there so I would make myself believe we'll get a January direct instead of waiting until February

Did they even actually announce anything that we didn't know about for Fortnite? I pretty much tuned that segment out after I realized they were just talking about stuff they already tweeted about.

I'm not sure.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017

But not the Wii or Wii U? 🤔

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Em why do you keep hyping us up! It's not good for my blood pressure 😀

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
If 2019 learned us one thing, we really have no idea what the lineup will look like.
Seeing lots of "safe" lists here.. and I dont expect it to look anything like that even if it looks like something that could happen.

Still expect quite a few surprises for the year that we still have no idea about.

Status
Not open for further replies.