• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ermitron2

Jul 13, 2021
Mexico
Ready for Melty Blood!

9ZILSTa.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so here me out...Golf Club Wasteland is a joy. I've been playing it and enjoying the story, the animations, the look of the game. It comes out Friday and is a game I'm glad to have in my collection. That being said I hope there is enough content here for someone looking for a bit of a golf title and not just the story.I made a video for this game and will post it here. Normally I'd want to dive back in, but I got a code for a game coming out later this month and that is the game getting my attention the rest of the night.

Last edited:

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Coffee Talk expansion announced!

Ooh, Coffee Talk was my favourite indie game last year, and more content is music to my ears … 😊

Is this expansion free or paid content? I have no qualms paying, but curious to know either way.

Okay so here me out... Golf Club Wasteland is a joy.

I've been playing it and enjoying the story, the animations, the look of the game. It comes out Friday and is a game I'm glad to have in my collection. That being said I hope there is enough content here for someone looking for a bit of a golf title and not just the story. I made a video for this game and will post it here. Normally I'd want to dive back in, but I got a code for a game coming out later this month and that is the game getting my attention the rest of the night.

Thanks to both your words and video, I have bought this for £6.74, thanks to a generous 25% off pre-order discount!

I am already looking forward to playing it tomorrow … ⛳️

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Has Ni No Kuni 2 been added to the coming soon games yet? I've been checking and it still hadn't been added as of earlier this week (didn't check yesterday) despite the fact that it is coming out this month. Or has it been delayed and I missed the delay?

I know it isn't that unusual for games to just not have much of a presence on the eShop but man kinda getting 'being sent out to die' vibes from it...

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
North American PR, slightly delayed because hey lookit the brains on those guys:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
Sonic Colors: Ultimate – The evil Dr. Eggman has built a gigantic interstellar amusement park bursting with incredible rides and colorful attractions – but he's powering it with a captured alien race called "Wisps." Use Sonic's lightning speed to free the Wisps and learn the secrets of their amazing powers as you explore six unique colorful worlds, each filled with dangerous enemies and hurdles to overcome. Now with stunning upscaled visuals, additional features, a new game mode and enhanced gameplay – it's the Ultimate Sonic Colors experience. Sonic will be tested on this exciting journey to free the Wisps. But with their help, and yours, it's a test he'll pass with flying colors. Join Sonic in the high-speed adventure of a lifetime! Sonic Colors: Ultimate will be available on Sept. 7.

Pokémon TV – Pokémon TV is a fun way to watch all sorts of great Pokémon programming in one convenient place. Enjoy the adventures of Ash, Pikachu and their friends – along with animated specials. Browse through hundreds of episodes of Pokémon the Series (including full seasons), thrilling Pokémon Trading Card Game and video game competitions, and the newly added Junior section that features Pokémon Kids TV videos. Content changes periodically, so be sure to check back for hours upon hours of Pokémon fun!

Activities:
It's Huntin' Time – Calling all hunters! My Nintendo is giving away an epic MONSTER HUNTER prize pack to 10 lucky winners. The My Nintendo Ultimate MONSTER HUNTER amiibo Sweepstakes #2 ends on Sept. 7, so be sure to enter today!* For more information, please visit https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/393dc6976eb1d01a.

Nintendo eShop sales:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:

A Good Snowman is Hard to Build
A Night at the Races – Available Sept. 3
ACTIVE LIFE Outdoor Challenge – Available Sept. 3
Angel's Punishment – Available Sept. 3
Animal Puzzle – Preschool Learning Game for Kids and Toddlers
Apsulov: End of Gods
Arcade Archives SPACE CRUISER
Armed Emeth
Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions – Available Sept. 3
Block Puzzle – Available Sept. 3
BOT.vinnik Chess
Cosmic Express
Endless Fables: Shadow Within – Available Sept. 3
Extreme Car Driver – Available Sept. 3
Farmers Co-op: Out of This World
Frontier Quest – Available Sept. 8
Funny Farm Animal Jigsaw Puzzle Game for Kids and Toddlers
Galaxy Squad
Girls Tank Battle
Golf Club Wasteland – Available Sept. 3
How Buddy's parents met
Kitaria Fables
Magical Girls Second Magic
Mickey Storm and the Cursed Mask
MiniGolf Tour
Moonshades: a classic dungeon crawler RPG
NOSTALGIC TRAIN
Pippu – Bauble Quest – Available Sept. 3
Puzzletronics
Red Square Escape 2 – Available Sept. 6
Sokobond
Space Wars
Speedway Heroes
Super Animal Royale
The Magister
Townscaper
Virtuous Western – Available Sept. 3
Weapon of Choice DX
White Girl

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone played Kitaria Fables yet? My wife and I were both pretty interested, and we've had streams of it going on in the background most of the afternoon. Seems solid enough and I think we're gonna pull the trigger eventually, but didn't know if there were impressions from anyone on here yet

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh, Coffee Talk was my favourite indie game last year, and more content is music to my ears … 😊

Is this expansion free or paid content? I have no qualms paying, but curious to know either way.

Thanks to both your words and video, I have bought this for £6.74, thanks to a generous 25% off pre-order discount!

I am already looking forward to playing it tomorrow … ⛳️

Oh! That's great to hear..well it will be if you end up enjoying the game. I had to look because I thought this was on Apple Arcade before it just felt like a game that might''ve been or ended up on Apple Arcade..if that makes any sense.

Has Ni No Kuni 2 been added to the coming soon games yet? I've been checking and it still hadn't been added as of earlier this week (didn't check yesterday) despite the fact that it is coming out this month. Or has it been delayed and I missed the delay?

I know it isn't that unusual for games to just not have much of a presence on the eShop but man kinda getting 'being sent out to die' vibes from it...

It's up on the Japanese eShop right now with a 10% discount. So hopefully it'll show up on the other eShops today or tomorrow. I forgot this game is $49.99. I was hoping for $39.99, but I guess with all DLC that was just wishful thinking.

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else not able to view their wishlist on Nintendo's website? It just loads forever and I don't think the size is the issue as it only has about 200 games on it.

Deleted member 10121

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 9, 2021
I went ahead and bought all three of Sokobond, A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build and Cosmic Express. I had not planned to get them at once initially, but the launch dicount made me do it.

It seems like a shame to me that these have not gained that much attention online, to a point this is like fifth post I write about them within a month, lol. Maybe the genre is just a bit niche. Anyway, I really recommend checking these out if you enjoy puzzles.

SpookyTango

Mar 1, 2020
I went ahead and bought all three of Sokobond, A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build and Cosmic Express. I had not planned to get them at once initially, but the launch dicount made me do it.

It seems like a shame to me that these have not gained that much attention online, to a point this is like fifth post I write about them within a month, lol. Maybe the genre is just a bit niche. Anyway, I really recommend checking these out if you enjoy puzzles.

I've been cleaning up the last of the puzzles in A Monster's Expedition and loved it. Do you have enough experience with the other Draknek games to be able to recommend a particular game among the three titles released today?

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018

I'll probably pick them up eventually. I really enjoy games that use the Sokoban formula as a base for doing something different.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I know we have an OT for it with impressions, but I find it crazy that we still don't have a single review for Baldo.

Deleted member 10121

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 9, 2021
I've been cleaning up the last of the puzzles in A Monster's Expedition and loved it. Do you have enough experience with the other Draknek games to be able to recommend a particular game among the three titles released today?

Admittedly I've only played Sokobond out of those three, I've just been so impressed by that and A Monster's Expedition that I'm willing to hype them all up 😅

I'd guess Snowman is the most approachable after A Monster's Expedition. Sokobond has it's own quirks with the chemistry based mechanics, and Cosmic Express is a completely different brand of puzzles anyway.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Hold up now, we're getting Espgaluda II in the West but we still aren't getting ESP Ra.de?
Different publishers and port devs.

Espgaluda II is published & ported by Live Wire.
ESP Ra.de is published & ported by M2.

I had to pick up ESP Ra.de on physical import from Play-Asia (got stung on import taxes too).

Damn, I'm 3 days late to the thread. Last month I only picked up Spelunky. This month I'm looking at Espgaluda II, Cruis'n Blast and Wario Ware.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Too many Lost Judgement mentions on this thread depresses me because I'll never get to play it, as it's not on Switch. Damn you, Nagoshi!
If you've got a computer or tablet with a strong wifi connection then consider signing up for Xbox GamePass. Only £1 for the first month. Not sure if Lost Judgement will be on there but that's how I'm playing Yakuza Zero.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
If you've got a computer or tablet with a strong wifi connection then consider signing up for Xbox GamePass. Only £1 for the first month. Not sure if Lost Judgement will be on there but that's how I'm playing Yakuza Zero.
I do most of my gaming at work and no we do not strong wifi there. Even if we did, I could only play cloud gaming half an hour a day due to cloud gaming being a big battery eater. Switch is the best solution for me.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I do most of my gaming at work and no we do not strong wifi there. Even if we did, I could only play cloud gaming half an hour a day due to cloud gaming being a big battery eater. Switch is the best solution for me.
Same, Switch is also the best solution for me.

I've been so desperate to play the Yakuza games. And this year, I first saw that there was no Switch version of the re-release of Judgement back in April. And then nothing at all Yakuza related in the Nintendo E3 Direct, so I finally gave up hope of ever playing these games on Switch.

So I'm in the first month 'trial period' of playing Yakuza Zero on GamePass. It's only £1. I'm using my Mac desktop (it runs in Safari browser) and a borrowed PS4 DualShock. It's okay, slight delays here & there. But I haven't put in anywhere near the hours/time I would've put in had it been a Switch release, even if it was still a Cloud version.

Sardello

Oct 30, 2017
I know we have an OT for it with impressions, but I find it crazy that we still don't have a single review for Baldo.
It's difficult to review a game that you can't play or finish. I think reviewers are being nice in front of a 2 men studio and giving them credit to fix at least something before publishing a proper review. Maybe the 0s will turn into 6s

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I think this may be common knowledge, but incase anyone is interested in how long Eastward is going to be

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
Picked up The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and Lumo with the gold coins i got from the former purchase.

Week September 02nd
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Week on eShop:

NA PR
EU Article
JP Article

• Lamentum - Obscure Tales/Neon Doctrine - $15.99/€15.99 - 1.8 GB
  • Monster Harvest - Maple Powered/Merge Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 774 MB
  • Kitaria Fables - PQube - $19.99/€19.99 - 1.9 GB
  • A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build - Draknek - $9.99/€8.19 - 168 MB
  • KeyWe - Sold Out - $24.99/€24.99 - 1.3 GB
    lamentum2sjjc.jpg
    monsterharvestjqj9v.jpg
    kitariafablesydkol.jpg
    agoodsnowmanv6j5o.jpg
    keywey7jhk.jpg
  • A Night at the Races - Nakana.io - $9.99/€9.99 - 484 MB
  • Cosmic Express - Draknek - $9.99/€8.19 - 353 MB
  • Ravva and the Cyclops Curse - eastasiasoft - $4.99/€4.99 - 235 MB
  • Sokobond - Draknek - $9.99/€8.19 - 301 MB
  • Stranded Deep - Beam Team - $24.99/€24.99 - 678 MB
    anightattheracesvrj8y.jpg
    cosmicexpress2wj9o.jpg
    ravvaandthecyclopscurnsky6.jpg
    sokobondbik9b.jpg
    strandeddeeptmk1h.jpg
  • Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 1: Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle and Soul Nomad & the World Eaters - NIS America - $39.99/€39.99 - 4.4 GB
  • Usaaf Mustang - Arcade - UPL/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Active Life Outdoor Challenge/Family Trainer - Bandai Namco Ent. - $49.99/€49.99 - 1.7 GB
  • Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions - Survios - $39.99/€34.99 - 6.6 GB
  • Rustler - Jutsu Games/Modus Games - $29.99/€29.99 - 1.8 GB
    prinnyclassicsv8ktf.jpg
    arcadearchivesusaafmujfjmt.jpg
    familytrainer0lk4x.jpg
    bigrumbleboxingcreedcobku9.jpg
    rustlerf1kha.jpg
  • Golf Club: Wasteland - Untold Tales - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.2 GB
  • Armed Emeth - Kemco - $14.99/€14.99 - 530 MB
  • Weapon of Choice DX - Mommys Best Games - $5.99/€5.99 - 441 MB
  • The Magister - Digerati - $14.99/€14.99 - 373 MB
  • Apsulov: End of Gods - Digerati - $29.99/€29.99 - 5.2 GB
    golfclubwasteland4dj2d.jpg
    armedemeth8hkfc.jpg
    weaponofchoicedx3gkmz.jpg
    themagisterkkklk.jpg
    apsulovendofgodsr7k27.jpg
  • Alveole - Sometimes You - $4.99/€4.99 - 160 MB
  • Hix: Puzzle Islands - Gamedia - $7.90/€6.99 - 72 MB
  • Farmers Co-op: Out of This World - Rising Win Tech. - $12.99/€10.89 - 1.1 GB
  • MiniGolf Tour - JanduSoft - $10.99/€10.99 - 2.0 GB
  • White Girl - Otorakobo - $8.85/€7.59 - 287 MB
    alveole18j1b.jpg
    hixpuzzleislands8vkvr.jpg
    farmersco-opoutofthisydjei.jpg
    minigolftourdik4q.jpg
    whitegirl8ajhy.jpg
  • Luna's Fishing Garden - AbsoDev - €7.99 - 174 MB
  • Angel's Punishment - Game Nacional - $24.99/€24.99 - 94 MB
  • Galaxy Squad - Big Way - $9.99/€8.49 - 1.1 GB
  • Instant Sports Paradise - Plug In Digital - $34.99/€34.99 - 2.1 GB
  • CRASH: Autodrive - Studio Nightcap - $9.99/€9.99 - 966 MB
    lunasfishinggarden1tj2p.jpg
    angelspunishmentljkzg.jpg
    galaxysquadr3kbn.jpg
    instantsportsparadisesjj0c.jpg
    crashautodrivetuk5k.jpg

- Japan

• Demon Gaze EXTRA - Experience/Kadokawa Games - ¥6,980
    demongazeextranxk2p.jpg

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
UPL's Mustang is such a great shmup, super happy to see it on my Switch.
If you want an horizontal shmup with, classic (not danmaku/bullet hell) gameplay with smooth and satisfying movement/shooting, simple yet addicting gameplay thanks to the minimalist power ups and enemies layout that screams for "kills everything on sight" and great graphics and performance then you can do a lot worse than ACA Mustang.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Civ VI is $8.99 on the US eShop right now BTW. Ridiculously cheap for the amount of time I'm likely to spend in it.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Civ VI is $8.99 on the US eShop right now BTW. Ridiculously cheap for the amount of time I'm likely to spend in it.
Yeah, I saw that, but where is the expansion bundle? Searched eShop but no trace of Rise & Fall and Gathering Storm bundle. Even the Anthology pack features only New Frontier DLC bundle. No expansions.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Huh, I didn't realize the NIS Classics release was $20 cheaper digital over the physical version. The physical was styled as a collector's edition, though, so I guess it makes sense. Good to know either way, especially with the second volume coming eventually.

Oct 26, 2017
HumanLifeWipedOut.gif

Golf Club Wasteland is pretty slick and I'm finding the Challenge mode to be just the right amount of challenging.
gif-17855_oJ0l.gif

The physics are good, the soundtrack is great and the satire is quite poignant.

Courses are creative and varied and some are definitely worth more than one playthrough.
GCW_EnviroGolf.gif

Narita Boy, an action platformer, is 50% off and highly recommended!
I don't know how long it's going to be (played for about 2+ hours and seem to be roughly a quarter of the way through) but every scene and every sprite, sound effect and animation are oozing with style.
This game is really something special, and polished to a mirror sheen, no less.
396a29aa778e38b4dfd7363b308672d6d7ed6ff3.gifv

Controls are highly responsive.
Combat is on the easy side but is very enjoyable due to the aforementioned animations.
If you find the default CRT filter too aggressive there's a much softer one in the menu, but after going back and forth I decided to stay with the original filter because it contributes to the mystical air the game is going for.
1636a6a28679d3644f8be8bf23b451e1da4acf69.gifv

The premise is basically Princess Mononoke meets Tron.
If that piques your curiosity just get it and go in blind.
b24098fe9bb12e778f7014ec71899ce0c9ebaa86.gifv

Last edited:

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I saw that, but where is the expansion bundle? Searched eShop but no trace of Rise & Fall and Gathering Storm bundle. Even the Anthology pack features only New Frontier DLC bundle. No expansions.
If you look, they rolled those expansions into the anthology pack and got rid of the stand alone expansions. At least that is how I'm reading it. Sort of makes sense as I think the price for the whole bundle is the same as the old expansion price. So basically get those plus the new frontier pass in one. Looks like it's on sale for $25 US (or 27 for everything). Interestingly enough, the platinum version has the expansions but not the new frontier pass for $15 right now. That's a pretty crazy deal.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019

These look awesome. I'll definitely check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.