• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Okay. Pokémon snap got a new game, so new it's in the title to remind them.

Now it's time for the Pokémon Colosseum fans to get a new game, right folks?
Sorry, Bandai Namco's newly established Pokémon team (Pokken and Snap share plenty of major staff) only have one spin-off revival in mind.

New. Pokemon. Pinball

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get the thought process behind naming a product "New ____". In like 5-10 years the name becomes a joke.

I guess most of the sales happen before then.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Nintendo release so many old games they had to put 'New' in the title or no one would actually figure it out.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
I really don't get the thought process behind naming a product "New ____". In like 5-10 years the name becomes a joke.

Why just don't use 2 or just Pokemon Snap and established it as a reboot?

I know they said Japanese people like the word New in games, but it is kinda weird.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017

Maybe it's just an internal thing.

it really doesn't seem to affect anything in regards to sales or whatnot. Only annoying when looking it up or talking about it so I guess there's no harm in their naming conventions.

still. Weird and who knows what's the next game to get the new title. Or hardware...

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Super Mario Party keeps rising on the e-shop in NA.

Wonder when the sequel will happen. Before or after it reaches 20 million LTD

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
Finally 1000 posts in this forum (I'm already here since we moved away from the old place, so it took quite some time for me).

By achieving this milestone, which I would never have accomplished without Nintendo Threads, the NSO update has to happen next week. It has to.

Last edited:

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
Did you guys find an OT name for GBG yet? I can't wait for all the creative stuff going into that!!!

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I nominate "Make your own fucking F-Zero if you think it's so easy"
Soon
E0qCqhZUYAAEk0Y.jpg

Necro Felipe

Editor-in-chief at Universo Nintendo
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Brasil
Oh yeah, aren't we supposed to be getting our yearly pre-E3 Pokemon Direct soon? When exactly are we expecting that?

Yes (I'm personally expecting), normally we get one Presents pre-E3 as they show plans for both video-games (new trailers / spin-offs) & mobile related contents that can't be present on a Nintendo Direct.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So is the Future Nintendo Hardware dead now?

Last I check they were talking about IBM's 2nm nodes. I'm no sure how that bares exactly for Nvidia/Nintendo.

The state of semiconductor technology is directly relevant to future Nintendo hardware. And all consumer electronic hardware.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody is suggesting they will though.

The thread isn't just about the upcoming revision, it's about all of their future hardware.
Any device past the next iteration will be nebulous at best till we have concrete information on what direction and what technology they want to take it, which you could bet will be a closely guarded secret.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Any device past the next iteration will be nebulous at best till we have concrete information on what direction and what technology they want to take it, which you could bet will be a closely guarded secret.

Sure but the purpose of that thread is to discuss what's possible in the future.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't remember them actually leaking anything that came true? The main thing I know them for is the NSO update that never happened.

The general Switch Pro information is the main thing he leaked, and it was backed up 4-5 months later by Bloomberg.

The only thing he leaked that has been actually proven false was the NSO update being announced in April.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, maybe fake info is why he was banned then...
It's not necessarily fake info. We had an admin come into this thread like two or so threads ago saying he wasn't an insider because they couldn't verify his sources with the admins and mods of this site through their process of vetting insiders and that we shouldn't consider Thugstas an insider. Some sources don't want to be put in such a situation. Either way it's over.

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
Sure but the purpose of that thread is to discuss what's possible in the future.

The general Switch Pro information is the main thing he leaked, and it was backed up 4-5 months later by Bloomberg.

The only thing he leaked that has been actually proven false was the NSO update being announced in April.
Wait... was he the first person to leak the info about the pro? Was there anyone before him?
It's not necessarily fake info. We had an admin come into this thread like two or so threads ago saying he wasn't an insider because they couldn't verify his sources with the admins and mods of this site through their process of vetting insiders and that we shouldn't consider Thugstas an insider. Some sources don't want to be put in such a situation. Either way it's over.
Right, I just spoke too soon, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.