• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think there will be a Switch Pro before the next Nintendo console?

• Yes, we will get the equivalent of a New 3DS.

Votes: 292 28.8%
  • No, the OLED was the final Nintendo Switch revision before Switch 2.

Votes: 519 51.2%
  • Why does everybody care what I think on this subject? We're all in the dark

Votes: 202 19.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
if BozPaggs is the wholesome side of the abyss, am I the vulgar side of the abyss??

I mean I guess I fuckin' swear a fucky shitload but is that something I should do less?

this post brought to you by the "language is violence" foundation
The abyss is boundless and has no sides!

Also I think I probably swear the most here regardless of self censorship

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
What the actual ever loving finger licking f*ck? That is absolutely f*cking unacceptable.
Yeah the Netherlands are an exception apparantly. I think they did offer it once, but it wasn't just very popular. But they serve fries from the get go too, while in the states you only get like a crummy biscuit.

That's interesting because they did in Turkey.

Also interesting is that there's no Popeyes in Netherlands. It's been a while since the last time I was there but I thought Popeyes is all over the Europe. I mean, the number of Popeyes restaurants in Turkey is almost the double of KFC.
Turkey has Popeyes? Well you learn something new everyday.

But yeah, the Netherlands is a very tiny market for big chains and mostly not worth it. Taco Bell opened a joint in the city here, but it's not that busy. Pizza Hut tries to come back every now and then but fail. Wendy's tried to gain some traction here in the Netherlands, but apparently they can't get in.

In other European countries its easier to experiment due to the countries size.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Yeah the Netherlands are an exception apparantly. I think they did offer it once, but it wasn't just very popular. But they serve fries from the get go too, while in the states you only get like a crummy biscuit.
I cannot fathom the gravy being unpopular, it's the best part dagnabbit!

and hey don't knock scones and gravy *insert smiling devil face emoji*

all hail the wholesome and the vulgar!
Also just realised I totally didn't censor myself when Dread was revealed but I'm giving myself a pass there

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey has Popeyes? Well you learn something new everyday.

But yeah, the Netherlands is a very tiny market for big chains and mostly not worth it. Taco Bell opened a joint in the city here, but it's not that busy. Pizza Hut tries to come back every now and then but fail. Wendy's tried to gain some traction here in the Netherlands, but apparently they can't get in.

In other European countries its easier to experiment due to the countries size.
Sounds like France. Somehow even Burger King failed in France and for 10 years French people were without BK. They made a return, but I doubt it'll be permanent. But France does have Popeyes...

Turkey is complete opposite, almost every US franchise becomes a hit. Popeyes and Arby's have been in Turkey for like at least 25 years, and in recent years Turkey also received Carl's Jr, Five Guys, Shake Shack, all of the pizza chains (not just Dominos and Pizza Hut, but Papa Johns, Little Caesars, Sbarro and Cici's), both of the donut places....

Suswave

Aug 11, 2020
ohhhhh man so I was just gonna shitpost to make fun of the 2000s but I googled him (expecting a wall of reasons why he's cancelled, frankly) and instead found out his kid has cancer :(

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be September 1st. Bookmark this post.
Yeah expecting the Direct on September 1st/2nd.

Warioware is coming on September 10th and didn't even get a new trailer since E3. Sep 8th/9th would be too close so it leaves out Sep 1st/2nd.

Of course it is also possible we are getting it on September 15th/16th.

Suswave

Aug 11, 2020
BozPaggs help me settle a philosophical debate

if you had to distinguish UK food from foods elsewhere, on like, a broad conceptual level

other than wide and violent colonization

would you say that gravy or loose approximations of gravy are a defining feature of British food?

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Sounds like France. Somehow even Burger King failed in France and for 10 years French people were without BK. They made a return, but I doubt it'll be permanent. But France does have Popeyes...

Turkey is complete opposite, almost every US franchise becomes a hit. Popeyes and Arby's have been in Turkey for like at least 25 years, and in recent years Turkey also received Carl's Jr, Five Guys, Shake Shack, all of the pizza chains (not just Dominos and Pizza Hut, but Papa Johns, Little Caesars, Sbarro and Cici's), both of the donut places....
What about Starbucks? Australians take great pride in the fact that Starbucks failed there, haha

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dunkin Donuts is the superior American coffee chain.
giphy.gif

hologram

Jun 30, 2020

if you had to distinguish UK food from foods elsewhere, on like, a broad conceptual level

would you say that gravy or loose approximations of gravy are a defining feature of British food?
Can I speak to this as a British citizen? I would say yes, definitely (Sunday roast is like THE British thing) (aside from bastardized Indian food)
Oh wow. Oh geez. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but that barely counts as coffee

Suswave

Aug 11, 2020
follow-up about Canadian food:

maple syrup is the easy myth. Not exactly false, but nowhere near the core

but the rumors about everything being poutine are true

i'd say Canada's food is defined by poutine, multiculturalism partially re-colonized, and bannock (just regular colonized)

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Last September Directs of the Switch era :

- September 4th 2019
- September 6th (original date) 2018
- September 13th 2017

All are US time. Either the 1st or 2nd Wed/Thu of the month.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
What about Starbucks? Australians take great pride in the fact that Starbucks failed there, haha
With great shame, I can say Turkey is among the countries with most Starbucks locations. They literally worship Starbucks.

Donkin Donut is beaten by Krispy Kreme in Turkey. DD still have a tiny presence but Krispy Kreme knows how to cater locals.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
follow-up about Canadian food:

maple syrup is the easy myth. Not exactly false, but nowhere near the core

but the rumors about everything being poutine are true

i'd say Canada's food is defined by poutine, multiculturalism partially re-colonized, and bannock (just regular colonized)
Not Canada as a whole, but I went to Montreal once and for some reason it was a common refrain that the bagels were better than in New York, actually (it is absolutely not true)

Suswave

Aug 11, 2020
Can I speak to this as a British citizen? I would say yes, definitely (Sunday roast is like THE British thing) (aside from bastardized Indian food)

Oh wow. Oh geez. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but that barely counts as coffee
all UK folks are welcome to chime in! thank you for the input!

my theory is that the driving gravy ethos is what informs all UK food — beans in juice make a kind of gravy-adjacent situation, what y'all did to curry counts as a gravy (RIP), and medieval sensibilities inform a lot else

this is based 100% on loose conjecture and I have never been to your hungry little island

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom

In the most traditional sense of gravy I would say so yeah. For the most part british food is astonishingly bland so dousing it in hot meat water is frankly necessary.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
I cannot fathom the gravy being unpopular, it's the best part dagnabbit!

and hey don't knock scones and gravy *insert smiling devil face emoji*
It was alright; the chicken was good though

Huh. I had no idea that those chains are that popular and thriving in Turkey.

Papa John's opened a place too, but I never see anyone over there when I walk by it. Five Guys appeared here as well, they seems to be popular here. Overpriced though, but oh lordy I love their Cajun fries and the burger is damn tasty.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
my theory is that the driving gravy ethos is what informs all UK food — beans in juice make a kind of gravy-adjacent situation, what y'all did to curry counts as a gravy (RIP), and medieval sensibilities inform a lot else
You know, I guess you could also call chicken tikka masala gravy-based, too! Certainly moreso than murgh makhani, which would probably be the closest actual Indian dish

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
ain't no way they have a direct on the first of the month

could be the 2nd if we're back to thursdays but I'm thinking the 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.