• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
Mightyape? Same for me. It's real annoying.
Yeah, this actually gives me hope they were held back to send out on release day for same day delivery or something?

In the grand scheme of things more of a wait won't hurt me.

I'm just particularly triggered at the moment as I've just gone through a similar situation with getting my new phone delivered haha

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
Charged this morning for my SWOLED by Amazon Canada but expected delivery is still middle of next week.

Oh well

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
Ok, I've just had a dispatch notice from Nintendo that Metroid SE has been dispatched.

I cancelled that as I didn't need 2 but it appears that in a moment of ABSOLUTE GENIUS I accidentally gave them my order number for SMT V Fall of Man instead. 😭😭😭

It still says processing under orders so I've emailed them to hopefully unfuck this situation.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Well, reached out to Amazon UK again and they confirmed that the previous person had lied. Straight up just lied lol. It's not being shipped today, isn't processing and Wednesday isn't an error but rather the concrete date. Too late to order from Smyths now for next-day delivery – by 45 minutes – and sold out elsewhere, so that's that. I really don't understand what some people get out of lying. If they'd have just been honest I'd have cancelled and looked elsewhere. Now it's too late.

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It was fairly painless when I did it before after upgrading to the better battery life Switch, just used the Transfer User function in the System menu.

Only Animal Crossing will be a hassle, you have to do that separately.

Oh you can transfer just one resident now with animal crossing? So in theory for my daughter, could I transfer the entire island across to the new switch, then transfer just her back to the old one (she isn't the island rep)

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well, reached out to Amazon UK again and they confirmed that the previous person had lied. Straight up just lied lol. It's not being shipped today, isn't processing and Wednesday isn't an error but rather the concrete date. Too late to order from Smyths now for next-day delivery – by 45 minutes – and sold out elsewhere, so that's that. I really don't understand what some people get out of just straight up lying. If they'd have just been honest I'd have cancelled and looked elsewhere. Now it's too late.

Thats what they get by lying. Sorry.

I didn't realise Smyths shipped next day so late - might have gambled as a backup. Maybe they'll have walk in stock if you have a nearish store?

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
I had three oled orders, Best Buy, Amazon, and Target. All of them white.

I cancelled Amazon and Best Buy, figured I would save the $18 dollars by sticking with Target with Red Card discount.

Now I am stuck with a backordered status. I don't need it tomorrow but I am going on a trip a week from today so I will be annoyed if it doesn't show up before then. Whoever has my pre-orders from Best Buy and Amazon, I hope you are happy.

I'm sure the bot who got them when it was relisted is indifferent about it tbh

Gong

Oct 25, 2017
Well, reached out to Amazon UK again and they confirmed that the previous person had lied. Straight up just lied lol. It's not being shipped today, isn't processing and Wednesday isn't an error but rather the concrete date. Too late to order from Smyths now for next-day delivery – by 45 minutes – and sold out elsewhere, so that's that. I really don't understand what some people get out of lying. If they'd have just been honest I'd have cancelled and looked elsewhere. Now it's too late.

That is messed up, sorry to hear that :(

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Thats what they get by lying. Sorry.

I didn't realise Smyths shipped next day so late - might have gambled as a backup. Maybe they'll have walk in stock if you have a nearish store?
That is messed up, sorry to hear that :(
All good, just could have done with that small lift tomorrow that's all. Is frustrating. Had I known I'd have just cancelled and ordered via Smyths and we'd be laughing. I didn't know on the next day delivery either honestly, checked a moment ago and saw the cutoff for next working day is 9pm. Which is a kick in the teeth lol, and means can't order it tomorrow for Saturday as it'll come Monday. I checked all the store pickups on the site and the stores themselves are shown as sold out for the country. Seems it's online order only.

Oct 25, 2017
can you link something? Can't find anything on their site.
Read the last page of comments

The Gamestop Thread

Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18 Weekly Ad: https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad PDF version: https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf Current Trade in Promos: GS FAQ How many copies of a game can I trade in? You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the...

Gong

Oct 25, 2017
I had an order with Amazon, hopped over to Nintendo when they went live there and cancelled the previous one. Impatience waiting for a confirmation email is nothing compared to just being outright lied to. Sorry Kyuuji *Destiny Hug Emote*

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
Have left this late as usual....for those UK peeps, will Smyths have stock tomorrow or is it likely preorder only?

W1ckedEvoX

Oct 27, 2017
Read the last page of comments

The Gamestop Thread

Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18 Weekly Ad: https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad PDF version: https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf Current Trade in Promos: GS FAQ How many copies of a game can I trade in? You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the...

found it thanks! That's an insane amount for a switch trade in

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
Ok so with Amazon AU when I just look at my order history it say arriving Monday, but when I click on track package it says arriving today. And when clicking See all Updates it says that it arrived at the carrier facility at 6am, two hours ago.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
All good, just could have done with that small lift tomorrow that's all. Is frustrating. Had I known I'd have just cancelled and ordered via Smyths and we'd be laughing. I didn't know on the next day delivery either honestly, checked a moment ago and saw the cutoff for next working day is 9pm. Which is a kick in the teeth lol, and means can't order it tomorrow for Saturday as it'll come Monday. I checked all the store pickups on the site and the stores themselves are shown as sold out for the country. Seems it's online order only.

its possible thats just because they aren't for sale yet - it says expected 8th october. So there might be store stock

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017

Just had a look on Smyths website and it's showing stock available for a load of stores for Click & Collect.

Not sure if that's an option for you, but maybe worth a go?

Edit: link if anyone wants it: https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb...-consoles/nintendo-switch-oled-white/p/202449

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Best Buy finally charged my card. Also, my copy of Metroid Dread arrived early and my amiibo is arriving on time. Glad that everything is working out.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
My order is shipping interstate, apparently it arrived at the airport in Victoria (I'm in NSW) last night so maybe there's a slim chance I'll get it today but I'm not holding my breath.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I had an order with Amazon, hopped over to Nintendo when they went live there and cancelled the previous one. Impatience waiting for a confirmation email is nothing compared to just being outright lied to. Sorry Kyuuji *Destiny Hug Emote*
Destiny hug emote indeed! I'm glad you've got yours on the way though 😊

its possible thats just because they aren't for sale yet - it says expected 8th october. So there might be store stock
Just had a look on Smyths website and it's showing stock available for a load of stores for Click & Collect.
Not sure if that's an option for you, but maybe worth a go?
Edit: link if anyone wants it: https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb...-consoles/nintendo-switch-oled-white/p/202449
Ah interesting. I don't have one near me, it would be about an hour drive or so each way. Which isn't the worst, but I just put in an order with GAME as they had non-bundle stock I missed and seem to do next day delivery for orders placed Sun-Fri, so that would at least mean getting it Saturday. Means dropping an extra £15 for the delivery but frustration is a powerful motivator and considering I have Monday off would be nice to be able to make use of it. Thank you for looking out though – I appreciate it.

Last edited:

JYOUNG188

Nov 3, 2017
Target order just went from preparing to ship on the 14th to shipping label created with FedEx to arrive Sunday. I'll take it.

ARobotCalledV

Aug 22, 2020
Yeah, this actually gives me hope they were held back to send out on release day for same day delivery or something?

In the grand scheme of things more of a wait won't hurt me.

I'm just particularly triggered at the moment as I've just gone through a similar situation with getting my new phone delivered haha

Mightyape is telling me it'll arrive next week. Should have bought it from ebgames.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Finally email from Argos.

Here is a voucher for when you spend more than £100.

Fuck off Argos