• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Limless

Jan 7, 2021
I'm surprised pre-orders still aren't up anywhere in the UK except stinky Game and smelly Smyth Toys. Where are youuu

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
UK I presume. I hope we don't have the same issue in Spain.
Yeah, UK. The E-mail said something about cancellation due to an "unspecified" reason for security purposes. So it might just be something wrong with my order specifically but I just hate dealing with the crooks. Most of the time their systems trigger my fraud prevention detection on my bank account and the like too.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm so torn with disappointment on this. On one hand I'd like a bigger better screen on my Switch and love new hardware. But on the other hand for £310 and the fact that the console spends 80% of time docked, plus is barely getting much use these days with very little on the horizon for me personally until BOTW2, makes my common sense say "don't do it".

Tlozbj

Banned
Jun 26, 2020
Puerto Rico
It seems the Gamestop page for the white sku recently got updated. Yesterday, it only had 3 pictures product, it now includes 6. Now there is also a new bullet point about some shipment options not being available because of the lithium battery. Plus, some "Buy now, pay later" info.

So it seems they may be gearing up to go live.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I'm so torn with disappointment on this. On one hand I'd like a bigger better screen on my Switch and love new hardware. But on the other hand for £310 and the fact that the console spends 80% of time docked, plus is barely getting much use these days with very little on the horizon for me personally until BOTW2, makes my common sense say "don't do it".
The only way you could justify this is by selling your current switch. You'd still fetch a high amount for it, so it could be a £80-100 "upgrade" depending on how much you sell your system for.

Get a pre-order in at Amazon etc when live, then make up your mind closer to the time.

Last edited:

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I didn't miss anything overnight

OP
OP
catboy

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, UK. The E-mail said something about cancellation due to an "unspecified" reason for security purposes. So it might just be something wrong with my order specifically but I just hate dealing with the crooks. Most of the time their systems trigger my fraud prevention detection on my bank account and the like too.
that doesn't sound good, sorry to hear that. i wonder if it's some kind of anti-scalping measure gone awry.

Ryu_Ken

Oct 30, 2017
I'm surprised pre-orders still aren't up anywhere in the UK except stinky Game and smelly Smyth Toys. Where are youuu
tenor.gif

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget about your local GS taking in store preorders at some point to at most likely. If you have the day off and can camp in front of a store before they open, it might work out where their systems have a directive from corporate on when they'll be able to take preorders.

Good luck!

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon.de says it's out of stock :0
Edit.: Oh. It says currently unavailable.

GokouD

Oct 30, 2017
FYI the white one is out of stock at Smyths now in the UK. Neon still available. I find it funny that with the original model, everyone wanted the jazzy neon one, but now it's the plain one that's exciting lol.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like all the SKUs initially available at Game.co.uk (both standalone and bundles) are now out of stock.

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
Man I am waiting on the preorder but tbh I hope it's not hard to find like previous current gen consoles. This is only a slightly updated switch after all.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wow, they are 399 Euro in Germany, a 50 Euro premium compared to France.

I wonder if I should pre-order just in case at fnac but I don't know if they charge up front.
I might just cancel my pre-order but I'd better just do it while possible and saving a few bucks while at it doesn't seem like too bad of an idea

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Nintendo be like: make them Germans bleed, they're rich as fuck anyways
And I'm like: nope