• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

12 Months
3 Months
Di-Myk5UYAAumfO

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, interesting. Hopefully that means more information is coming soon, specifically the rest of the included NES games

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
for some reason i was thinking this was going to be about amazon selling digital copies of Switch games. Cool that it's for the online service, means we should be getting more details soon.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Still can't believe that some people complained about the price.

Would be worth it alone for access to the Classic Collection if they keep adding games to it + that Second player functionality.

Is the 12 month a price error?
Why on earth would anyone get the 3 month one...
To try it out before committing if you don't know now anything about service.

Also 3months are what the system will likely be bundled with.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
Still find it baffling Nintendo isn't trying to tie this launch to major online title's launch - considering how little we've heard I thought it'd be moved back

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I find it curious to buy codes like that for Amazon if they do not have a discount.

In other words, what advantage can it have over doing it in eshop, it is still an online purchase.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still can't believe that some people complained about the price.

Would be worth it alone for access to the Classic Collection if they keep adding games to it + that Second player functionality.

To try it out before committing if you don't know now anything about service.

Also 3months are what the system will likely be bundled with.
Maybe because they're charging people for the ability to backup their saves. If I have no interest in the classic collection (which I don't) I still have to pay 20 dollars a year to ensure I don't lose all my saves. That's just Nintendo being Nintendo. Hopefully they provide other reasons to justify the price.

I mean that's cool and all, but I'd rather just buy it directly through the console.

Yep. Even though I'm pretty sure we can't use gold coins on it or receive gold coins for buying it.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Still find it baffling Nintendo isn't trying to tie this launch to major online title's launch - considering how little we've heard I thought it'd be moved back

You will need it for Mario Kart, Splatoon and co. already. Same for Smash Bros. ...they don't need to launch an extra title with the service for people to sign up.

Thought I expect some announcements next months for the subscription launch.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
The family group price is nice! I wonder what the catch is going to be. Say, me, and seven others from here, go in on the family group. What features will be limited to the seven others if the service is paid by my account? I mean, we'll bring it down to $0.36 per month for each member. There has to be a catch.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people think there will be a direct with more online information?
The last time there was more information wasn't it just press releases and and a site update

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I don't play Switch online much but always want the option. $19.99 annually is so inconsequential I'll probably always have it. That's likely what Nintendo is counting on.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
The lead up to this service has been terrible so far. The lack of communication options, friendcodes, terrible netcode and/or connections even with games that focus heavily on MP (Splatoon 2, Tennis)... I really, really hope they do a 180 on all of this and step their online game up. And do this with a convincing presentation.

I love my Switch and their 1st Party Games and I want them to succeed. But right now it is really hard to believe that a big portion of the Mainstream is willing to pay for Nintendo's online service. It's a huge barrier for more casual people who just want to play a few rounds of Mario Kart or Pokemon Let's Go, completely regardless if it costs $50, $20 or just $10 a year. It's a hurdle for less dedicated players.

I'm really curious to see how it works out for them. I'll certainly be there for Smash and guve them a chance to sway me.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
so they're really going through with this dumb shit huh
it was nice playing Splatoon and Mario Kart with y'all and with randos
i'm not paying for it though
not even $20

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be relivied once I can actually get my save backed up. Seriously Nintendo...

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That'd be the shortest direct yet.
Not really I could see it being 10 to 15 mins esp if they announce a game to go along with it that they haven't announced yet

They could show you how to use cloud saves

They could show how multiplayer in classic games work

They could announce more classic games

Etc

Oct 30, 2017
It just begins

Switch Online is $20

Next year it will be $25

Year after it will be $30

Then year after It will be $35

Then finally it will reach $50

DR2K